Freedom D1 cabin Warning!!

Cruisingdawn - In your reply to me you said that it is a "Voyager class ship not a Radiance class ship" - first of all - it is neither - it is Freedom Class!

First of all, Freedom class is just an extended version of Voyager Class. The hump is identical. And second of all, I am still waiting for your second of all.

Who is everyone talking to get the upgrade to the JS ?

My buddy is still trying to get his upgrade but hasnt had any help from

RCI or his TA.

He would apprciate any help that he can get.

Email him at uncleroy@charter.net

HE REALLY NEEDS HELP AND WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT !

THANKS!

Hello Everyone

I Am The Person Mlarkin Posted About

My Family Booked Our Freedom Sailing On March 20,2005 For The September 24,2006 Sailing On The Freedom

We Were One Of The First People To Book On The Freedom

Being A C&A Member Gave Us Two Weeks To Book Before The Public

We Booked A D1 Cabin

The Cabin # Was 1618 I Think

Everything Was Going Great

We Made Our Final Payment In May 2006

Then On Tueday 6-6-06 What A Day To Get The Call From My Ta

Rci First Promised A Js

But Then Two Hours Later Bumped Down To Deck 7

They Offered Us Total Of $75.00 Shipboard Credit

My Ta Don't Want To Help Because I Am Paid In Full And This Person Will Get Her Money Anyway!

Tried To Call Rci My Self But Rci Treated Me Like A Second Class Person!

I Have Tried For Over A Week

All I Want What Was Promised To Begin With

Last Saturday Their Was Two Js Available

But Once Again Could Not Get Noone To Help

If Anyone Could Help I Would Be Very Grateful

If Rci Reads This Please Help!

Wife And Child Are Very Sad!

Thanks!

FitzLA - Don't really know why you have a bee in your bonnet as I wasn't even replying to you!! I don't really like your tone and won't waste my time with you.

CruisingDawn - I was told by several RCCL reps, TA's and I believe I read it somewhere on the RCCL site that it was called Freedom Class. I have never heard of it referred to as Ultra Voyager Class. Anyways, I thought maybe you were talking about the Voyager Class as opposed to the new Freedom of the Seas which I was told was different. In any event - we are thinking of switching to a JS suite now on Deck 10 - but of course, did not realize the pool was over top! If RCCL would print a brochure with a deck plan in it - life would be so much easier. It is hard on the computer as you can only look at one deck at a time. Anyways, thanks for your help!

Canuck

FitzLA - Don't really know why you have a bee in your bonnet as I wasn't even replying to you!! I don't really like your tone and won't waste my time with you.

CruisingDawn - I was told by several RCCL reps, TA's and I believe I read it somewhere on the RCCL site that it was called Freedom Class. I have never heard of it referred to as Ultra Voyager Class. Anyways, I thought maybe you were talking about the Voyager Class as opposed to the new Freedom of the Seas which I was told was different. In any event - we are thinking of switching to a JS suite now on Deck 10 - but of course, did not realize the pool was over top! If RCCL would print a brochure with a deck plan in it - life would be so much easier. It is hard on the computer as you can only look at one deck at a time. Anyways, thanks for your help!

Canuck

I don't have a bee in my bonet, but you seem to though. :D I was just teasing you. And if you don't want to waste your time with me, why even respond at all?

But, to answer your question anyway, Before Freedom was named Freedom Class, it was referred to by RCI as Untra-Voyager, much like Voyager Class was referred to as Eagle Class before given it's name. Freedom is in most ways identical to Voyager just about 90 or so feet longer. Everything else is almost exactly the same. Except of course the cantelivered hot tubs, the h2o zone and flow rider. And if you want a brochure with deck-plans, you can get pdf printable deck-plans for every ship at rccl.com. Also, at royalcaribbean.co.uk they have online printable brochures with deck plans. Enjoy!

Canuck,

I believe Fitz was pointing out the bee in your bonnet, as it were. Your reply to Dawna, who was trying to help you, was snippy. Both Fitz and Dawna have helped lots of people on these boards so it may be time for you to take your hands off your hips and just say thanks for the advice they're giving.

Returning to your comments, all of the initial announcements from RCL concerning Freedom referred to it as an Ultra-Voyager. It's ironic, actually, since many people are now complaining that it's just too much like the Voyager class. Oddly enough, the Voyager class was called the Eagle class when it was in design but they never named one of the class Eagle of the Seas 9which actually sounds kind of dumb).

If you want to see more than one Freedom Deck plan at at time, you can display them in a printable format on the RCL web-site, presuming you have adobe acrobat, which you can download for free at Adobe's web-site. The link to display the printable version is at the bottom of each deck plan as you view it on the RCL site. The reason that RCL gave for dropping the plans from their books was that too many people complained that they are confusing.

Canuck,

I believe Fitz was pointing out the bee in your bonnet, as it were. Your reply to Dawna, who was trying to help you, was snippy. Both Fitz and Dawna have helped lots of people on these boards so it may be time for you to take your hands off your hips and just say thanks for the advice they're giving.

Thank you, my friend. And I even was nice enough, after that comment, to give her/him more advice. But I am nice that way. lol. And I am not forgetting that you are going to leave us a suprise in our cabin since we are on right after you. Are you way too excited like me?

Fitz, this is scary! We typed the same post, essentially! Of course, I took time in mine to say nice things about you.

Some people just don't like me. But that is ok since I will never have to meet them.

I will have to say nice things about you too. If anyone ever gives you are hard time, I will come to your defense.;)

Fitz and Schplinky, what is this, a mutual admiration society?:rolleyes: You guys had better have great times on your cruises and come back and tell us all about it.

We do sound a bit corny, don't we? Oh well, life is good!!! :D :D

longer. Everything else is almost exactly the same. Except of course the cantelivered hot tubs, the h2o zone and flow rider.

I'll tell you what....those differences may seem small on paper, but they are each very special and unique. That H2O Zone, in particular, gives a whole new almost child-free experience to the adults at the main pool.....and the Flowrider helps with that too.

The ship design does an amazing job of sectioning people off by their interests. I think you'll find that these changes are far greater than three new attractions on a deck plan.

Tracy

Were getting close to sipping a few chocolate martinis!!

Well Dawna....these are the guys who will be serving them up in Olive or Twist! Be sure to tell Earl and Neville that Tracy says hello!

2658535420084648988YFPEaG_th.jpg

you should be able to click on this to see the bigger version.

no matter what you call it I really don't see any additional balcony space on that cabin.

Having just returned from The Hump, I will assure you that the balconies are not larger. The extra space resulting from the curve in the hump is given back to the cabin, not the balcony. Don't get all excited about this.....it's a funky chunk of space between the balcony curtain and the sliding door. Would have been *better* to give it to the balcony IMO, but it works for stashing extra beach bags and stuff. :)

Tracy

Thank you, my friend. And I even was nice enough, after that comment, to give her/him more advice. But I am nice that way. lol. And I am not forgetting that you are going to leave us a suprise in our cabin since we are on right after you. Are you way too excited like me?

We'll leave whatever coupons we have left under the mat in your safe, if we can get into your room (they do seem to leave all the doors open the last morning so it will just depend if the previous occupants are out when we leave). You can bet your bonnet the 2-for-1 drink coupon will be long gone!

Hello Everyone

I Am The Person Mlarkin Posted About

My Family Booked Our Freedom Sailing On March 20,2005 For The September 24,2006 Sailing On The Freedom

We Were One Of The First People To Book On The Freedom

Being A C&A Member Gave Us Two Weeks To Book Before The Public

We Booked A D1 Cabin

The Cabin # Was 1618 I Think

Everything Was Going Great

We Made Our Final Payment In May 2006

Then On Tueday 6-6-06 What A Day To Get The Call From My Ta

Rci First Promised A Js

But Then Two Hours Later Bumped Down To Deck 7

They Offered Us Total Of $75.00 Shipboard Credit

My Ta Don't Want To Help Because I Am Paid In Full And This Person Will Get Her Money Anyway!

Tried To Call Rci My Self But Rci Treated Me Like A Second Class Person!

I Have Tried For Over A Week

All I Want What Was Promised To Begin With

Last Saturday Their Was Two Js Available

But Once Again Could Not Get Noone To Help

If Anyone Could Help I Would Be Very Grateful

If Rci Reads This Please Help!

Wife And Child Are Very Sad!

Thanks!

Seems last weekend was a fluke with cabins. We seem to be full to the rim again. I will keep my eye out and if anything pops up I will email you. On the weekend there really isn't anyone at Royal can do anything much of anything to help you. I know from my phone calls Reservations & Crown & Anchor can't do a thing. Customer Service is the only department that could help. Have you called customer service and asked for a supervisor? Don't give up, it's worth the fight. Get someone to agree to do something if a cabin opens. Write down their name and what they agreed to and when. Something pops up put a hold on it and call asap. I was wasting my breath talking with my TA and you might be too. Keep going to Royal until you can get someone to agree to help. Our offer was $100 per person stateroom credit, 2 cabins near each other or a JS. Unfortunately there are only 18 JS's that hold 3 people. Were still a few weeks until final payment so don't give up yet. May have some cancellations yet.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I don't have a bee in my bonet, but you seem to though. :D I was just teasing you. And if you don't want to waste your time with me, why even respond at all?

