Freedom D1 cabin Warning!!

I just went through this this weekend. I booked a D1 on Deck 9 of the Liberty. The deck plans do show the hump D1s with a sofa bed. However, I was not able to book with 3 for that cabin. I wound up calling RCL and they indicated that the online deck plans are incorrect. I am about 6 cabins down from the hump in a room that can accomodate 3.

I just went through this this weekend. I booked a D1 on Deck 9 of the Liberty. The deck plans do show the hump D1s with a sofa bed. However, I was not able to book with 3 for that cabin. I wound up calling RCL and they indicated that the online deck plans are incorrect. I am about 6 cabins down from the hump in a room that can accomodate 3.

What number? My TA asked about 9342, 9640, 9614, 9612 since I know the occupants and was told none of those hold 3, that all we need is 3 not 4 :( Just curious if it's one of those.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Cabin 9618

Interesting, I honestly didn't argue the fact but my TA was told the first cabin to the hump that holds 3 or more was 9602 (also a connecting cabin) and ask if I wanted to be wait listed for it. Guess I didn't ask about yours since no one from the Cruise Critic group was in that cabin on our sailing.

If my parents and sister (both 1st time cruisers) weren't going I would cancel and feel really trapped right now. :mad: What really worries me is how this sailing is sold out.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Dawna,

Don't get in a panic just yet. I am sure cabins will open up after final payment is due, and they will have a better handle on what cabins hold more than two.

On the inaugural, cabins opened up like crazy...but that may have had to do with the novelty of booking the first sailing. Figure out what sailings have final payment due last Sunday or in Sunday's to come, and watch to see how cabins open up. It will hopefully alleviate some of your concerns.

Thankfully, you DIDN"T find this out as you were boarding the ship, so you have time to let this work out to a good result.

Sending you good mojo!

Tracy

According to my TA it's official in the system that 9340 as well as the other 3 mid hump cabins only holds 2 :( Now I just need wait until we get closer to final payment 7/7 to see if we can get moved back toward the middle somewhere. This sailing is sold out so crossing my fingers.

BonVoyage

Dawna

ok so can anyone confirm if the D1's on the Hump have or dont have a Sofa???

I know based on these posts the dont have a sofa bed...but I also read a post here that said they did not have a Sofa at all???

The E2's which are smaller do so I would assume they have a sofa, just not a sleeper sofa.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all are not alone. I received an e-mail Friday morning with a copy of my reservation, but no explanation why they sent the message to me. I never thought to check the cabin number. That afternoon I had a message on my answering machine from RCL that there was a problem with my cabin and they had to move us.

As luck would have it, it is a holiday weekend, so nothing can be done until next week. We were also booked in a hump cabin, which we booked ON BOARD the Radiance 3/05! We also discussed our reservation while onboard the Explorer 3/06! While I was on hold with RCL Friday, the on line deck plans still stated that two of the hump cabins on each side hold 3 passengers.

I was told that these decisions are governed by Coast Guard regulations, and there is nothing they can do. I tried to get them to change sofa beds that week with a cabin that does not need a sleeper, but the Coast Guard doesn't allow that. We have been moved to the very back of the ship!!!!!!!! I know all sailings are filling up. I think that we are in a horrible position as we are sailing Thanksgiving week!

BTW, many ships have bubble cabins that hold three guests. We have stayed in many of them, and have one booked on the Jewel for 3/07.

Thankfully one of the CC guests on my sailing posted this link for me. I'll keep you posted.

It really stinks huh!! Wow Thanksgiving week is pricey too. I got the same coast guard regulations speech too. Our sailing is still sold out but final payment isn't until around July 7th. My TA swears she is checking everyday for something to open. I know I am checking at least 3 times a day too. Sad thing is if you look cabins with more then 2 capacity are few and far between unless your in an upper suite or inside. Also looking at deck plans even now is like looking at the Enquirer, not fact but fiction so who knows what cabin holds what. Good Luck! We need it. Were still 4th balcony from the front, grrrr.

BonVoyage

Dawna

So the two corner afts deck 10 won't hold three? I was hoping to book either one of these when the new rates come out tomorrow.

I was told my mt TA that these will hold 4 ppl. I was looking at booking it for next summer.

Not sure about 1700 or 1400. Only time will tell. I did sit and go week by week to see what would pop up with 3 in a cabin. Never saw them but that really means nothing. Those are highly desirable cabins and one is lucky to snatch one up. If your prepared to book tomorrow call, they won't let you book in it if it won't hold 4, they know which ones will and won't now.

Note: Deck 7 appears to have no changes on D1 cabin capacity. In my searches they are still letting 3 book in all the cabins that are shown to hold more then 2 in the D1's.

Can't wait to start getting feedback once the ship starts sailing. If I wasn't so cruise obsessed I would have had no clue they moved my cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Darn it all to heck. This morning I saw 1618 pop up so held it online and called the TA. Nope they won't let 3 in that one either even though Royal's site let us book and it indicates 4 can occupy the cabin. My TA said she also has someone on the 6/25 sailing that is having to pay current rates to move around since they were also kicked out of their D1 cabin for having 3 people even though it show it holds 4. This just isn't right.

