Freedom D1 cabin Warning!!

So is everyone getting an onboard credit or only IF you ask? Our sons' rooms were changed w/out us being notified and nothing was offered to us. Now I think I'm going to ask for one too!

I didn't ask but was offered it while on the phone with customer service. Does he not like his new cabin location? Actually sometimes they move you to a better place. I assume someone that booked late in the game from the cabin they originally moved me to got moved to center hump. Know what I mean. If your mad complain and see what happens. Most of us on this thread are mad because we booked specific cabins about 19 months prior to the cruise for a reason.

Anyone know if customer service is open on Saturdays? Had tried to snatch up a hold on a JS for 3 but hit the wrong button and lost it. It then popped up on travelocity so now I am waiting for it to hit Royal again. Wish me luck.

mlarkin: How many in his party? Couple of JS popped up this morning but gone now. I have a hold on 2 now, keeping them until I talk with customer service. One holds 3 the other only holds 2.

BonVoyage

Dawna

CruisinDawn

Just got the new brochure today-Worldwide January 2007-March 2008....and had a look at the deckplans...and the D1 you had ..is not now showing as having a sofa bed...mmmm...how strange....I cant find a cabin anywhere with the sofa bed sign on these deck plans.:eek: :confused:

Off to see if I can find a magnifying glass....I have good eyesight...but geez these deck plans are hard on the eyes.

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

CruisinDawn

Just got the new brochure today-Worldwide January 2007-March 2008....and had a look at the deckplans...and the D1 you had ..is not now showing as having a sofa bed...mmmm...how strange....I cant find a cabin anywhere with the sofa bed sign on these deck plans.:eek: :confused:

Off to see if I can find a magnifying glass....I have good eyesight...but geez these deck plans are hard on the eyes.

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

They are slowly but surely deleting a few of the D1's into cabins for 2. Liberty still showed it could hold 4 last I looked. Just so odd that they build this ship for a family atmosphere then the cabins don't accommodate families? :confused: Were just a husband & wife with a small 12 year old. :D Look at the plans deck by deck and finding cabins that hold more then 2 looks somewhat odd. Oceanview & Insides offer a few but then there is a gap until you get to the big suites. (JS not included) Just weird.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We too had booked almost a year in advance and our son's room were just changed in April...without telling us at all! They first moved them 2 decks above us and after I called and complained, they moved them back to Deck 8 w/ us but 7 cabins ahead instead of right across from us. I think I will ask for an onboard credit and see what they say. We booked a year in advance and wanted our kids to be directly across from us.

Well I am happy to say that Royal Caribbean came through with making me a happy camper. My rep had told me last week to grab a JS if it came available and she would bump us up. I wasn't a firm believer until I called this morning and she moved us no questions asked into an aft JS for 3 I saw pop up this weekend. Cudos to Royal Caribbean for keeping me happy & loyal.

I hope all of you come out of this with good results too. Know it's tough on these sold out sailings, just don't give up. Be persistent and calm. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

At least somebody came out ahead.

My friend tried calling Customer Service Saturday, but they werent going to budge.

No JS or anything.

Email me, the people he needs to talk with don't work on Saturdays. I will keep an eye out for him. cruisindawn@msn.com

You need to catch up on our M&M board, you need to get your Mardi Gras beads for the sail away and T-shirts are about ready. We have a cabin crawl planned, quest team forming, muster pictures in the works. Come by sometime.

Just looked a GS is open but that might be pushing it but with his troubles so far who knows?

BonVoyage Dawna

RCI and my T/A came through, just found out today we got upgraded to a JS, cabin #9594, mid-ship, port side

We got bumped from hump cabin 9342 to 1692 all the way aft, to the Junior Suite. Our 10 year old daughter is just thrilled!

Thanks to all for you feedback and advice, especially Dawna.

-MACE-

Hey all,

Just got off the phone with my friend.

He tried calling RCI again today, but only to get the same answer.

Tried to call the lady Dawna recommended but wasnt in.

He has offically threw in the towel and has booked Carnival instead.

Got an excellent rate and the Junior Suite that he deserved.

He is also going switch TA's as well.

Thanks for trying guys, guess everyone cant have a happy ending.

Need help FAST! Have to book on the Freedom ASAP! Never been in a "hump" balcony before. We are obsesssed with balconies and gotta have the biggest one for the cheapest money -lol. First of all - are the hump ones actually bigger than a regular D1 for sure? Looking at two of us only (so no 3 person issue here) and only 9632, 9640 and 9642 are available. 9632 is showing connecting doors with a Junior Suite, so that might not be a good idea in case they move us out for a family who wants to be next to each other. Which is the best cabin with the largest balcony (as RCCL keeps telling me they are all the same and I know they are not). Also, in these humps - can you still see straight down to the water? We are going to be doing a back to back and want the best cabin possible (can't afford the Junior Suite as it is $1700 more). There are no afts or corner afts available. Any advice would be appreciated as I have to book right away or I will lose it!! Thanks!

Canuck

Tracy - Thanks! We booked 9640 - which is pretty well dead centre and I did get a RCCL rep to reveal that they are larger than the regular D1 balconies. Yippee!! We're going on the Freedom! Can hardly wait!!!

Canuck

I wouldn't count on it being any bigger. This is a Voyager class ship not Radiance class. 9640 is good for the view, not balcony size.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Did anybody have DI 1610 on the freedom of the seas.

I have this cabin booked for Liberty in aug 07 for 4 of us ....

I need to know if it does hold 4.

Haven't heard anything on 1610, 1618 didn't hold 3. Know that first hand. System let me book that one then they moved me again when they realized it too didn't hold 3.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I have 1610 booked on the the Liberty of the seas it says it is quad can any one confrim this.Please help i need to know if i have to change.

I would be asking for confirmation asap so you have control over moving your cabin if needed. I would explain why your asking in great detail so you don't get a standard answer the deck plans show it holds 4. Notice on the deck plans that all of our cabins we were kicked out of still show quad. They have started changing the Freedom's plans as the humps no longer shows quad. Cabin 1618 which does not hold 3 is still showing quad so it is taking a while to update the deck plans online.

Goodluck,

Dawna

Cruisingdawn - In your reply to me you said that it is a "Voyager class ship not a Radiance class ship" - first of all - it is neither - it is Freedom Class!

That may well be true but the "bump" on the Freedom class is similar to that of the Voyager (Freedom is commonly referred to as the ultra-voyager class) and not similar to the Radiance bump, which offers some large balconies because of the adjacent elevator that is in the port side of the ship, as opposed to the centre.

That may well be true but the "bump" on the Freedom class is similar to that of the Voyager (Freedom is commonly referred to as the ultra-voyager class) and not similar to the Radiance bump, which offers some large balconies because of the adjacent elevator that is in the port side of the ship, as opposed to the centre.

Thanks Lee :) I actually didn't even realize they changed it from the Ultra-Voyager class to Freedom Class. Were getting close to sipping a few chocolate martinis!!

Anyway Canuckcruizer, no matter what you call it I really don't see any additional balcony space on that cabin. I was going for location (next to the stairs 2 decks below the top decks action) and view (can look both forward & aft as well as down to the water). Deck 10 also works as insulation to pool chairs being dragged across your ceiling at 2am. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived