Noise on deck 4 cabins on the Quest

ak1004

Hello all,

We have just returned from the Quest, and were very impressed!

One small issue was constant noise in our cabin 416. It was like someone was dragging something heavy every few minutes. We were offered to move, but it was to the same deck, and I figured other cabins might have the same issue. It wasn't a big deal.

Now we are going to book a cruise on Sojourn which is a sister ship, and I would like to avoid the issue if possible.

So my question is to people who stayed on deck 4 on the Quest or the Sojourn: have you ever experienced any strange noise in your cabin? trying to understand if this was specific to our cabin 416 or all cabins on deck 4?

My suspicion is that the noise came from carts moving to the service elevator, but I cannot be sure.

image.png.33559df1d8af4eb888d93887f6d294a5.png

Similar - had several suites on deck 4 but always towards the dining room end, and no noise at all; in fact the extra little corridor outside means you don't hear passing people in the main corridor.  Recommend that end if you are choosing.  And that is applies to all  the three smaller ships, in my case.

• Like 1

We previously stayed in 414 on the Quest and had no issues with noise.  In fact, we really enjoyed being on that lower deck.  When we had our "Block Party" it was a blast with a combination of passengers and some entertainers (who were also banished to the lowest passenger deck).  Just off the Encore where we had a high category V4 on Deck 10.  Both DW and I really disliked the high deck, which was not nearly as convenient as the lowest passenger decks.    

Hank

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure we were in 416 on the Sojourn last December and had the same issue.  It sounded like something was unsecured and was rolling around below the cabin occasionally banging sort of loudly.  We raised the issue a couple of times and eventually something must have been done since it stopped.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mcmarya said:

I'm pretty sure we were in 416 on the Sojourn last December and had the same issue.  It sounded like something was unsecured and was rolling around below the cabin occasionally banging sort of loudly.  We raised the issue a couple of times and eventually something must have been done since it stopped.

Well, at least it wasn’t my imagination.. funny, same cabin on two different ships. Will know to avoid this cabin, but the issue seems to be specific to this cabin, which is good.