Now sitting in 9374 but afraid that one won't hold 3 either and I get moved again. This is a family type ship but I can't seem to get a balcony for 3 even though I booked 19 months out!!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

:o I WAS TOLD BY ROYAL CARRIBBEAN THAT IT IS NOT THAT THEY WON'T ACCOMIDATE MORE THAN 2 IT IS THEY HAVE PUT HOLD ON MULTIPLES IN CABINS TO KEEP THE TOTALS DOWN IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY BOOKED A ROOM WITH THREE THEN FOR THE FIRST FEW CRUISES YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ADD.

We booked our FOS 8/27/06 cruise in Oct 2005 and choose a CAT D1 bump cabin #9342, for 4 on deck 9

We've since changed the reservation to 3 paxs with our T/A, but haven't gotten a new invoice since we made the change one month ago on May 6th

Just looked at my reservation on RCL's website and sure enough, we now have a Cat D1 cabin on deck 10, #1692, the last D1 cabin all the way aft, port side.

I heard RCL was only limiting full capacity for the first month, this cruise is almost 3 months away and wonder if, as posted, only a handfull of cat D1 cabins can hold more than 2 paxs?

What concerns me more about being all the way aft is that the deck plans shows a Cat F (Large Ocean View Stateroom without balcony) behind us, yet that cabin sticks out, and I'm wondering if that will obstruct the view from our balcony?

I've just left a msg for our T/A to call about above.

We have till 6/18 to make final payment, wonder what my options are to try and re-located of we decide to...probably nill

I'm calling RCI to see if this cabin has a obstructed view.

BTW, do the D1 hump cabins have a bigger balcony and/or cabin size?

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

:( We also book a room on deck 9 cabin 9342 and last week I just happened to check our reservations online and noticed our cabin was moved to deck 8 aft ... I called Crown and Anchor got a very RUDE person and was told that cabin didn't hold 3 people. An according to the contact they can move us anytime they want without Notice. I was very upset told him I booked months in advanced for that cabin. I asked how come we were never notified he said they don't have to. I called back talked to someone else and got a better room in the middle of the ship.. but not to happy it's on deck 6. We are going Dec. 24, and they are all sold out already. So if we want to go on the Freedom we had to take that cabin.. I also called back later I said I wanted to book for Dec. 2007 asked for the same cabin and asked if it would hold 3 people. I was told yes. I asked to talk to a manager and they had NO IDEA that the room didn't hold 3 people. They still show that the room holds 3. I am not sure what is happening at Royal.

I called Crown and Anchor and spoke with Opie.

He didn't know why we were moved and put me on hold and when he came back, still didn't know.

He asked that I have my T/A call RCI tomorrow since the booking was through her.

We both suspect 1 of 3 things:

1: Only a few of the D1 bump cabins hold more than two paxs, 2: RCI is limiting capacity (but find that hard to believe almost 3 months out from their maiden voyage), or 3: changing our reservation from 4 to 3, promoted the change.

Regarding that CAT F cabin #1694 sticking out and possbily obstructing our cabin #1692's balcony view, at first he could only bring up info on it's connecting cabin #1690, then reported his computer showed cabin #1692 had no obstructed view and cabin #1694 outside wall is flush to the hull like our balcony (huh????)

He also reported all D1 cabins (except aft) have the same size cabin and balcony space when comparing bump and non-bump cat D1s.

I've since left a voicemail and sent a email to my T/A to clarify the reason behind the move and confirm no obstructed view.

We're now sitting on the fence (ok, the bump or hump...LOL) figuring out if we actually like our new location.

I've kinda like the aft cabin location due to less foot traffic and also being able to seeing the wake of the ship, and my kids like the fact they are now just one deck down from the pools and Windjammer Cafe, but are already complaining of the long walk to the stairs and elevators (its exercise I told them)

But, now I still wonder about the obstructed view and how much noise we'll hear, being below the Windjammer Cafe and hope the engine noises and vibrations won't be too bad, and I'm not sure if I can trust Opie's information.

I'm glad I found this out before final payment is due and not during checkin.

-MACE-

She isnt the only one that that has happened to.

My buddy just call a call from his TA stating that RCI made an error with the deck plans and that his room that he has had reserved since the Freedom was available to CA members to book, will not accomadate 3 people.

He had booked a balcony room on the 10th deck, and was one of the first people to sign up for the ship.

It wouldnt be so bad if they brought this up after he booked, but its 3 months till cruise time, airfare and hotel was done booked, and the ship is full.

He tried to call RCI about it, and the RCI on the line wouldnt even let him talk to a supervisor about it and was very rude!

The only compensation they offer is $75 onboard credit, which is unacceptable.

He is now cabinless and is out $700 of airfare money.

This is very poor customer service.

