restaurants

Okay, before someone jumps on me, I did do a search and could not find this information, have also poured over my documents. All I can find is beverage policies and wine policies. How do you know what restaurants are inclusive and which ones you have to pay a fee?? We're on the FOS 6/11/06. Thanks in advance.

You pay extra at Johnny Rockets, Chops Grille, Portofino's, Lattetudes. If I've forgotten any from past posts or info gathered from one of the Vacation Planners, I'm sure others will add more.

Just a note--Lattitudes has a charge for coffee and specialty drinks. Pastries and cookies are included in your cruise fare!

I recall the pastries and cookies were included when you purchased a specialty coffee.

I know I'm a smartaleck--

When you walk away from the counter and they say "oh, excuse me ma'am, that will be an extra charge!--SeaPass, please"!

Just exactly what I want to avoid!!! Are you telling me there's no way to find out until they ask for your SeaPass!!! I'm also taking 2 18 year old boys with me and you know how boys eat, I don't want a huge bill at the end of the cruise and want to stear them to the right places. Someone any help with this?????:confused: Do I just call RCCL and ask customer service???

Seattle's Best will charge extra (they are the coffee shop on FOS). You can ask when you go to order. If it is a specialty coffe there will be a charge for it. Also check on the compass (the newspaper delivered daily to your cabin), it will list what is chargered where.

For your info Jr also charges for the drinks.

So when you get on the ship, do they let you know which places are free and which ones charge??? How do you find out????

Mom,

It will be right there in your Cruise Compass....as well as in the little blue book in the cabin which has the room service menu, etc....

Tracy

Mom,

It will be right there in your Cruise Compass....as well as in the little blue book in the cabin which has the room service menu, etc....

Tracy

Wow Tracy, thank you so much!!!! I know you're on the FOS for the 6/4 sailing and we're on right after you 6/11. I know we'll all have a blast!!! I know now to take the Cruise Compass and tell the boys where they can and can't eat and if they chose one of the restaurants that charge they can use their own $$$$$. Thanks again Tracy, Happy Sailing:)

It's not as hard as you might think. Send them to the Windjammer (actually go with them, since they are young) and let them eat their fill. They are not old enough for Portofino's and Chops.

There is a soft serve ice cream thing on board. It's yogurt, but they will not be able to tell. Just point them towards it and let them make their own cones. My boys had one a day and loved it. Again, we supervised them. Some parents didn't watch their kids (why I mention it) and one little guy was dispensing it into his mouth. Sheesh! LOL

It's not as hard as you might think. Send them to the Windjammer (actually go with them, since they are young) and let them eat their fill. They are not old enough for Portofino's and Chops.

There is a soft serve ice cream thing on board. It's yogurt, but they will not be able to tell. Just point them towards it and let them make their own cones. My boys had one a day and loved it. Again, we supervised them. Some parents didn't watch their kids (why I mention it) and one little guy was dispensing it into his mouth. Sheesh! LOL

Sorry, I was misleading in another post, my DH and I are taking two 18 year olds, my son and his friend, celebrating their high school graduation. Two smart boys, my son's friend ranked #3 and my son #5 out of 377 students, both are going to college on full rides, but I still wouldn't put it past them to put their mouths underneath the ice cream machine!!!! No, really their good kids, thanks everyone for your information:D

Sorry, I was misleading in another post, my DH and I are taking two 18 year olds, my son and his friend, celebrating their high school graduation. Two smart boys, my son's friend ranked #3 and my son #5 out of 377 students, both are going to college on full rides, but I still wouldn't put it past them to put their mouths underneath the ice cream machine!!!! No, really their good kids, thanks everyone for your information:D

You know they do stupid stuff on a bet right? I'm under the belief that a boys brain turns off from puberty till age 21! :p

No, not really. Well maybe.

Archived