I leave May 15th for Liberty and my g/f just moved out!

thejman

So, I'm sitting around at home yesterday with nothing to do...but I've got that Digital Cable TV Package with like 100 movie channels...I'm surfing through looking for something I haven't seen...and end up watching a "romantic comedy" from 1992 with Andrew McCarthy, Helen Hunt and Kelly Preston...called "Only You"...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105059/

The plot is basically this (where have we heard this one lately?):

Andrew McCarthy's character has a vacation planned with his girlfriend...

But, only the day they're supposed to go...she walks out on him...no expanation, just calls it quits on the relationship...He tries to get a refund, but the package is "NONREFUNDABLE"...He's not going to go at all...instead, goes to a bar to drink away his troubles...and, instead, somehow ends up with an even drunker Kelly Preston...and she doesn't really come out of the drunken stupor until the next morning...when they're somewhere in the Caribbean...Well, they're that far into the vaction when it becomes really apparent that she's a completely airheaded gold-digging floozie...and he's finding himself also attracted to another visitor to the resort, etc., etc.

Anyway, reading this thread, I thought of that movie...

Yeah...just go to some bar and find the drunkest girl there--preferably one who looks like Kelly Preston!! Maybe it will work out better?

Gee, the other movie I watched in this cable TV session was "Wicker Park" ...and the plot of that one is about a guy whose girlfriend disappears on him with absolutely no explanation and goes missing for 2 years...But that ends up, without giving away the suspenseful plot twists, involves some sinister dealings of a stalking third party...Hope your situation is not as scary as that one...

I'd go even if it ends up I'm going myself...

BTW, is the girlfriend REALLY gone for good? Or is she going to show back up in a couple of days wanting to make up and go anyway?

And, how dumb is she? Break up AFTER the cruise... :)

Guest nhrich
you don't have to have a passport til Dec. I would still go. You have to cause if you don't she will win again. Where are you leaving from? Maybe you can change your flight that was for her to your brother

Margie

This is a European cruise. Passports are required.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

So, I'm sitting around at home yesterday with nothing to do...but I've got that Digital Cable TV Package with like 100 movie channels...I'm surfing through looking for something I haven't seen...and end up watching a "romantic comedy" from 1992 with Andrew McCarthy, Helen Hunt and Kelly Preston...called "Only You"...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105059/

The plot is basically this (where have we heard this one lately?):

Andrew McCarthy's character has a vacation planned with his girlfriend...

But, only the day they're supposed to go...she walks out on him...no expanation, just calls it quits on the relationship...He tries to get a refund, but the package is "NONREFUNDABLE"...He's not going to go at all...instead, goes to a bar to drink away his troubles...and, instead, somehow ends up with an even drunker Kelly Preston...and she doesn't really come out of the drunken stupor until the next morning...when they're somewhere in the Caribbean...Well, they're that far into the vaction when it becomes really apparent that she's a completely airheaded gold-digging floozie...and he's finding himself also attracted to another visitor to the resort, etc., etc.

Anyway, reading this thread, I thought of that movie...

Yeah...just go to some bar and find the drunkest girl there--preferably one who looks like Kelly Preston!! Maybe it will work out better?

Gee, the other movie I watched in this cable TV session was "Wicker Park" ...and the plot of that one is about a guy whose girlfriend disappears on him with absolutely no explanation and goes missing for 2 years...But that ends up, without giving away the suspenseful plot twists, involves some sinister dealings of a stalking third party...Hope your situation is not as scary as that one...

I'd go even if it ends up I'm going myself...

BTW, is the girlfriend REALLY gone for good? Or is she going to show back up in a couple of days wanting to make up and go anyway?

And, how dumb is she? Break up AFTER the cruise... :)

LOL!!!

Are you getting to Rome early? Our cruise doesn't leave until the 19th.

You must be a wreck, I can't imagine but come to Europe and try to forget for just a couple of weeks! You've paid, and won't be able to get a refund so try to enjoy it anyway!

Are you getting to Rome early? Our cruise doesn't leave until the 19th.

You must be a wreck, I can't imagine but come to Europe and try to forget for just a couple of weeks! You've paid, and won't be able to get a refund so try to enjoy it anyway!

Yeah, I'm going to Rome early, and yeah, I'm a wreck. :mad: Debating on whether or not to start taking some antidepressents so I can have a fun trip.

JMan... I'm sorry you're having to start your vacation with crap like this. I think she should at least have to foot the bill for her part of the tab to back out last minute like that. Regardless of the situation, she should be obligated to pay. I know money's not everything, yada yada... but if you have no way out she should at least offer to pick up the difference.

I really hope you go and have a GREAT time.

The cost is $50...

Jman...Your brother doesn't need a passport... just an ID and original birth certificate. Now, you boys go and have fuN!!!

He said Europe. That will require a passport. There is an option for an expedited passport but I don't know how long it takes or how much it is. You could probably get that info on the web or by calling the post office.

Yeah, I'm going to Rome early, and yeah, I'm a wreck. :mad: Debating on whether or not to start taking some antidepressents so I can have a fun trip.

