What is your favorite Dessert that Princess Makes

parkerlisa

Ok all you past Princess Cruisers Please give a helping hand to one whos waiting LONGINGLY for their 1st.

I know what Ice cream, Creme Brulee, Souffle and Sorbet are and a few others and thanks to AlainR I now know what what a Love Boat Dream is ( DRIBBLE DRIBBLE) but can someone please tell me or preferably show me what Swans on The Pond and Banana Foster are please.

I just knew by the title I shouldnt have read this got to go and dry my key board now :D

Baked Alaska. I love it so much I learned how to make various flavors on my own - at home! My best was coconut lime baked alaska (it had rum in it and I had to be careful flaming the merengue)!

On the ship it is called the "Bombe Diplomat"!

Ok all you past Princess Cruisers Please give a helping hand to one whos waiting LONGINGLY for their 1st.

I know what Ice cream, Creme Brulee, Souffle and Sorbet are and a few others and thanks to AlainR I now know what what a Love Boat Dream is ( DRIBBLE DRIBBLE) but can someone please tell me or preferably show me what Swans on The Pond and Banana Foster are please.

I just knew by the title I shouldnt have read this got to go and dry my key board now :D

I have pictures of the swans which I can email if you give me address.

I was on Sea Princess May 2005 and Feb 2006 and although the souffle looks amazing, I always found them a bit tasteless, much the same for the sorbet, but the Cheesecake...ahhh the cheesecake, on the "always available" menu..delicious, light and divine!!!...sailing on MSC Sinfonia in 6 days, can their food be as good?????

There are some nice desserts in Horizon but not the fancy ones with the nice presentation that you get in the DR. And no ice cream except 3-4 in the afternoons. The desserts in Horizon were mainly finger foods, as I remember.

I am OUTRAGED and DISGUSTED by all of you! That's right, every single one of you, but the kind poster who had the photo. If you're going to talk dirty at least post the photos to go with it!!! LOL!!

I am now on a chocolate hunt because of this thread and I think all we have in the house is an Easter Bunny behind no one will eat. Not exactly on par with what was posted here.

Oh Banana's Foster is the EASIEST thing in the world to make. Seriously.

Firm, almost green bananas 1/2 for each person. (Pardon the no amount thing. I do it from memory).

1/2 cup good rum (I like DARK)

1/2 Cup Banana Liquer (You can skip this if you don't have it and double the rum).

1/2 packed brown sugar.

1/4 stick butter (what, you didn't think this was low fat did you?)

Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the brown sugar and stir until melted. DO NOT cook on too high a heat. Burned sugar is only good on Creme Brulee. Add the bananas and cook and stir for two minutes.

TURN OFF THE FLAME UNDER THE PAN! Super important. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. I am not responsible if you don't.

Pour the booze in. Light with a match. Make sure your hair is out of your face. It will glow beautifully and not flame up around your head, unless you forgot the turning off the heat thing.

Serve warm over good ice cream. I mean that part. No sense in making it if you aren't going to have amazing ice cream.

Now that you have this down do the same thing with peaches and peach schnapps this summer. It's amazing.

Oh my poor key board I will have to invest in one of those new washable / coffee / DRIBBLE :eek: proof ones

Thanks for the Photo Judy now i will have to try making them my DH and grandsons all said they look jummy can we have them after dinner :D

Thats kids for you big and small :D :D

Sorry but can't remember which night it was but last week we stopped in the Cafe Caribe on the Caribbean Princess after the show in the Princess Theater and they had 4 or 5 different flavored cheesecakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo good! Also, their cookies are about 4-5 inches in diameter, 3/4 of an inch thick. So good with coffee for late night snacking. Some nights they had chocolate covered strawberries in the Horizon Court. People were being a little piggish and taking whole platefuls. Try the fruit tarts in the Horizon Court as they are also delish.

Thanks Judy and Dessert Nurse just what I needed on a cold wet saturday afternoon. Now I am going to raid the fridge.

Cheated with the Swans I made a sponge and cut out the shapes sandwiched them with icecream and whipped cream and sat them in strawberry sauce :D they went down well and seeing as we haven't had the originals yet we had nothing to compare them too :rolleyes: ;)

But still looking forward to October

Cheated with the Swans I made a sponge and cut out the shapes sandwiched them with icecream and whipped cream and sat them in strawberry sauce :D they went down well and seeing as we haven't had the originals yet we had nothing to compare them too :rolleyes: ;)

But still looking forward to October

The real thing is something like a cream puff but shaped like a swan and filled with what looked like a custard of some sort or maybe whipped cream. It is a beautiful dessert! Your version sounds pretty good too. :)

When I was on the Sapphire last year, up at the buffet..they made these little tarts. It was a small cup filled with a vanilla filling and then fresh fruit & glazed on top!

I have to admit, one day I ate 3 of them! :eek: :cool:

They were addicting. :D

Since it was a 20+ day cruise, my sister and I made friends with one of the head chefs. We BEGGED him to make us rice krispy treats. Since he was from another country, he admitted to us that he didn't know how to make them. He said if we gave him the recipe, he would make them. Two days later, we had about 20 rice krispy treats in a large egg shape given to us. LOL! :D We laughed since he shaped them.

Since we had befriended a couple of the staffers who were from the US, we made our deliveries throughout the ship. They all just about died, since they hadn't had them in MONTHS. Oh they were so good. :p All of us cleaned the plate within an hour. LOL!!!

Archived