Check-in Complete

simplelife

1 hour ago, DeniseTr said:

I'm curious, 10:30, are you gold or platinum? Checked n for venezia right at midnight and best I could do was 11AM.

If he checked in at 16 days out, he had priority check in.

For my Glory cruise, without priority (midnight 14 days out) I got 10am for all four of our cabins, so 10 am did last at least a few minutes. In fact, we all got the same boarding zone (A5). 

Whether the earliest slot will be available at 14 days will depend on the number of people with priority, who utilize it, and select the earliest times.  From reading the boards here, the earliest time available at midnight 14 days does seem to range between 10 and 11am (assuming the first arrival time is 10am).

Not all ports have an earliest time of 10 am (I believe Baltimore is one that starts later, or at least it did last time I cruised from there).

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2024 at 12:25 AM, simplelife said:

Just completed online Check-in for the Oct 12 sailing of Horizon! God my 10:30  time slot. Ready to sail in 16 days. Let's hope the weather and Longshoremen's Union cooperate.

We're on this sailing. Did checkin earlier today, though I'm not sure that the time I picked really matters. This will be our first Carnival sailing in a suite and as I understand it we have priority boarding. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 10:23 AM, DeniseTr said:

I'm curious, 10:30, are you gold or platinum? Checked n for venezia right at midnight and best I could do was 11AM.

Yes, we are plats, so were able to reserve two days ahead. Before we were plat, I often found the earliest times takenby the time we were able to book.

On 9/28/2024 at 7:36 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

We're on this sailing. Did checkin earlier today, though I'm not sure that the time I picked really matters. This will be our first Carnival sailing in a suite and as I understand it we have priority boarding. 

I know they say suites go first, so perhaps they bypass the reserved time requirement. My understanding was that plats needed to reserve a time anyway -  that is the reason they allow us to check in two days early. I may be very wrong though, 

Edited by simplelife

I did my checkin Fri night at 8pm for the Oct 13 sailing on Magic, am plat & was able to get 10:30am checkin , however wouldn't let me do muster station etc- also had trouble printing luuggage tags- got 1 done for my friend- bought new color toner, still coming out gold instead of magenta so can I make copies of her luggage tag (in color) & tape my name over hers on the luggage tag(we're in the same cabinhelp please

13 minutes ago, nancy1031 said:

I did my checkin Fri night at 8pm for the Oct 13 sailing on Magic, am plat & was able to get 10:30am checkin , however wouldn't let me do muster station etc- also had trouble printing luuggage tags- got 1 done for my friend- bought new color toner, still coming out gold instead of magenta so can I make copies of her luggage tag (in color) & tape my name over hers on the luggage tag(we're in the same cabinhelp please

You do not complete your muster drill until you're on the ship. As far as the luggage tags are concerned, they do not need to be printed in color. Monochrome is perfectly fine. I got rid of my color printer about 15 years ago.

Just curious for you early boarders! 😇

Since the rooms are not available until 1:30 or so, what do you do during the intervening period after you get on board? I know there is muster drill and eating, but anything else?

1 minute ago, TexasBrit said:

Since the rooms are not available until 1:30 or so, what do you do during the intervening period after you get on board? I know there is muster drill and eating, but anything else?

We typically board early, drop our things off in the cabin, go scan in at muster, then head to grab some lunch. After that, we typically sit around in the atrium and people watch. I love watching new cruisers embark and the "awe" they have. 

12 minutes ago, TexasBrit said:

Explore the ship before it gets full of people.  Find spots that will be nice to sit and relax (indoors and outdoors).  The kids like to get a preview of the kid clubs (they all have open houses). The spa has free raffles you can enter (along with a tour). Pick a cabana if you rent one at HMC.  Anything that you need guest services for before the line gets long (such as extra keys). 

And, most importantly, hunting for ducks.