Freedom D1 cabin Warning!!

FitzLA - You are right - I quoted the junior suite instead of the D1 - I have so much paperwork everywhere and notes flying around in the midst of booking - I glanced at the wrong one when I typed the message. I know what you are saying - but try talking to one of those RCCL agents - they can be quite vicious about it and are adamant that the balconies are 42 or 45 sf (I have been told each by different ones) for example and they absolutely insist that the RCCL website and the travel agent's guide are incorrect and that their information is correct, so it is very confusing. But I like your idea better because they are bigger!!! Princess tells you the square footage of each cabin and each balcony if you want to know - they are very helpful compared to RCCL in my experience. I wish RCCL told you everything. Anyway - we will have to take a measuring tape with us and take a photo and send it to head office - tee hee. Thanks for your help.

Canuck

Tell me about it. I just got 2 different answers from 2 different people about another situation within 5 minutes of each other. They are worthless. But I can, however, assure you that the balconies are quite a bit larger than the other ships. I am very much looking forward to our cruise on Freedom, as I know you are. Hope you have a wonderful time!:D

FitzLA - I actually had one rep hang up on me!! II was trying to explain about the discrepancy in the cabin sizes and she just repeated over and over again that all D1's were 40 sq. ft. and it was becoming unbearable to listen to - so I asked to speak to someone else who might possibly know the answer and she just hung up. It was unbelievable. Let's hope the staff on the ship are much nicer than that lady! Enjoy your cruise.

Can anyone help Smoky Mtn Man?
He's happy now, still in the same cabin but he was able to get them to give him more then the $75 originally offered. He is posting on our thread now, come join us again soon. mlarkin meet Amber, Amber meet Matt, hehe were all sailing together!! Smokey Mtn Man is his Uncle I believe.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hey Amber,

Nice to meet you.

No, Smoky Mtn Man isnt my uncle, thats just his nickname.

RCI ended up giving him $300 on board credit , so thats pretty good.

We are all excited about going.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed a few days ago when we were booking for next summer that RCI still hasn't corrected the on-line deck plans for the Liberty. All the D1 hump cabins show a triangle on the deck plans, but they aren't available to book for more than 2 people. Seems like this is something they could correct pretty easily, especially now that the Freedom is in service.

CruisinDawn...

I'm hoping you are subscribed to this thread so you will see my post.....

I sent you an email about a little over a week ago regarding the cruise compasses you asked me to pick up for you, but I haven't heard from you. I'm thinking it may have gone into your spam/junk mail. You might want to check. It will be from Mszkitty @ aol.com.

• 5 months later...
Anyone been in 1618? Looking to possibly book it. Any thing good or bad to be said? Only two of us.

If I were you, I would start a new thread with your question since the last post on this thread was July 8th. You might not get much attention in here.

• 1 year later...
My thought exactly and just finished writing a letter to Royal about the very thing. You don't build a house not knowing where your going to put the dishwasher, you have plans & drawings!

BonVoyage

Dawna

I've got a similar situation. I am booked on Freedom for April 20th...and it is almost completely full. I called months ago and tried to get a balcony. It was not available. I was waitlisted for an E2 cabin by the C&A rep. She told me to keep calling every couple of days to see if I got it since my TA is an *****. Anyway, last night when I called to check, another representative said "I don't remember seeing any quads in an E2 category" She kept checking and looked at sailings in late 2009. No cabins showed up as E2 quads. So, she changed my waitlist to an E1. I have literally called at least 40 times to check on the availability. You would think someone would have noticed it all this time. Boy am I annoyed. I could have had a cabin. Now, the prices are sky high and the rooms are almost all gone!:mad:

Similar situation as many of you. I booked a quad last August. A couple of months later I tried to upgrade to a balcony. I was first told E1 had a partial obstruction and I should book an E2. I was told this by an C & A rep. I was also told to call every couple of days to check if one opened up since my travel agent is an *****. Anyway, yesterday I called up to check on availability and the C & A agent I spoke with told me that she didn't think there were any E2 quads on the Freedom! She checked and checked different sailings into late 2009. It seems she is right. So, I waitlisted all this time and there was no balcony E2!

Now, I am waitlisted for an E1, but the ship is almost full. Chances are slim. Boy am I annoyed. You would think that someone would have noticed this in one of the 40 conversations I had with them!

Not sure and not sure who to believe either. Some D1's do hold 3, only two I know of from my hour long conservation this morning is 9602 & 9526. Problem is most, not all but most d1's indicate they have a sofa bed. We booked online so it should have rejected the booking but at the same time the deckplans still show it has a sofa bed. Cruiseline did say 9340, 9342, 9640, 9642, 9614, 9606 can't hold 3 even though the system lets you book them with 3 and the deck plans show a sofa bed.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I am looking at the deck plan right now: 9340 does NOT have a triangle - so no sofa bed.

Funny this old thread popped up like that! Just wanted to let everyone know that those corner afts mentioned above on Voyager class ships, (1688 & 1388) do hold up to 4 people. There is a large sofa bed. You may not be able to tell from the pics of cabins if the sofa is a sofa bed or not because they fold open differently than sofa beds in hotels.

1688 & 1388 are great cabins! JS size without the bathtub or walk-in closet and balcony 4 or 5 times the size of a normal D1. (Three loungers & 3 chairs and table with loads of room to spare. We had 6 people eat breakfast out there!)

Archived