But, to answer your question anyway, Before Freedom was named Freedom Class, it was referred to by RCI as Untra-Voyager, much like Voyager Class was referred to as Eagle Class before given it's name. Freedom is in most ways identical to Voyager just about 90 or so feet longer. Everything else is almost exactly the same. Except of course the cantelivered hot tubs, the h2o zone and flow rider. And if you want a brochure with deck-plans, you can get pdf printable deck-plans for every ship at rccl.com. Also, at royalcaribbean.co.uk they have online printable brochures with deck plans. Enjoy!

Hehe, if they would have called it the Freedom Class back when it was in the works we would have known it was going to be named the Freedom of the Seas :D

Tracey: Great pictures, which balcony were you on at your Cozumel sail away party?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Tracy - Thanks for all your help. We have actually now switched to an E2-bigger balcony than D1 and less money!

Canuck

How many folks do you have in your room. You're right that the balcony is slightly larger but the room is smaller.

Canuck,

The balconies are *all* the same on Freedom...unless you book a suite or an aft cabin. That's what I've been *trying* to say all along. The E2 was very tight with two people. Can't imagine it with more than that!! Please please, go back and re-read everything I've written about my E2 hump cabin!

If you looked at the pictures I'd posted...those were for a Junior Suite AFT cabin with a gigantic balcony...NOT my E2 cabin.

Tracy

Tracy - There are only the two of us. I know what an aft balcony looks like, so I didn't get mixed up thinking it was an E2. I will go back and read what you said - I don't remember - I just glanced through it very fast and I was rushing to book. Apparently, RCCL is in for a bit of trouble as I was told by several agents that the measurements for the cabins and balconies that are posted on their website and the travel agent's guides are different from the ones RCCL actually has. No one knows which are the right measurements without actual measuring. For example - it says a D1 balcony is 101 sq. ft. on their website and the ta's guide and when you call in the RCCL agents tell you that it is 42 sq. ft. in their records. The cabins seem to be listed differently as well. No ones knows if this is going to be corrected or not or when. They told me that they jumped the gun printing the information before the ship was actually finished and now it is different. Sounds like there may be long line-ups at Guest Relations when people see how small their accommodations actually are! I did read one guy's review that he was in an E2 balcony and he thought the balcony was huge - although don't know if he has ever had one before...Anyway, if you say they are all the same size - we may as well save money, eh?

Canuck

The balconies ARE huge....almost double what you've been used to on other ships. And yes, if it is just two of you (especially with the beds pushed together) the E2 will be just fine. I was just trying to stress that the HUMP balconies are not bigger than any other balconies.

You will have a great trip, and the cabins are actually very nice, even if a bit tight.

Tracy

Actually, the internet shows the D1/2 Balcony at 68 sqft and the E1/2 balcony as 74 sqft. Those are the correct measurements. In the beginning, before all the info was released and Freedom opened up for booking, the agents at RCI only had the info given to them, which was the same info for for some of the other Freedom ships since Freedom closely resembeled Voyager. Once the info was updated, it seems that someone forgot to tell the reservation agents. But I can assure you the the measurements on rccl.com are the correct ones. The smaller measurements are those of some of the other RCI ships. I believe that the 101sqft that you are speaking of is the Junior Suite, which is indeed 101sqft. If you look at all the pics, you will see that the balconies on Freedom are indeed a bit larger than those of the Voyager Class.

No bee in my bonet, just trying to help you!

FitzLA - You are right - I quoted the junior suite instead of the D1 - I have so much paperwork everywhere and notes flying around in the midst of booking - I glanced at the wrong one when I typed the message. I know what you are saying - but try talking to one of those RCCL agents - they can be quite vicious about it and are adamant that the balconies are 42 or 45 sf (I have been told each by different ones) for example and they absolutely insist that the RCCL website and the travel agent's guide are incorrect and that their information is correct, so it is very confusing. But I like your idea better because they are bigger!!! Princess tells you the square footage of each cabin and each balcony if you want to know - they are very helpful compared to RCCL in my experience. I wish RCCL told you everything. Anyway - we will have to take a measuring tape with us and take a photo and send it to head office - tee hee. Thanks for your help.

Canuck

Archived