Jackets and Shoes for Alaska

mj5739

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yea for you!!! It was so exciting when our came. I think I have read all the information over and over!!!! I just booked another excursion. This one just for my husband. I am sending him Salmon sportfishing in Ketchikan. I think he needs to go and have some time away from the inlaws!! :eek: I haven't told him. I am going to surprise him.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tangerine..........any bad weather over there tonight? It is getting really cloudy here. There are some T-storm warnings over here. [/FONT]

[quote name='tangerinebunny']I just have to say it to someone - [B]Our cruise documents came today!:) [/B][/quote]

Lucky you! Congratulations :D It all starts to seem real once we get our docs!

When do you leave? Which ship?

Are ya packing yet?

[quote name='hopelea'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yea for you!!! It was so exciting when our came. I think I have read all the information over and over!!!! I just booked another excursion. This one just for my husband. I am sending him Salmon sportfishing in Ketchikan. I think he needs to go and have some time away from the inlaws!! :eek: I haven't told him. I am going to surprise him.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tangerine..........any bad weather over there tonight? It is getting really cloudy here. There are some T-storm warnings over here. [/FONT][/quote]

Possibly thundertorms but not likely. We Need Rain.

I ordered my last Alaska clothes - now fingers are crossed they fit - both me and the suitcase.

I have a felt need to start packing....maybe my husband's underwear? would he miss it?

Sprinkles here while at the ball field!! Not much rain.

I would love to start packing!! I am about 5 1/2 weeks away from our trip. I stacked clothing in my girls closets today.

Got the confirmation back that my dh is going to go salmon fishing!! He is going to be so surprised!!

[quote name='Scrumpy']Lucky you! Congratulations :D It all starts to seem real once we get our docs!

When do you leave? Which ship?

Are ya packing yet?[/quote]

We leave for Seattle on May 18 and sail on May 19 on the Celebrity Mercury.

I did go through my clothes and hung the 'candidates' together in one closet. I go in and give them a little pat every now and then.

I'm not cruising til the end of July, but I'm already excited.......for those of you going in May and June!!! Can't wait for you all to come back and give us in-depth reviews - including reviews of your clothing selections!!! :D

Libby

[quote name='tangerinebunny']We leave for Seattle on May 18 and sail on May 19 on the Celebrity Mercury.

I did go through my clothes and hung the 'candidates' together in one closet. I go in and give them a little pat every now and then.[/quote]

Let's see; we leave on May 26 for Seattle and cruise May 27, but we'll have the laptop. If you are quick on posting a review, I might get to see it before we go. Are you on a 7 day or a 10-day? Sorry, I can't keep everyone's plans straight. Heck, I can't even keep my own straight!

I love that you give them a little pat. Sounds like what I'll be doing soon. I'm trying to decide about sending things to the dry cleaners or doing it on the ship. Really tempted to do it onboard even though it's horribly lazy!

[quote name='tangerinebunny']We leave for Seattle on May 18 and sail on May 19 on the Celebrity Mercury.

I did go through my clothes and hung the 'candidates' together in one closet. I go in and give them a little pat every now and then.[/quote]

Okay, I just posted about this, but then it magically disappeard, LOL!

ANYWAY, if you post a review fast enough, I might get to see it depending on the length of your trip. I'm sorry, but I can't remember how long you are going to be gone. We cruise on May 27 and if you are on a 7-day and immediately jump on the boards, then we'll get to see it before we board. :)

Patting the candidates is very cute and something I will be doing soon, hopefully!

Hope you have a great time!!!

Oh, in case anyone is interested... I ordered those Rubber Moc Bean Boots. (They will get a lot of wear around here, so I wouldn't order them specifically for the trip!) I wear a 7 1/2 wide and ordered a size 7 wide because I just could not get my head around ordering a size 6. Well...they are HUGE on me. DH is going to try them on and if they work for him, we'll keep them and I'll order another pair for myself. If they don't work, I'll have to try to send them back. Last time this happened, it was a coat. I did "quick return" where they send you the replacement item and credit the return upon receipt. yeah, right... A few years later, I gave the coat to a friend's daughter. I cannot return things in the mail. That's the only bummer about shopping on the Internet...

