Help;four Seasons Or Park Hyatt In Sydney

Acrusa

We are arriving for a 5 nite pre cruise in Jan 2007. I want to book the Park Hyatt Oprea view room.My wife wants the 4 seasons suite looking over the oprea house.The price for the 5 nites are about the same.Give or take 100.00. Anyone have a suggestion?

We stayed here for our post cruise a couple of years ago and loved the location and, of course, the view. I thought the bath tub was especially great - very deep. We'd stay here again, especially since walking to the Opera House was so easy, as was the Harbor Bridge and the gardens. Have a incredible stay!

Charlie

I've stayed in both andthey are both excellent.

I've stayed in the Four Seasons more often because usually the Park Hyatt is alot more expensive. So, I'd probably opt for the Park Hyatt because for some reason you're getting a good deal.

Most important is to make sure you have an Opera House View.

I've stayed in both andthey are both excellent.

I've stayed in the Four Seasons more often because usually the Park Hyatt is alot more expensive. So, I'd probably opt for the Park Hyatt because for some reason you're getting a good deal.

Most important is to make sure you have an Opera House View.

Thanks Jane,

Took your advise and booked an Opera House Deluxe room.Don't really know if its a good deal or not, but the rate was from the Hyatt web site.Being from New York also I felt what the heck,Del posto Restaurant cost me the same amount for almsot one nite LOL.

Thanks Jane,

Took your advise and booked an Opera House Deluxe room.Don't really know if its a good deal or not, but the rate was from the Hyatt web site.Being from New York also I felt what the heck,Del posto Restaurant cost me the same amount for almsot one nite LOL.

LOL!!!

I know the chef at Del Posto, so I've been there twice (paid full price) to "show my support". Okay, now I can go back to Lupa! :)

Back to hotels. I love the Four Seasons, but the Hyatt is so much more expensive that if you found a deal for just a little more, grab it.

Have a look at some prior threads for some of my restaurant recommendations. If you've been to Del Posto, you obviously like good food and Australia has the most exciting cuisine in the world today. Don't miss Tetsuya. (need to book in advance). Also go to Rockpools - Neil Perry's first place (he's the darling chef of Sydney). You can walk to Rockpools from your hotel.

Hope you get to visit Melbourne. Even better food than Sydney, IMO.

We are arriving for a 5 nite pre cruise in Jan 2007. I want to book the Park Hyatt Oprea view room.My wife wants the 4 seasons suite looking over the oprea house.The price for the 5 nites are about the same.Give or take 100.00. Anyone have a suggestion?

Hi , from Adelaide, South Australia.Glad you booked Park Hyatt,as I have stayed there pre-cruise several months ago.You can easily walk to the ship if it departs from Circular Quay,about 3 mins.Beautiful view of Opera House,with large sliding doors & small balcony -fresh air!Excellent breakfast,again over looking Opera House & Harbour,doors all opening out from Restaurant onto Promenade surrounding the Harbour.Very interesting area to walk around,as it is in the historic Rocks area.Which ship are you cruising on?Ihave cruised on Sapphire Princess,Star Leo, now {Norwegian Spirit} & Pacific Princess.Am currently in the process of booking QM2,TransAtlantic,Southampton/NewYork,on the 27th August.I arrive in NewYork 2nd Sept.Looking @ staying @Roosevelt Hotel ,on Madison Ave . Very downmarket compared to Park Hyatt, but looks comfy with character,& very central.What part of NewYork are you from?I am trying to read up as much as I can beforehand,as will only have 4 nights there.Can't wait.Leaving husband & 2 teenage boys @ home & holidaying with my cousin.Hope this has helped to confirm your decision of booking Hyatt.Have a beaut time in Sydney.Cheers, Margie.

We are booked on the Standam Holland America.Last year we took the silver wind in South Africa and loved it.When we went to book Australia, SS had the same intierrary in NZ as HAL, but HAL went to Melbourne and Burnie, so we booked with them.

As far as your stay in NY,I think you would be better off at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square or the Waldorf on Park.The reason I say this is,that weekend is Labor day holiday in the states.The Roosevelt is off the beatin track, very far to resturants and sites.Where as the Marriott is in the center of alot of places that would be open on that weekend.

It is a very quiet weekend the end of our summer.Any other ? just ask.

I think that JANE would also agree with me.

Last Saturday the wife and I dropped into Country.In The Carlton Hotel on 29th And Madison.Took them 25 yrs to renavate .We ate downstairs the food was Fantasic and so where the desserts.Very livley crowd nice to watch.Put it on your list.The chef is the same guy who owns Town.

