Person Backing Out

BUGBUG62

one of party backing out What is the policy on one person in a 4PERSON cabin room backing out. We are 37 days for departure. We told them they would not get much if any money back. Can we change the papers to another person? How much on canival? What if we decide not to ask anyone and just not say anything????:confused: I really hate people who can't stick to things:mad:

edit.gif

If you don't say anything and one person doesn't show, three of you sail and one loses his/her money.

If you are outside of your penalty phase, you may be able to get some of the money back...minus the deposit for the non-sailor.

For $50 the name can be changed to someone else who CAN go.

I volunteer!

If you cancel now he loses his deposit and can get the rest back. If you wait til 30 days then you willl lose more.

you can change the name for 50 bucks to do so.

If they cancel you stand a chance to lose your cabin and go to a cabin that only holds 3 people. Depending on how well your sailing is.

Decide soon/

HEY LSU POLICEMAN DID U GIVE ME A TICKET IN THE 80'S - :eek: GOOD FRIEND WORKS FOR FACILITY DEVELOPMENT- JERRY.

HOPE YALL HAVE A GOOD TRIP HERE. ARE U COMING TO THE EGG KNOCKING CONTEST - ONLY IN AVOYELLES. :D

one of party backing out What is the policy on one person in a 4PERSON cabin room backing out. We are 37 days for departure. We told them they would not get much if any money back. Can we change the papers to another person? How much on canival? What if we decide not to ask anyone and just not say anything????:confused: I really hate people who can't stick to things:mad:

edit.gif

How was the cost to be split up? Did you just pool the cost for the four of you and divide it four ways? For example, say the p/p fare for the first two names is $4000 and the p/p fare for the third and fourth names is $500 for a $3000 cabin total. Divvied up among the four of you comes up with a p/p rate of $750.

If that person backs out now and is not replaces the total cabin fare becomes $2500 (2 X $1000 + $500). Divide that three ways (as you're now a triple occupancy booking rather than a quad) and each of you is now responsible for $833. That sucks. From your perspective you'd be better off if the person is never officially cancelled and shoulders the full loss of $750 so the other three don't get burned.

If, when you booked the trip, two of you were to pay $1000 and two of you were to pay $500 then you need to know who was paying what. If the cancelling person was paying the $500 rate then there is no change in anyone else's fare. But if the cancelling person was one of those paying the $1000 then somone's fare is going to change from $500 to $100 -- or the extra $500 will need to be split between the others somehow.

IT'S THE DBF OF THE DD THATS BACKING OUT - :D :D CAN'T SAY I AM ALL THAT UPSET:D :D . HE PAID 300 OF A 600 TICKET. HE WILL LOOSE HIS 300 AND WE WILL OFFER A 7 DAY CRUISE TO NEPHEW FOR 300 AND THE 50 TO CHANGE DOCS. SO ITS A WIN FOR ALL WHO ARE STILL CRUISING. I THINK THE 17 YO WILL FIND SOMEONE TO HANG WITH ON THE SHIP OF ALMOST 3000. WHAT U THINK:eek:

IT'S THE DBF OF THE DD THATS BACKING OUT - :D :D CAN'T SAY I AM ALL THAT UPSET:D :D . HE PAID 300 OF A 600 TICKET. HE WILL LOOSE HIS 300 AND WE WILL OFFER A 7 DAY CRUISE TO NEPHEW FOR 300 AND THE 50 TO CHANGE DOCS. SO ITS A WIN FOR ALL WHO ARE STILL CRUISING. I THINK THE 17 YO WILL FIND SOMEONE TO HANG WITH ON THE SHIP OF ALMOST 3000. WHAT U THINK:eek:

Just checking to see how old you are. Someone in the cabin has to be over 21 to sail, which I am assuming that you all are....... just thought I would throw it out there.

The way I see it if BugBug62 is under 21 with a DD that has a DBF the world is really go to he!! in a handbasket.

You have nothing to lose by telling the 4th person to ask Carnival for their money back, less the penalty. I think you will still be in the same cabin, and your costs will not change. You'll just have a little less competition for the bathroom!

Archived