Vegan food prep

Badatz2

Don't know about the preventive measures for cross contamination. Our vegan experience in traveling last Novenber on the Anthem was a disappointment. In the MDR for dinner each evening there was only one choice for starter, one main course, and one dessert. Yes, there was salad in the Windjammer and a vegan cheese pizza in Sorentos. A  pre reservation discussion with staff at Jamie's resulted in being offered bruschetta and gluten free (?) pasta. We did not eat there. Our post cruise comment card noted the deficiencies. Let's hope Royal recognizes that there is an increasing interest in a plant based diet.    

1 hour ago, josprince said:

Don't know about the preventive measures for cross contamination. Our vegan experience in traveling last Novenber on the Anthem was a disappointment. In the MDR for dinner each evening there was only one choice for starter, one main course, and one dessert. Yes, there was salad in the Windjammer and a vegan cheese pizza in Sorentos. A  pre reservation discussion with staff at Jamie's resulted in being offered bruschetta and gluten free (?) pasta. We did not eat there. Our post cruise comment card noted the deficiencies. Let's hope Royal recognizes that there is an increasing interest in a plant based diet.    

As long as only 4% of Americans identify as vegetarians and 1% as vegan; don’t look for much of a change. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

As long as only 4% of Americans identify as vegetarians and 1% as vegan; don’t look for much of a change. 

This.

11 hours ago, Badatz2 said:

I asked this question a few years ago but I hope that things might have changed.

Does Royal prepare vegan meals in separate ovens, using separate utensils, prep area, etc. in order to prevent "cross contamination"?

I highly doubt it since vegan is a choice and not a necessity regarding getting sick. It would be way too much trouble and money to have everything separate regarding cross contamination with what, animals? Are there mainstream restaurants that have a complete separate area for vegans?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And some of those are part timers. Like "I'm a vegetarian except I eat chicken" or those that generally stick to a vegan diet because it's trendy, but only when convenient.

I do have respect for those who are 100% invested in their plant-based diets, but as long as that number is so low, like you said, nothing will change.

• Like 2