mariner - what's the best place on the hump?

We were in 9618 just above you last month........it was a jr. suite......all I can tell you is being right in the center of the hump was a great location as far as we were concerned. I think you will enjoy that location.

Jim

We had 6324 last year on the Mariner; great location good views of both the front and the back of the ship.

This year we're booked in 8322 on the Navigator.

We prefer the hump to the aft cabins. On the Explorer we had a corner aft 8690 it was a great balcony the size was wonderful but the walk to the cabin was a drag for us.

So for now on, hump is the only way to go

If you look at the deck plans of voyager-class ships, you will see that they bulge out in the middle. This is called (on these boards at least) the hump, and cabins there are considered desirable because they are very close to the elevators, and look out to sea (or port) without "feeling" the balconies next door so much. Or at least that's why I THINK they are desirable! That was kind of why I posted my question. There are hump cabin devotees here, and now that I booked them, I wanted to clarify (I'm a cart-before-the-horse kinda gal!) :-)

Another reason they are considered desireable is because it is generally agreed that "mid-ship" locations get much less of the rocking and rolling than front and aft locations if and when you hit any rough seas. I'm not sure how true it is now, with the better stabilizers they have, but that is a question for an expert, which I am not!:D

happy wednesday!

sarahjane

We are in 8620 on AOS for July. I think the location is terrific and am looking forward to the cruise. That being said, does anyone have a comment on the noise level, being as the cabin is so close to the elevator and its lobby?

We had 6324 last year on the Mariner; great location good views of both the front and the back of the ship.

This year we're booked in 8322 on the Navigator.

We prefer the hump to the aft cabins. On the Explorer we had a corner aft 8690 it was a great balcony the size was wonderful but the walk to the cabin was a drag for us.

So for now on, hump is the only way to go

We are booked in 6326 for March 18th 2007. Our last cruise was on Millennium on a wedged balcony forward on deck 9. My wife is sensitive to motion so I went with a bigger ship and a lower more central location. Still 9038 on Millennium will be very hard to top. Hoping that Mariner does just that too. Still if anyone has any cabin pictures of the deck 6 hump staterooms and balconies I would love to see them.:D

We were in 1320 on Mariner and it was unbelieveable. All our group had cabins close by and LOVED the location. 1320 is an OS and was our first of that class. It is a true suite, lots of room. Would love to have that rm. again some day but next time we are on Brilliance in 1060, end of the hump portside. We love the location and this cabin seems to have a big balcony without me having to go aft!

Can anyone comment on the noise level of foot traffic and elevators? We were able to secure three in a row on AOS, 8612,-14,and -16. (but not the mid-hump 18 or 20, you lucky person!)

...and if you are not right in the middle, is there much difference between those three?

Maddle

We have booked 8320 for Dec 2006. Our very good friends have booked either 8620, 18, or 16...I forget which. We researched CC and other info and really liked the idea of being toward the center hump, but not directly across from the elevators. Once we return, I will post a mini-review of the MOS Hump....

I have JS #9318 middle hump cabin for the mariner on Oct 22. this will be our first JS cabin. Is the balcony a little bigger?

We were in this cabin for our B2B in March. So fabulous is this locatiion, we are booked again for March 2007, only on the other side 9618.

Never had any need to compare balcony size as it was way big enough for us two. Table, 2 chairs plus lounger. Never felt small.

Just returned from the Mariner cabin 9620 center hump. Great location. You are close to the elevators and the stairs. The Pool is just 2 flights up as well as the Windjammer. The views are great from the balcony too.:)

Just returned from the Mariner cabin 9620 center hump. Great location. You are close to the elevators and the stairs. The Pool is just 2 flights up as well as the Windjammer. The views are great from the balcony too.:)

We have this cabin on the Navigator for Sept.

Have been reading to hear reviews on this cabin. I bet it's neat looking forward and aft from the balcony, jetting out from the ship.

What furniture is on the balcony?

Thanks

Love the JS center hump on AOS. We have had 9318 (starboard) twice and booked 9618 (port) this year. No noise ever noticed from the elevators. The cabins are isolated enough by the hallway, that noise is not an issue. The view is absolutely the best. You can see fore and aft perfectly. Center hump (Deck 9) is very convenient to the Windjammer and pools. The stairs are right by the elevators, so we could easily walk the two flights up to the pools and Windjammer. We prefer the Junior Suites for the spacious walk-in closet and my DW really prefers a bathtub.

As for the balconies being any larger, I don't think you could notice any size difference between a hump JS and any other side JS.

Archived