Port Canaveral

I have cruised several times from Miami and I will be sailing on Mariner for the first time, so it will be my first time leaving from Port Canaveral. What can I expect from this port? Is there a departure lounge for platnum members? And if so, will my gold member travel companions staying in the cabin next door to mine be able to use it with me? How is the parking? How much is it per day? Is it a garage like Miami? Is the pier easy to get to and from?

Sorry for so many questions, I am just very excited!

Anything else anyone has to add would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

we left from port canaveral last month. Actually stayed at the radisson at the port and had a taxi take us to the dock. No one was there and it was about noon. we dropped off luggage and walked right up the escalator to check in. Was on the boat in 15 minutes which included going through security. It was wonderful. There was already quite a few people on the boat at noon, but outside the terminal was basically empty. If you can get there early but no earlier than 11:30 since the cabbies say they don't let you into the terminal area before this.

Port Canaveral is so easy for dropping off bags and parking! There is a parking garage and the cost is $10.00 per day paid up front. The pier very close to parking, so you don't have far to walk. I'm not sure about the departure lounge (I think there is one) becuase we always just walk right up and check in (there is a special platinum line) with maybe about a two minute wait. It is great! I know you will have a wonderful time!! I'll be on Mariner 4/23:D .

No Platinium/Diamond Departure lounge but there is a special check-in line for these categories. Platinium and Diamond also do not get priority boarding. However, the port is very easy and quick to get through so there may be less need for the lounge and pre-boarding. Make sure you do you Set-Sail pass.

We have stayed the night prior to crusing several times at the Radisson. You can park your car and leave it there during your 7 day cruise. There is a shuttle to pick up and drop off. They have a "cruise special" that includes breakfast the next AM for $149, but you don't need it to leave your car there. Just book a regular room for $120/night. If you use them, you pay only about $40 for the room and save the $84 for the parking garage!

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

Happy Cruzin'

Jacquelyn :D

We were there the end of January. We live on the west coast of Florida and drove over. We arrived about 1015, drove thru the gate to pay the parking fee and parked just inside the garage on the ground floor. Parking is $12 a day. We didn't drop off our luggage as it was only about 100 yards or so from where we parked to cross the street to the porters. Tipped him $5 for 2 bags and went inside. There was no lounge for Diamond (we are), so we just waited until they opened the stations between 1100 and 1130. We had the Sea & Sail pass and it took us about 5 minutes from the time the stations opened until we were thru. We then had to wait in line for a few minutes until they were ready for people to board. Overall it was quick and easy.

K2 - There were quite a few folks waiting when they started processing. But, as we're Diamond and also had the Set Sail Pass it took maybe 2 minutes for us to get to a station and less than 2 minutes to be processed. Most of that time was the rep walking to the table to get our cards and back.

All they looked at was our passports and the Set Sail Pass and swiped our credit card.

Huge, beautiful, airy, open, light-filled terminal. Staffed by the NICEST and friendliest people. As others have said, the process is incredibly smooth and fast. I swear that I didn't even have an opportunity to LOOK at my watch to see how fast it went! This is a GREAT port to depart from!

Archived