Cabin for 5??

keukamom

Can anyone give me the name of ships that have cabins for 2 adults & 3 children under six. We don't want 2 cabins and are having a tough time finding anything larger than a quad. Need the cheapest possible, so family suites are out.

Thanks.

I would call 1-800-cruises because they have all the resources and you can ask them anything and they are nice. I have found cheaper places to book but you can't go wrong checking with them.

From my experience helping a friend plan her cruise with her husband and two kids-she got 2 cabins that interconnected where you could leave the door open (Norweigan Jewel) That was TREMENDOUSLY cheaper than even a mini-suite which I still think would have been cramped. Maybe there is a cabin in a regular room (interior or oceanview) that holds 5 but I'm not sure and you will be so cramped and have one tiny bathroom. I think it is cramped for 4 people--but check out the option of having two cabins that adjoin with a door inbetween--even if you have to have one adult in each room it might be the best option=cruise quarters are tiny!

Disney Magic. We had the deluxe family "cabin" back in '03 and it worked out well. BTW 5 adult sized people. 2 in the bed, couch turns into bed, top "bunk" folds down from ceiling, and a Murphy bed in wall. OK not cheapest possible but good.

We sailed Carnival Victory with 5 in a cabin - 2 adults, kids 13, 8 and 4. The older Carnival ships (Destiny and Fantasy class) can book five in a cabin; the newer ships (Spirit and Conquest class) cannot. Ours was a 5-night Canada cruise out of NYC, so it was cheaper than a 7-night Caribbean cruise. They charge full rate for the first two pax, a lower rate for 3, 4 and 5.

carnival cruise line (the older ships) ecstasy and elation let you put 5 in a suite.....not too much more than a balcony cabin on the newer ships.....the 3-4-5 person is usually lots cheaper so it might end up being the same price.

any fantasy class ship-- sensation, ectasy, imagination, inspiration,Fantasy Elation & Paradise

Celebration or Holiday

Destiny, triumph and Victory all will allow 5 to a cabin--with one bed being a roll away bed.

You also will not find any online site that will allow you to book for 5.

Ok, I will tell you what I know, as we are in the same situation. Wanting to cruise with our 3 children without paying a fortune. For one room with 5, if you aren't going to pay Disney's price, then your options are limited. It is Carnival on their older ships, 2000 and older. Log on to *****.com and get to the ships section. You can click on all their ships and see which ones will hold 5. The newest of the bunch are the Victory and Triumpth. (Sister ships.) We are going on the Victory in May. It is still costing us alot but thought this was one of our last chances to get on a fairly new ship, in one room, with 5. Carnival is not allowing 5 in their rooms on their newer ships as they were meeting their capacity without selling out all their rooms. (So I was told.) Good luck!

Hi, I have seen cabins for 5 on Constellation (and if they were there - some of the other Celebrity's ships must have them too)......there were two lower beds, one sofa that opened up to make a bed and there were two more pull down beds stored in the ceiling. I talked with the (our) steward and asked if there are actually any cabins that have 5 people in them and he did say that he had 4 cabins with 5 people in them and that he was pretty busy because these cabins required more time for cleaning and getting them prepared either for the day or the night.....I guess it takes a little more time to take care of 5 instead of 2.

Wes

Hi, I have seen cabins for 5 on Constellation (and if they were there - some of the other Celebrity's ships must have them too)......there were two lower beds, one sofa that opened up to make a bed and there were two more pull down beds stored in the ceiling. I talked with the (our) steward and asked if there are actually any cabins that have 5 people in them and he did say that he had 4 cabins with 5 people in them and that he was pretty busy because these cabins required more time for cleaning and getting them prepared either for the day or the night.....I guess it takes a little more time to take care of 5 instead of 2.

Wes

All of Celebrity's M class and C class ships have cabins for five. As stated there is a regular bed two sofa's and one upper. They are generally in the aft of the ships and are great cabins. I have stayed in one of them on the Century and it was a fabulous cabin. Had a great window seat that was so big, my daughter actually slept in it one night.

Celebrity also has great children's programs, very underated.

Royal Caribbean has some family ocean view staterooms.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?br=R&cabincls=O&cabinType=FF&pager.offset=0

Here's a link that lists all the RCCL ships that have these types of room. They will hold up to six and are reasonably priced. We stayed in one last October with our four young children.

Archived