Jman, snap out of it!! I know it sucks... believe me, been there, done that!! I will tell you what sucks worse... I took my BF on a cruise for his 30th bday... had a great time, then when we got home, he toooook off. If you can only imagine how PISSED I was!! Now, I would have been devastated had he done it pre cruise... but I was livid that he waited until after the cruise, so HE could have a good time. Count your blessings... I'm telling you, it's better this way. Had it happened after the cruise, it would have hurt more, I promise you. It sucks... and you don't even want to think about this cruise without her... but you will have a blast. Think of where you are going and how great it's going to be!!! Have you met people from your roll call? If not, make a point of it!! make friends now, and then make a point of going to the singles party the first night. You will have a good time, even though it seems impossible right now... it's time to think about you and you alone. It sucks that you have to grieve your relationship at the same time as plan a cruise, but at least you have a cruise to plan!! Think of those that have to grieve a relationship and have nothing to look forward to!!!!!! You are going to Europe doll... grieve when you get back (and chances are, you will have such a good time, the trip will help you move past this... not all the way, but it will be a good step)...

Have a great time! WE INSIST!!!!!

Anyway about it you are going to be in Europe - how bad can that be? go enjoy- the whole thing is already paid for. I bet you will have a blast......

As for the anti-depressants, nothing you take is going to have any affect on you - they usually take several weeks. Take this time, do some soul searching and find yourself -

heck if that is too deep, go and find yourself some beauty who doesn't speak english and just wants to have fun. Love is the international language!

Enjoy

Jman,

So sorry about the situation. Go and have a good time. I think once you're on board, it will be easier to forget about what's going on back home.

Make sure you go see about your dining room table once on board. You do not want to be at a table for 4 with another couple!!!! Tell the Maitre d to move you to a table of singles!!!!!!

I know it's a cliche, but time does heal all wounds.:rolleyes:

He said Europe. That will require a passport. There is an option for an expedited passport but I don't know how long it takes or how much it is. You could probably get that info on the web or by calling the post office.

Hey MrLee... I know it might seem like alot of trouble, but read the rest of the thread :p I GOT IT! :rolleyes: And the other questions are answered as well.

Does anyone actually read threads anymore???? :rolleyes: LMAO!!

Hey MrLee... I know it might seem like alot of trouble, but read the rest of the thread :p I GOT IT! :rolleyes: And the other questions are answered as well.

Does anyone actually read threads anymore???? :rolleyes: LMAO!!

I responded (as I usually do) AS I was reading the thread. I had no idea that someone already responded. Most even had the correct information.;)

I responded (as I usually do) AS I was reading the thread. I had no idea that someone already responded. Most even had the correct information.;)

Wow, and you made it past the first post in this thread, made no response to the OP, but managed to reply to me about passports. Your fingers must have been burnin!! But I'm sure the OP appreciates your concern :D :p

JMan, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I had a long-term relationship that ended the same way (no indication, no explanation, just gone)...I know you're going through a rough time now; but I promise you'll get through this. Keep your head up.

On the positive side, what better way to start off a new life and new memories with a cruise (and a med. one at that)! It'll be great if it works out and your brother or someone could go with you, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised even if you have to go by solo. Check out the Roll Call for your cruise and meet up with fellow CCers - and think of all the other people you'll get to meet!

Well, thanks for the support guys, I am definitely going. We each paid for our own share, so I'm not losing anything in that regard.

Well good!!!! Enjoy the fact that she just lost that money (sorry, sometimes you have to enjoy little things like that, LOL) :D We expect to hear from you when you get back now!!! :D

Well, thanks for the support guys, I am definitely going. We each paid for our own share, so I'm not losing anything in that regard.

I hope your brother can work out the pasport isues to join you. If not be sure the cruise line knows you are now traveling solo and use any extra payment to start your bar tab.

Hope the Med air and sunshine helps you through everything.

OK........you didn't say how old you are but my absolutely gorgeous 23 year old blonde daughter will be traveling with us and looking for "hot guys" to hang out with. If you're too old for her, we'll be traveling with friends who are bringing their also beautiful 38 year old daughter.....don't you dare not go...it's the trip of a lifetime !!!!!

OK........you didn't say how old you are but my absolutely gorgeous 23 year old blonde daughter will be traveling with us and looking for "hot guys" to hang out with. If you're too old for her, we'll be traveling with friends who are bringing their also beautiful 38 year old daughter.....don't you dare not go...it's the trip of a lifetime !!!!!

Jman is around 26-27 according to his profile.

JMan... I'm sorry you're having to start your vacation with crap like this. I think she should at least have to foot the bill for her part of the tab to back out last minute like that. Regardless of the situation, she should be obligated to pay. I know money's not everything, yada yada... but if you have no way out she should at least offer to pick up the difference.

I really hope you go and have a GREAT time.

Did I hear someone say "Judge Judy"? :p

Anyway, go for it. You never know; there may be a higher power at work.:rolleyes:

Archived