I leave May 15th for Liberty and my g/f just moved out!

thejman

She packed up and left with no explanation. Completely random and completely out of the blue. We were together for 8 years. Just 3 days ago we were happily shopping for our trip. No what do I do? Should I still go?:(:confused:

She packed up and left with no explanation. Completely random and completely out of the blue. We were together for 8 years. Just 3 days ago we were happily shopping for our trip. No what do I do? Should I still go?:(:confused:

Sorry to hear that....

Quickly grab a friend that can go with you... otherwise, you are going to be SOL, unless your travel insurance will refund you "for any reason". You can't just cancel her, unless you can switch to a 1A for 150%. Find another friend and give them a really good discount, even if you have to take a bit of a loss, it's not as bad as losing the whole amount!! Worse comes to worse, you could go by yourself and try to regroup. Good luck in your decision :(

If I have to go by myself, can I just leave the ticket sitting? Do I need to notify Carnival she won't be coming, or does it matter?

You don't have to notifiy them... I've had a roomie backout, and just went by myself. But really, try to find a friend if you can...

Oh, my gosh, that is AWFUL! :( I'm sorry. Have you tried to talk to her? Maybe you will be back together by the time your cruise happens. If not, you ABSOLUTELY should still go! I'm not sure how that works with changing travelers since I've never had to do that, but I think you can switch names for a fee. Maybe you could ask a friend and make it a "guys cruise". Who knows, you might meet a lovely lady on your cruise to help you forget whats-her-name! ;)

Definitely try to find a traveling companion. If not go by yourself. Take tons of pictures and send them to your ex. And I do mean TONS.

Especially the ones with all the scantily clad ladies :D And definitely go to any and all Carlos and Charlies, Senor Frogs, etc. PERFECT kodak moments there!

Especially the ones with all the scantily clad ladies :D And definitely go to any and all Carlos and Charlies, Senor Frogs, etc. PERFECT kodak moments there!
Well, it's a European cruise, but... I'll do my best. :)

Well, it's a European cruise, but... I'll do my best. :)

Oh even better!! They have even classier places to find scantily clad ladies :D

Seriously, GO!!! And have a great time!!! I hope you can find a friend or relative to come along though.... or ask one of your ex-gf's friends :p

I don't mean to make light of this... I know this is difficult to go through, when you are supposed to be so happy right now. It really does suck :(

wow, sorry about your loss, that seams harsh to just up and move out no explination.

my advice, forget about her, and find another honey! god knows there will be tons of single women on your cruise! hell i went on a Costa cruise and met a girl on a Carnival cruise! (we were both in port)

Seriously, call Carnival and get the cost for changing reservation names. I've done this before and it wasn't a problem, and the rate was very low. Then call the airlines and see how much the airfare will cost your buddy or your relative. Then call said buddy or relative with accurate info regarding how much it will cost him/her to go with you. At least you'll have specific information to help you make a decision.

How about inviting your Mom, Dad, brother or sister?
My brother is a possibility - he doesn't know if he can get off work, and he doesn't have a passport. I think we could still get him one, though.

Let's BOTH go!

Can I go too? :D

Sorry to hear your bad news. That sucks but the others are right. Find someone to go with you or go solo. Always lots of single women & people to talk to & party with. No sense in you giving up such a wonderful trip because of her issues.

Good luck. I hope you find a way to go & have a wonderful time. :D

Seriously, call Carnival and get the cost for changing reservation names. I've done this before and it wasn't a problem, and the rate was very low. Then call the airlines and see how much the airfare will cost your buddy or your relative. Then call said buddy or relative with accurate info regarding how much it will cost him/her to go with you. At least you'll have specific information to help you make a decision.

The cost is $50...

Jman...Your brother doesn't need a passport... just an ID and original birth certificate. Now, you boys go and have fuN!!!

A friend backed out on my 4 days prior to a cruise. I could not find anyone to go with at the last minute. I never notified Carnival; ended up getting a credit after the cruise, which was minor, but it was the difference between the single supplement and two people. So, I had a balcony cabin to myself; found an unattached gentleman who also had a last minute back-out. We had a wonderful time together. Just go, enjoy, and try not to THINK about the situation. I know the key word is TRY. You'll have a good time despite this. It won't be the same, but it can be good if you can keep your frame of mind positive. Good luck. Take lots of photos...

Karen

This is a painful problem, but I have to agree with everyone who says go anyway. If nothing else, the change of venue will help you think.

I am holding a passport application in my hand. It says,

"For faster processing, you may request expedited service. Expedited requests will be processed in three workdays from receipt at a passport agency. The additional fee for expedited service is $60. Therefore, if you choose to request expedited service and you are 16 years of age or older, the total cost of your US passport with be $157..."

Bonnie

I think he'll need a passport to get to Europe in the first place. Do you live anywhere near one of the passport processing centers? We have one in New Orleans and I know people that in an emergency have gone there and gotten a passport the same day. The airfare to Europe at this late date is going to probably be expensive. I'm really sorry and I hope that your brother will be able to go with you.

I got one the same day several years ago. Until last week, I wasn't sure that it was still possible (post 9-11) but I found out that it is.

A friend was offered a trip to Costa Rica on Tuesday - leave on Saturday. She called and made an appointment at the passport agency for Fr. morning at 8. She walked out that afternoon with her passport.

Archived