We are booked on the Standam Holland America.Last year we took the silver wind in South Africa and loved it.When we went to book Australia, SS had the same intierrary in NZ as HAL, but HAL went to Melbourne and Burnie, so we booked with them.

Glad to hear you're getting to Melbourne. That' my favorite Oz city. I hope you'll be there overnight. If so, have dinner at MoMo's! Many will recommend Ezard at Adelphi which is also excellent, but I like Momo's better. The new hot place in town is Vue Du Monde. I've not been there but my Aussie friends tell me it's snooty. Snooty and Aussie are pretty much an oxymoron, so it's a place I'm staying away from. I can find snooty here.....don't need to travel round the world for it! LOL!

Will you get to Adelaide and Kangeroo Island? It's wonderful.

As far as your stay in NY,I think you would be better off at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square or the Waldorf on Park.The reason I say this is,that weekend is Labor day holiday in the states.The Roosevelt is off the beatin track, very far to resturants and sites.Where as the Marriott is in the center of alot of places that would be open on that weekend.

It is a very quiet weekend the end of our summer.Any other ? just ask.

I think that JANE would also agree with me.

Other an Labor Day being a very quiet weekend here in NY, I disagree with the Marriott Marquis being a better choice than the Roosevelt Hotel in terms of location.

I hate the Times Square area and unless people are going to the theatre every night, it's not any more convenient than any other area. The Roosevelt is on 45th and Madison Ave and Grand Central Station is nearby with all those subway lines. Then there are the crosstown buses on 42nd, 49th and 50th Streets. From the Roosevelt, it's an easy walk to Rockefeller Ctr, St. Patricks, etc.

In terms of going downtown to Soho, Tribeca, etc, both areas are equally as far away.

So we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. :)

BTW, queried DH on your two Syd hotels and he says he likes Four Seasons better because of location. So the bottom line is, both are great and you can't go wrong either way.

Thanks for the recommendation on Town. I'll check it out. We live in Murray Hill, so it's within walking distance for us. What neighborhood do you live in? I've always been a "Chelsea Girl" and DH a West Villager (not to be confused w/ one of the Village people!!!) but have lived in boring Murray Hill for about 8 years. <yawn>

AdelaideAussie - look through some of the NYC restaurant threads here to get some recommendations. As Acrusa said, it's a very quiet weekend here and some places might be closed. But not very many and reservations will be easy to get. Feel free to ask questions. I'm sure that between me and Acrusa, you won't have a bad meal here. BTW, I have good friends in Adelaide (in Stirling) and we ate a great place called Red Something.....Red Ochre? Red Center? Don't recall, but it was just great.

We live on the Island,Five towns area,not the snooty part lol.I drive through the mid town tunnel every day ,so I'll wave to you next time.My bussiness is in the Magic triangle( Chelsea ,Flatiron, Madison Square Park) area.As far as the Roosevelt hotel goes,to me its in a commercial area really dead on the weekends,and the lobby being on 45th not Madison I think is a draw back.Just thought the Times square area would be more lively. To tell you the truth I haven't been there since they tore down the clock at the Astore Hotel LOL.

Acrusa,

Ya' know, I was born and raised in NYC and never heard the term "5 towns" until about 7 years ago. I must have been living under a rock!

I'm not all that familiar w/ Lawn Giland other than going to a couple of area's where friends live. Yes, wave to me as you exit the tunnel, you'll pass my window so please don't honk! LOL!

Til I moved to boring Murray Hill, I lived on 20th and 7th for 100 years. <g> (B4 that was on 21st btw 9th & 10th) Talk about change!!! It's still my favorite nabe and know most of the food places there and in the magic triangle. Have you tried Barbounia yet? Seems like it might be very overpriced for what it it.

You're going to love Australia. It's a great country with the most exciting cuisine in the world. When I get "lonely" for some Aussie food, I head to Eight Mile Creek in NoLita. Not nearly as good as in Oz, but a nice spot.

I'm not a great fan of Greek food.Though it mostly Mediteranian ,but the price,s,FA GEt A BOT IT. Almost time for our annual trip to Gascogne for our pre theatre dinner in the garden.NOw thats a deal!

I'm not a great fan of Greek food.Though it mostly Mediteranian ,but the price,s,FA GEt A BOT IT. Almost time for our annual trip to Gascogne for our pre theatre dinner in the garden.NOw thats a deal!

Love Gasgone....especially when the summer garden is open.

Just fund out that Del Posto is now serving lunch a few days a week.

Archived