Anyone Else Getting Silence When On Hold For Customer Service?

I'm trying to get a price adjustment on one of my cruises. Called the crown and anchor number but sat on hold (I think) for 7 minutes with nothing but silence, so I figured something was wrong and hung up. 

Called the regular number and have now been on hold (I think) for 16 minutes, also in silence. There's usually a bunch of annoying ads and music in the background on constant repeat, but it's been several months since I've called customer service. Is this new or is their system broken and I'm sitting "on hold" for nothing? 

Same thing happened to me last night.  I gave up after 11 minutes.  I made three different attempts and then gave up.  I did call today, and everything was as usual, annoying ads and all. 

I don't know where you are located, I'm on the West Coast, and I was calling late.  And even though they say 24/7 service, I think whoever they have outsourced it to has different plans. Try earlier tomorrow.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, Jetdriver787 said:

I thought you meant Simon & Garfunkel! That said, sometimes it can be Golden! 

I do believe Silence Is Golden was Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons.😊

• Like 1

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Same thing happened to me last night.  I gave up after 11 minutes.  I made three different attempts and then gave up.  I did call today, and everything was as usual, annoying ads and all. 

I don't know where you are located, I'm on the West Coast, and I was calling late.  And even though they say 24/7 service, I think whoever they have outsourced it to has different plans. Try earlier tomorrow.  Good luck.

I'm west coast as well, and started to wonder if I was calling after hours and they just didn't bother to turn on the message saying they were closed. I hung up after 20 minutes 👀. Will call again this morning (if the price has still dropped). 

3 hours ago, RobInMN said:

IMO, Disturbed did it better. Even Paul Simon has praised it.

No way. I prefer the orginal as it takes me back to that moment of time what was happening in my life. 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2024 at 5:23 PM, RobInMN said:

IMO, Disturbed did it better. Even Paul Simon has praised it.

One of my favorites. I like it much better than the original.

• Like 1