Adding Photo to Navigator App

Loving Island Life

I've downloaded the HAL Navigator app, but can't figure out how to add my photo.  Could someone walk me through the steps for this?  I thought I was pretty tech savvy (for my age), but I can't figure it out.  We don't leave until November, but I'd like to get this done ASAP.  Thanks to any and all that can help me out.

11 minutes ago, Loving Island Life said:

I've downloaded the HAL Navigator app, but can't figure out how to add my photo.  Could someone walk me through the steps for this?  I thought I was pretty tech savvy (for my age), but I can't figure it out.  We don't leave until November, but I'd like to get this done ASAP.  Thanks to any and all that can help me out.

Add a photo where?

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You never needed to add a photo.

The app did include a photo box on the screen for a while - as part of checkin procedures you could upload a head shot. The only time I did it was in the autumn of 2021 for an early November cruise. Maybe an effort to lessen face to face time with other humans having your photo taken at the pier? Remember, things were different as cruise lines emerged from Covid. I think there was also a system for uploading your white Covid vaccination card on the app.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You never needed to add a photo.

59 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

The app did include a photo box on the screen for a while - as part of checkin procedures you could upload a head shot. The only time I did it was in the autumn of 2021 for an early November cruise. Maybe an effort to lessen face to face time with other humans having your photo taken at the pier? Remember, things were different as cruise lines emerged from Covid. I think there was also a system for uploading your white Covid vaccination card on the app.

Oh how quickly we forget!

Remember 'VeriFLY'? and uploading Covid test results?

Also in 2021/22 you could upload a picture to the app which shortened your boarding time as your only contact was with Facial Image Recognition device in the port.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Oh how quickly we forget!

Remember 'VeriFLY'? and uploading Covid test results?

Also in 2021/22 you could upload a picture to the app which shortened your boarding time as your only contact was with Facial Image Recognition device in the port.

Yes, but we have sailed 5 times since resumption...2022, 2023 (3x) and 2024, and never put in a picture. Never did Verifly. Just showed up at the pier with required negative tests, and boarded quickly. I assume part of the reason for pretty normal speed boarding was (a) Neptune Suite pax and (b) low pax counts in 2022 and 2023.

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Yes, but we have sailed 5 times since resumption...2022, 2023 (3x) and 2024, and never put in a picture. Never did Verifly. Just showed up at the pier with required negative tests, and boarded quickly. I assume part of the reason for pretty normal speed boarding was (a) Neptune Suite pax and (b) low pax counts in 2022 and 2023.

Verifly was required by some airlines in Europe, during the recovery phase after lockdowns.  

We sailed in October 2021 from Trieste and twice in 2022, also in Europe and I remember taking the photos of DW and myself which were always ghastly! But then, as they say, the camera doesn't lie!

Edited by VMax1700