What Happens to the Food??

Scooters

Sorry, but this is the flavor of many of your posts. Very judgemental. They said they did it, and you ask if they are joking. Sounds like you are judging them to me. But I'm not the first to point this out to you. :(

People should feel free to post what they want, and not be questioned.

If you don't like them don't read them. CCL folks get really bent out of shape becuase other cruisers call them classless...and what I commented about was a prime example of why. And yes, I was hoping the poster would come back and say that he was only joking but that hasn't happend yet. *****

So everything anyone posts is true, no question

Absolutely not, I am saying that I am SICK of rude posts from "certain" posters, when someone makes a statement (I"m sorry, but saying, "Tell Me You Are Joking?" is rude and a putdown). There aren't many, but there are a few here on this board, and they have been around for a bit, so it's nothing new. Someone makes a comment, and "certain" posters come back with a smarmy or nasty comment. That's what I dislike.

And the other poster is right, I don't have to read them, in fact, there are posters here that I never read, and I wish there was an "ignore" feature. Maybe someday I'll have the strength to just skip past them. It's always been somthing I've dislike about this board. There's lots of info, and lots of great posters...just a few that seem to think nothing of slamming another poster for their actions. I've seen many other posters make comments about this particular poster...

But I have to believe that those people who post such nastiness, have a lot of other issues in life. :(

Absolutely not, I am saying that I am SICK of rude posts from "certain" posters, when someone makes a statement (I"m sorry, but saying, "Tell Me You Are Joking?" is rude and a putdown). There aren't many, but there are a few here on this board, and they have been around for a bit, so it's nothing new. Someone makes a comment, and "certain" posters come back with a smarmy or nasty comment. That's what I dislike.

And the other poster is right, I don't have to read them, in fact, there are posters here that I never read, and I wish there was an "ignore" feature. Maybe someday I'll have the strength to just skip past them. It's always been somthing I've dislike about this board. There's lots of info, and lots of great posters...just a few that seem to think nothing of slamming another poster for their actions. I've seen many other posters make comments about this particular poster...

But I have to believe that those people who post such nastiness, have a lot of other issues in life. :(

Um, there IS an ignore feature...always has been, LOL!!!! if you don't care for someone's post, you should use it. I too, find it unbelievable that someone would take food to the showroom :rolleyes: Call me judgemental, but you aren't supposed to take food in there, and yes, in my OPINION, it isn't too classy... I can't think of too many situations this would be okay. Again, MY opinion... and if that makes me judgemental and evil, put me on ignore :D

I'm sure the stuff gets used the next night. We had lobster for the formal night...the next dinner there was a lobster bisque, and 2 days later, a lobster sauce for another dish. And there way always some "delice de ocean"...a mishmash of seafood.

Um, there IS an ignore feature...always has been, LOL!!!! if you don't care for someone's post, you should use it. I too, find it unbelievable that someone would take food to the showroom :rolleyes: Call me judgemental, but you aren't supposed to take food in there, and yes, in my OPINION, it isn't too classy... I can't think of too many situations this would be okay. Again, MY opinion... and if that makes me judgemental and evil, put me on ignore :D

Done deal :)

Think what you want...saying it...well, nevermind. No sense beating a dead horse. :)

And your contribution to this thread was WHAT? Guess that makes you one of those certain posters that you are SICK of? :confused:

I have seen many leftover items show up on the buffet the next day. And just as good as the night before. :D So anytime you really enjoy something at dinner.....it might be a good idea to check the next day.

And your contribution to this thread was WHAT? Guess that makes you one of those certain posters that you are SICK of? :confused:

I have seen many leftover items show up on the buffet the next day. And just as good as the night before. :D So anytime you really enjoy something at dinner.....it might be a good idea to check the next day.

I am sick to death of someone coming along saying something...and they get bashed. The poster I was mentioning said they take food to the shows. And someone started in on them about that...very common here.

I don't care what they do with the leftovers...I really don't. If they show up the next day on the buffet, I don't care, that's not my point.

I've been around for years and years, and someone poor innocent poster (usually a newbie) will come along and say something that someone doesn't like...and God fobid if they have a complaint, they are slammed for it.

That's all I was saying.

Would you like to be laughed at for thinking it's okay for the previous dinner food to show up on the next days buffet?

I am sick to death of someone coming along saying something...and they get bashed. The poster I was mentioning said they take food to the shows. And someone started in on them about that...very common here.

I don't care what they do with the leftovers...I really don't. If they show up the next day on the buffet, I don't care, that's not my point.

I've been around for years and years, and someone poor innocent poster (usually a newbie) will come along and say something that someone doesn't like...and God fobid if they have a complaint, they are slammed for it.

That's all I was saying.

Would you like to be laughed at for thinking it's okay for the previous dinner food to show up on the next days buffet?

But that is what the Host/Moderators are here for. :) A lot of good people & information here......some even have a sense of humor. :D

No, but if someone brought ANY food into the show lounge, other than the appetizers that are served at cocktail parties....it would look a liitle strange.

And besides.....I like to think I have more class than that.

But that is what the Host/Moderators are here for. :) A lot of good people & information here......some even have a sense of humor. :D

No, but if someone brought ANY food into the show lounge, other than the appetizers that are served at cocktail parties....it would look a liitle strange.

And besides.....I like to think I have more class than that.

At this point, I suppose I have said enough. I usually come to the defense of somone who is either being laughed at (because they did something that some other poster thought was stupid), or put down.

And I know that's what the Mod's are for. I know this is the Internet, but it always surprises me when people are rude. I read here a long, long time before I ever had the courage to post. I saw too many people being put down for asking a simple question.

There are a few over-the-top posters, but for most part, everyone here is really helpful and friendly. :)

If my post offended you I apologize but I and apparently several others didn't see it as rude or a putdown not to mention the fact it wasn't even directed at YOU. It was a legitimate question that has yet to be answered.

As far as my being "nasty"...don't think so - I see things in either black or white and I'll call it like I see it. If you cannot understand it or don't like it perhaps I'm not the one with issues...sorry.

I really love all the great info on this board...but hate when I see a thread that starts to get ugly. Is there a way to directly contact the person you are ticked at to keep the mud slinging private so everyone else doesn't have to weed out everything that is of No interest to us? Just a simple question, in the most nicest manner.

Liv and GC, I agree, pretty tacky to bring food to the showroom.

I really love all the great info on this board...but hate when I see a thread that starts to get ugly. Is there a way to directly contact the person you are ticked at to keep the mud slinging private so everyone else doesn't have to weed out everything that is of No interest to us? Just a simple question, in the most nicest manner.

The simple answer is no, there is not a way to do that. If you are offended by a post though, you can report it to the hosts using the triangle... if it violates the guidelines, the hosts will take care of it.

What might not be any interest to you, might be of interest to many of US :p

It happens on the majority of message boards... you have this many people together and not everyone will have the same opinion, not everyone will agree... not everyone will have the same tone, etc. It's best if it bothers you, to just skip over it... for instance, you can pretty much know that 3 pages into a topic, the question was answered on page one... and just skip the rest :D

I am amused at the people who think it's tacky to bring food to a show, but will type for hours telling you how to smuggle booze in. I find that to be tackier than a little nibblein a showroom.

Bottom line is if you don't follow all the rules yourself, pipe down and mind your own business and maybe stop judging people also.

Thanks very much

I am amused at the people who think it's tacky to bring food to a show, but will type for hours telling you how to smuggle booze in. I find that to be tackier than a little nibblein a showroom.

Bottom line is if you don't follow all the rules yourself, pipe down and mind your own business and maybe stop judging people also.

Thanks very much

I said it was tacky.. and I have never typed for hours telling anyone how to smuggle booze in (and I don't recall Liv or Vicki doing it either)_. Not everything can be painted with the same broad brush :rolleyes:

Bottom line, if I am trying to enjoy the show and someone sits down next to me and starts chowing down on their dinner, I have a problem with it... it takes away from my experience... and I have a right to say something about it. There is a reason they don't allow food in showrooms :rolleyes:

Talk about minding someone's business...

Thanks very much

Well if I bring a plate o' buffet into the showroom everyone will see it and know it's out of place, but if I'm sitting on the lido with my bubba keg no on will know the difference so IMO you're trying to compare apples and oranges.

Interesting conversation.... I will try to get into the spirit of it.

Livtojump... you slime sucking pig.... :eek:

Ok seriously now... :)

Tacky to bring food to a show... yeah, that probably is

Tacky to smuggle booze onto the ship.... yeah... that probably is too

Tacky to put room service sandwiches in baggies and take them on shore excisions... yeah.. also tacky

Tacky to wear less than full formal wear to a formal function... yeah ... that is pretty tacky

Tacky to wear a cheek floss thong when you weigh 300 lbs... ok that is beyond tacky, that is a federal crime!

I guess what I am trying to say here, is that everyone on these forums ( except for Derf ) has probably done something tacky on a cruise ship, except me, cause I have not been on a cruise ship yet.

You aren’t wrong about the secretiveness of your tackiness in hiding your booze in your bubba keg ( I may do the same thing ) but yeah, it is still tacky.

On a personal level I agree with you, and I wont bring food into the Show, or wear less than formal wear at a formal event, or wear cheek floss ( even though I don’t weigh 300lb yet ) and I wont baggie sandwiches to smuggle off the ship either. I probably will bring some booze, have not decided yet.

But I do see what the other poster was saying..... poorly

Archived