[quote name='Fergus']I'm not cruising til the end of July, but I'm already excited.......for those of you going in May and June!!! Can't wait for you all to come back and give us in-depth reviews - including reviews of your clothing selections!!! :D

Libby[/quote]

Lucky you! It may be HOT up there in July :) So - what date and which ship, etc? I will probably still be haunting the boards in July and hope that I get to read about your cruise!

It's nice to be excited. I can only handle it for short periods, though:D

I also want to hear how people's clothing selections work out. Just watch, I'll be the idiot with all the wrong stuff even though I live in a similar climate. I get brain freeze when I'm packing and suddenly start throwing all kinds of inappropriate stuff in the suitcase. I have a weekend trip starting Friday and I'll be doing laundry until I leave. No particular reason. I always freak on the laundry before a trip. Shouldn't do it. It gives me WAY too many options.

Have a wonderful time in July and remember all of us who wish we could go right on back up there with ya!

[COLOR=red]Scrumpy, I understand what you mean by freaking on laundry before each trip, unfortunately, I freak on the whole house:eek: . I can't leave the house unless it is spotless!! I just can't bear the thought of coming home and having to clean. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]I'm anxiously waiting for my documents to do the doc dance!! I fly to Seattle on June 9. Can't think about anything except the trip.:) [/COLOR]

Scrumpy, we're on the Spirit NB 7/26. Hope it's not too hot.......most likely it will be in the upper 90's with humidity at 80-90% here when we leave!!!! So ice and mist will be sounding really good!!!

Libby

[quote name='Scrumpy']Oh, in case anyone is interested... I ordered those Rubber Moc Bean Boots. (They will get a lot of wear around here, so I wouldn't order them specifically for the trip!) I wear a 7 1/2 wide and ordered a size 7 wide because I just could not get my head around ordering a size 6. Well...they are HUGE on me. DH is going to try them on and if they work for him, we'll keep them and I'll order another pair for myself. If they don't work, I'll have to try to send them back. Last time this happened, it was a coat. I did "quick return" where they send you the replacement item and credit the return upon receipt. yeah, right... A few years later, I gave the coat to a friend's daughter. I cannot return things in the mail. That's the only bummer about shopping on the Internet...[/quote]
:eek: [B][COLOR=magenta]Oh dear Scrumpy! I am so sorry about the shoes being too big. When I ordered mine several years ago they were pretty much true to size. I do have to wear socks with mine since I have a narrow foot and they are large from a width standpoint, but other than that I ordered my usual size 9. I wonder if they've started making them bigger for some reason??? Again I am sorry..........[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=magenta]Even though we don't leave until July 7th for our departure on the O'dam on the 8th, I think I'm going to start packing! I packed our bags several weeks in advance a couple of years ago for a trip we were going on and it made all the difference in NOT over packing since I had plenty of time when my brain was not going at warp speed, to thoughtfully think out everything we needed to take. My usual MO is to procrastinate until a couple of days before a trip and then I'm just in a "panic packing" mode of "I might NEED this", which ends up with our schlepping around 50% more stuff that never even makes it out of the suitcase![/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]This way................I can add and subtract in a much more organized fashion...............and I can go in and "pat" our suitcases too! Love that! :p [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='emarismom'][COLOR=red]Scrumpy, I understand what you mean by freaking on laundry before each trip, unfortunately, I freak on the whole house:eek: . I can't leave the house unless it is spotless!! I just can't bear the thought of coming home and having to clean. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]I'm anxiously waiting for my documents to do the doc dance!! I fly to Seattle on June 9. Can't think about anything except the trip.:) [/COLOR][/quote]

I am SO glad you said that!!! I freak on the whole house, too. We have to get a housesitter and we are such slobs, then have all the animal-related stuff, too (tracked-in dirt, dog hair, hay, etc.) I always want things nice for whoever stays here because I just *know* everyone else is Martha Stewart in disguise. Our house is never spotless, but it is more presentable right before vacation than any other time:rolleyes:

Hope you get your docs soon! Hey, hope WE get our docs soon, too. We're leaving before you :eek:

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Fergus[/COLOR][/B] - you will love it. I hope it's not too hot. I am partial to a misty day, but we don't get those here.

[B][COLOR="Red"]6ArabianHorses[/COLOR][/B] - oh no, please don't worry about the shoes!!! Basically, I have triangular feet. My heels/ankles are very narrow and the front of my foot is wide. I am not sure whether to get the 6 wide or 6 regular. I can always get inserts, which I often do anyway since my skinny heels slip. Not a big deal. I have a lot of trouble finding shoes that fit. I've left stores with one pair of women's, one of men's, and one of kids'. This is totally normal for me and my goofy feet.

Maybe I should start packing, too. I got a new bag to try and I'm going out of town tomorrow... I got this bag that is supposed to be within the carry-on size limit. It is a lot bigger than my normal carry-on and I do not think it will work.

[COLOR="Magenta"]Question:[/COLOR]Do any of ya'll check your garment bag(s)?[/COLOR] We did last time, but it made me nervous. Just curious...
Thanks!

[quote name='Scrumpy']Oosterdam. R/T from Seattle. Looking forward to every second of it, too. Even muster drill :p[/quote]

[B][COLOR=magenta]I can't wait to hear all about your cruise since this is the ship we will be on July 8th![/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]I'm there too with wanting the house "respectable" for the house police that may show up...........but I also say, "love me, love my critters!" :p But it's so darn hard to get those horses to wipe their hooves before coming in! LOL[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]BTW, go to this link to see one of the cutest/funniest horse videos ever.........it's about "Patches the Horse". Be sure to turn your sound on and watch it the whole way through. [URL="http://gprime.net/video.php/patchesthehorse"]http://gprime.net/video.php/patchesthehorse[/URL][/COLOR][/B]

Patches - And the guys says, 'he answers the phone but he doesn't actually talk.' lol They're three of a kind if you ask me. Did you see how empty their frig was except for beer? lol

I will do a clothes report on May 28. But we know that I'm going to say - layers, layers, layers!

Today I check on my husband's clothes. He insists on bringing some. And I send my new black 'scrunchy' travel suit back to Orvis and wait for a fast return on a smaller size. I used their size chart! But it could have been the other way around, and then I'd really be complaining about needing a larger size. lol

btw, my feet are 'triangles' too. That's a great description, and here I thought they were just weird.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We leave June 1st. I think I'll have to start packing to make sure I have what we need - and all that stuff "we might need". We are doing a 4-day land tour first so we have to make sure we have the right stuff in the right suitcases.[/FONT]

[quote name='6Arabianhorses'][B][COLOR=magenta]I can't wait to hear all about your cruise since this is the ship we will be on July 8th![/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]I'm there too with wanting the house "respectable" for the house police that may show up...........but I also say, "love me, love my critters!" :p But it's so darn hard to get those horses to wipe their hooves before coming in! LOL[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]BTW, go to this link to see one of the cutest/funniest horse videos ever.........it's about "Patches the Horse". Be sure to turn your sound on and watch it the whole way through. [URL="http://gprime.net/video.php/patchesthehorse"]http://gprime.net/video.php/patchesthehorse[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/quote]

I will be sure to post about it! I think it's gonna be GRRRREAT! I'm a teeny bit nervous about the cabin because we got a VA instead of an SS, but we got an aft veranda, so I think it'll be sweet unless the weather is unbelievably horrible - like, oh, a blizzard! I like Zuiderdam a lot and this is basically the same ship with different decor, from what I hear. (Like I notice "decor", LOL)

I'm right there with ya - love us, love our critters. I think the dogs enjoy it when it's a dilemma for me whether or not to shoo them off the couch for company.;) And the horses...sigh...no comment!

Thanks for the link - is that Patches the horse that rides in the convertible and eats cheeseburger? If it is, it is absolutely the cutest thing and those guys are a HOOT! I used to have the link. I'm gonna open it right now because I haven't watched in a while and it is the funniest video. I do have one somewhere of a guy branding a horse and the horse just launching him. That one is an OUCH, but also hilarious. He is in exactly the wrong place and that horse totally nails him - which I would, too, if you stuck a hot branding iron on me, LOL!:eek:

Archived