Would you wear a necklace with this dress?

Lforlisa

I don't think I would. I think my preference would be to just add great shoes, hair accessories and chandelier (sp?) earrings. But who knows...it might be something where I'd try it on and decide I need some kind of necklace. I love the dress btw!

Am I seeing the picture correctly? The bow and the tie are in the back and the front is open (no fabric) from neck to cleavage?

If so, I'd wear a wide, flat gold chain necklace.

would wear one. I am wearing a dress with a halter style also and I'm just going to wear some nice earrings with it. Like a lot of OP said, it would be just too busy with a necklace. Have fun wearing that dress-love it!

Love the dress!!!

I am going with the minority so far and say YES.

I would keep it simple and in keeping with the colors, accentuate the neckline, not detract from it. If you choose a piece to busy or large, I feel you would be taking away from the beautiful plunge. On the other hand, if you chose a piece that hand the same colors and right shape, you would be enhancing what is already there... IMHO.:rolleyes:

Love the dress..love the dress!!:D

Did you get that on ebay or at a store if you don't mind my asking?

Heather

Thanks so much, my hubby picked it out! I got it at Marshall Field's on one of the clearance racks - $20!! Can't beat that!!

Your dress is gorgeous - and the price is divine! I just love getting great bargains like this. I don't think the dress needs a necklace, but something small and simple would look nice too.

Am I seeing the picture correctly? The bow and the tie are in the back and the front is open (no fabric) from neck to cleavage?

If so, I'd wear a wide, flat gold chain necklace.

I agree with Jane. The neckline can definitely handle a bold piece of jewelry.

I think you need to take your dress jewellry shopping! I don't think it's as simple as yes, wear a necklace or no, don't wear a necklace.I wouldn't have worn a necklace with a halter, but I saw Reba on the ACM awards last night and she had a 'Y' type necklace with a halter style dress. It looked very nice.

I do love the dress and what a bargain! Congrats!!:)

My wife would likely offer the following advice (and seeing how it has worked, umm several times, I guess she would be right).

Model the dress at home or on the first night, then absolutey don't take a necklace - BUT be sure and point out something very shiny in St.Thomas (or fill in name of Jewelry port here), that would just look FABULOUS with it...!

All that money saved on the dress (plus some), now goes to sparkles that you keep forever.

I think you need to take your dress jewellry shopping! I don't think it's as simple as yes, wear a necklace or no, don't wear a necklace.I wouldn't have worn a necklace with a halter, but I saw Reba on the ACM awards last night and she had a 'Y' type necklace with a halter style dress. It looked very nice.

I do love the dress and what a bargain! Congrats!!:)

I like to take my clothes shopping too!

As a matter of fact, any excuse to go shopping is fine with me :D .

It depends completely on the necklace. If I wore a dress like this, the necklace would have to be in a choker style.

Archived