Drinks on Vision - YUCK!!

Hi, Just back from Vision. This is my 5th cruise with Royal Caribbean. Second time on Vision. Wow the fancy drinks are lousey now. They used to make the best creamy thick strawberry colada. Now it is just a run of the mill drink that tastes like it is out of a can. Maybe it was how this ship made them, but I was disappointed. And REMEMBER, if you dont want another souvenir glass to take home, you have to specify, regular glass. I had to order a Kahlua & milk, I figured it would be hard to mess up that drink.

Strawberry coladas are my foo-foo drink of choice and I had my fair share on the Explorer in March. I bought one of those big insulated mugs in the souvenir shop and took it up to the pool bar each time I ordered one, so I didn't have to pay for the assortment of glassware with my drinks. Maybe there was a problem with the machinery that dispenses them on the Vision.

Royal Caribbean used to have the best drinks in the whole wide world (IMHO)--until they started using the Island Oasis machines and mix. Now the drinks taste watered down (not the liquor amt but the mix tastes weak) and the machine does not mix them as well as the blender used to. The machine leaves little balls of ice (to further dilute) which actually hurt my teeth.

Whereas I used to have 3-4 frozen drinks daily, I now have maybe one or two for the entire cruise. I complain every chance I get but it does no good.

HaloV

If it makes you feel any better we just got off the Mariner last month......and for the entire 7 days we could not get a good margarita.......don't know if they changed the mix........or what the problem was.........but whatever they served us was not the margarita's I remember on past RC cruises........

Jim

Ship's Captain determines the ships crew compliment (within guidelines set by RCI). It is my opinion that the Vision Captain (I wished I could remember his name![i think he is still there....I am trying to verify]) is determined to run with the absolute minimum personnel. I have seen room service dishes sit for three days in the corner next to a hallway (I marked a dish to prove this statement). I will never ever sail on the Vision again due to the understaffed crew (and the fact that this is the only ship that I contracted food poisoning on [verified]).

I just got off the Monarch, and although it is getting old, it had a good Margarita (on the rocks, not frozen). It really depends on the ship and how much they are tryingto cut corners.

I don't think it is only RCI. I just returned from the Island Princess and gagged on a margarita. I sent it back and got a beer. YUCK!!!! The mixer was disgusting. Maybe they have all gone to this cheap swill.

Jill

I have spoken with several bar managers on the various ships and was assured that it was not a "cost-cutting" measure...perhaps more of a time-saving measure. There is only one thing that is for certain here:

The drinks are not as good as they used to be!!!!!

They may not miss my drink orders, but I know I'm not the only one who has noticed. Occasionally I can find a bartender who will drag out a blender and mix one of the old type. Its really a shame to mess with a good thing!

It is my opinion that the Vision Captain (I wished I could remember his name![i think he is still there....I am trying to verify]) is determined to run with the absolute minimum personnel.

The captain, Capt Kjetil Gjerstad started his rotation on Vision OTS May 12th. Capt George is on holiday and is reassigned to Serenade OTS. Capt Tor Olsen will come to Vision OTS in August when he's done with his vacation.

Archived