:o I WAS TOLD BY ROYAL CARRIBBEAN THAT IT IS NOT THAT THEY WON'T ACCOMIDATE MORE THAN 2 IT IS THEY HAVE PUT HOLD ON MULTIPLES IN CABINS TO KEEP THE TOTALS DOWN IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY BOOKED A ROOM WITH THREE THEN FOR THE FIRST FEW CRUISES YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO ADD.

This isn't the case. We all had original bookings with 3 people and got kicked out of our cabins over a year later. No need to yell. :)

Mlarkin!! Are you still on our cruise? Yesterday there were a couple cabins that are suppose to hold 3. Don't give up yet. email me!

Confirmed can't hold 3 cabins now are.

1618, 9340, 9342, 9640, 9642, 9614, 9606

All of which indicate they can accommodate 4 on the deck plans.

BonVoyage

Dawna

:( We also book a room on deck 9 cabin 9342 and last week I just happened to check our reservations online and noticed our cabin was moved to deck 8 aft ... I called Crown and Anchor got a very RUDE person and was told that cabin didn't hold 3 people. An according to the contact they can move us anytime they want without Notice. I was very upset told him I booked months in advanced for that cabin. I asked how come we were never notified he said they don't have to. I called back talked to someone else and got a better room in the middle of the ship.. but not to happy it's on deck 6. We are going Dec. 24, and they are all sold out already. So if we want to go on the Freedom we had to take that cabin.. I also called back later I said I wanted to book for Dec. 2007 asked for the same cabin and asked if it would hold 3 people. I was told yes. I asked to talk to a manager and they had NO IDEA that the room didn't hold 3 people. They still show that the room holds 3. I am not sure what is happening at Royal.

I was advised by the supervisor to ask for Customer Service instead of talking with reservations or Crown & Anchor. He was ashamed of what information I was being given by the Crown & Anchor agent. I ended up speaking to 2 incredible sympathetic and understanding people last night and feel like Royal is trying to step up to the plate for us. We will see what happens.

BonVoyage

Dawna

When I called the other day to book my Serenade Alaska cruise, I was running into something sort of similar. The RCCL agent kept trying to offer rooms that were connecting. I told her I didn't want rooms that were connecting. She kept telling me that on the plans she had in front of her, they were NOT connecting rooms. But on the RCCL web site, they WERE showing as connecting rooms. Also, they offered a hump cabin to me that she said slept 3 people. But on the RCCL web site deck plans it clearly did NOT show any indication (asterisk, triangle, diamond, etc.) of an extra bed in that cabin. And these weren't D1 cabins, they were E3, E2 & E1 cabins. So sounds like either they posted incorrect deck plans on the web site, or the RCCL reps have the wrong deck plans. Very strange... She eventually booked us in cabin 8088 on the hump, which on the RCCL web site shows a pullman for the 3rd bed. But she swore up & down that there is also a sofa bed in this cabin. I actually told her to hold on & then pulled up Cruise Critic & did a search of this cabin. She was right! Someone posted that they stayed in that cabin and there WAS a sofa bed along with the pullman, even though the web site just shows a pullman.

Yeah,

I'm still going along with my family,

but they royally screwed my buddie's family from going.

It didnt affect my family, we are staying in two seperate promanade rooms.

When I called the other day to book my Serenade Alaska cruise, I was running into something sort of similar. The RCCL agent kept trying to offer rooms that were connecting. I told her I didn't want rooms that were connecting. She kept telling me that on the plans she had in front of her, they were NOT connecting rooms. But on the RCCL web site, they WERE showing as connecting rooms. Also, they offered a hump cabin to me that she said slept 3 people. But on the RCCL web site deck plans it clearly did NOT show any indication (asterisk, triangle, diamond, etc.) of an extra bed in that cabin. And these weren't D1 cabins, they were E3, E2 & E1 cabins. So sounds like either they posted incorrect deck plans on the web site, or the RCCL reps have the wrong deck plans. Very strange... She eventually booked us in cabin 8088 on the hump, which on the RCCL web site shows a pullman for the 3rd bed. But she swore up & down that there is also a sofa bed in this cabin. I actually told her to hold on & then pulled up Cruise Critic & did a search of this cabin. She was right! Someone posted that they stayed in that cabin and there WAS a sofa bed along with the pullman, even though the web site just shows a pullman.

I actually stayed in 8088 on the Radiance. The sofa is a bed but its one of the futon types. The pullman is directly above the main bed. Great cabin for 2 adults and 1 child. Balcony is HUGE. Great location too, love the hump!

BonVoyage

Dawna

I have to ask what is a hump cabin? Never heard the term before.

Easy way to say it is the Voyager & Radiance class ships have love handles, the cabins on the hump stick out a bit further. The Radiance class has a few with HUGE balconies because of its layout. The Voyager class don't but if you on the tip of the hump like we were you can see front to back on the ship. If you not on the hump you tend to see the hump not the length of the ship.

Mlarkin (Matt) meet K1200S (Pete & Sandy) - Your both cruising with me. mlarkin has just not been posting lately but was one of our original posters back in 3/2005 :eek: hehe Also have more from Tennessee going, you know Amber & Mike?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived