I think Freedom is here!

My in-laws are going to Bremuda out of New York on Sat. They are going to get to she the freedom form the deck of there ship. I told them to take lots of Pictures. I will try to post them as soon as they get back.

For everyone (like me) that just missed her on GMA you can go to:

www.abcnews.go.com/GMA

Then on the right hand side click on "Biggest Cruise Ship Hits the Seas" under Top Stories and Video.

I'm sure there will be more updates later today to that web site. If I had to guess maybe GMA will actually get on board. Let's hope. :)

Saw her up close and in person on my way to work on the Staten Island Ferry. She was hovering by the Statue of Liberty, they had helicopters and fire water boats around her. It was great, we were so close!!! I took pictures, but don't have my cable at work, I'll try to post them tomorrow. I believe she was turning around to dock in Bayonne at about 8:30. We saw people waving from the top of the ship!! A cold morning here in NY, but a great sight.

Saw her up close and in person on my way to work on the Staten Island Ferry. She was hovering by the Statue of Liberty, they had helicopters and fire water boats around her. It was great, we were so close!!! I took pictures, but don't have my cable at work, I'll try to post them tomorrow. I believe she was turning around to dock in Bayonne at about 8:30. We saw people waving from the top of the ship!! A cold morning here in NY, but a great sight.

That is so exciting!! I can't wait to see the pics!

good morning america is broadcasting all 3 hours from on the ship this friday, not sure if today show is doing the same thing or just parts from it

It is the Today show who will broadcast live on Friday not Good Morning America

Man... that is one big ship!

After watching the clip, however... does RCL really plan on building a new class of ship that holds *6000* people???? That's the first I've heard of that.

Visiting the caribbean is going to be like visiting Times Square in New York on New Years Eve.

Cheers...

gusman

Estimates range from 5500 - 6500 depending on where you get your info from, but RCCL did announce this back in February when they were still suffering from a lot of bad publicity due to the Smith case. IMO, that helped a lot to redirect the media's focus away from the "scandal" and back to the positives of cruising.

Archived