What Happens to the Food??

Scooters

I saw quite a number of people in bathing suits in the buffet lines. Men with no shirts, and women in bikinis. Most of them were early 30ish or younger and fit. Does it matter if they are in good shape and too lazy to go find their clothes to put on?

I found it odd, but I figured they were tanning on the Lido and were hungry and went to grab something to eat. The buffet is more casual anyways, and some sit outside.

The discussion about pit hair is interesting, but isn't an arm hair or head hair just as likely to fall out and wind up in the food? Any kind of hair in food is gross, IMO.

The discussion about pit hair is interesting, but isn't an arm hair or head hair just as likely to fall out and wind up in the food? Any kind of hair in food is gross, IMO.

True, but pit hair and pubes fall into a very special category of "gross".:eek:

BTW - I'm okay with tank tops in the buffet line - at least that person bothered to put a shirt on. I was raised to believe that you come to the dinner table fully clothed and hatless, no matter where you are.

Where does the food go after the fish are "done" with it? And what if they were serving fish that day? I mean, I can see them eating chicken or frog legs, but tunas shouldn't be eating tunas.:eek:

(the pitcher winds up and tosses in a slow pitch, right in the middle of the strike zone) Take it away, AVC............

Where does the food go after the fish are "done" with it? And what if they were serving fish that day? I mean, I can see them eating chicken or frog legs, but tunas shouldn't be eating tunas.:eek:.

Do you believe we should be breathing in what others breath out.

So, please let me get this straight with y'alls help-

1) Can I bring food into the showroom if I have the munchies from all the smuggled booze I drank and really needed by 8th full meal of the day? Is that completely tacky if I've already completed another tacky task?

2) Should I share my Magic Powder with all the men without shaved underarms in line at the buffet or the possible "strays" from bathing suits or thongs? Would that be considered tacky?

3) Couldn't I ask the chef to make me some sandwiches for my excursions with all the leftover food prior to them making fish food out of it?

Thanks so much! :)

True, but pit hair and pubes fall into a very special category of "gross".:eek:

BTW - I'm okay with tank tops in the buffet line - at least that person bothered to put a shirt on. I was raised to believe that you come to the dinner table fully clothed and hatless, no matter where you are.

Where does the food go after the fish are "done" with it? And what if they were serving fish that day? I mean, I can see them eating chicken or frog legs, but tunas shouldn't be eating tunas.:eek:

(the pitcher winds up and tosses in a slow pitch, right in the middle of the strike zone) Take it away, AVC............

I'll bet all the "Mrs. Tuna's" would disagree.... It would reduce competition amongst the breeding stock. Oh wait, they'd be eating tuna that already is dead, so that theory is incorrect. Never mind.

Well, I've never:D ....... even thought that someone would be so inconsiderate as to bring in a plate of food to a show. But then again, I think that is topped by the shirtless shoeless clown we were standing next to in the buffet line on the Lido deck. Pit hair in your macaroni salad, anyone.......

How true, unfortunately!! :(

First cruise on the Miracle we say the same thing. A 300+ pound fellow with the atypical wife beater tank top, swim trunks hiked up to you know where and no footware who was butting in the buffet line while stress-testing the weight limit of the plates with whatever he could grab.

My wife and I were enjoying our lunch until we saw this. What really grosses me out is the no footwear thing. Some people need to wear shoes!!!!! This guy had those kind of feet that are crusty and yellow, with toenails 3 or 4 shades of green & black. And he didn't walk, he kinda shuffled everywhere. When he did pick up his foot, the bottoms of his feet were completely black. Even more disgusting is knowing he jumped right back into the pool after he was done devouring the buffet.

YUCK!!!!!! :eek:

P.S. AVC: Who is in the picture of your avatar? Kinds looks like Einstein in the Alps.

This guy had those kind of feet that are crusty and yellow, with toenails 3 or 4 shades of green & black. And he didn't walk, he kinda shuffled everywhere. When he did pick up his foot, the bottoms of his feet were completely black. Even more disgusting is knowing he jumped right back into the pool after he was done devouring the buffet.

YUCK!!!!!! :eek:

P.S. AVC: Who is in the picture of your avatar? Kinds looks like Einstein in the Alps.

Ok, that is just sick and wrong. As Goin' asked previously, where do these people come from? Tell me that this isn't a common occurance on the other cruiselines and I'll have a good idea why some people think those of us who really like CCL and their product offerings are a bunch of hillbilly yokels:mad:

The avatar is actually Peter Sellers disguised as a pirate in Revenge of the Pink Panther. I think I'll add his line from the movie when he was disguised as such to my signature line:D

Here's one that I haven't seen posted.

What happens to the extra food?

Obviously, they can estimate, but you never know how many will want prime rib and how many will want the fish dinner in the dining room. There has to be a fair amount of extra stuff each night.

Does the rest of the food go to the crew, or how is it handled?

Generally, what type of food is served to the crew??

Everyone worked very hard for us on our trip. I hope their food is better than their pay!!!

I just got off the Ecstasy a couple of weeks ago and on the galley tour the maitre' d told us that the excess food is ground up and "released" out into the sea to feed the animals. The only stipulation is they have to be at least 12 miles out.

Here's one that I haven't seen posted.

What happens to the extra food?

Obviously, they can estimate, but you never know how many will want prime rib and how many will want the fish dinner in the dining room. There has to be a fair amount of extra stuff each night.

Does the rest of the food go to the crew, or how is it handled?

Generally, what type of food is served to the crew??

Everyone worked very hard for us on our trip. I hope their food is better than their pay!!!

Scooters has asked a legitimate question. Can we get back on topic here?!

I'm not sure what they do with leftover food today. Years and years ago the food was actually put in plastic trash bags and thrown overboard at night. I've no doubt that has stopped (for environmental reasons as well as from a cost perspective). I had been told back in 1976 (my first cruise) that the crew eats differently than the passengers. I doubt that that is the case anymore (I certainly hope it isn't). I for one hope that the crew does get to enjoy at least some of the abundance that we passengers enjoy every day.

Anyone out there with more current information?

I have done my level best on every cruise to insure that there is no leftover food. I can do no more.

All humans are judgemental 100% of the time about everything and everybody. It is unchangeable and uncontrollable. I don't know why we try to deny a universal trait.

Being right does not make the other person "judgemental" while you're not.

Its normal, human and it is essential to our lives. Admit and live with it.

A completely judgemental,

Dan

I'm not sure what they do with leftover food today. Years and years ago the food was actually put in plastic trash bags and thrown overboard at night. I've no doubt that has stopped (for environmental reasons as well as from a cost perspective). I had been told back in 1976 (my first cruise) that the crew eats differently than the passengers. I doubt that that is the case anymore (I certainly hope it isn't). I for one hope that the crew does get to enjoy at least some of the abundance that we passengers enjoy every day.

Anyone out there with more current information?

Er, read the post above yours :cool:

Food like matter is neither created or destroyed.

On my cruise last week, I saw just about everything in the buffet line....but the worst is when someone picks something up with their hand and eats it right there in line. I also notice several people walking and eating....like pizza, bagels, etc.

Years and years ago the food was actually put in plastic trash bags and thrown overboard at night.

When I was in the Navy we used to throw the trash off of the fantail which was in plastic bags. I knew it was wrong but I was only following orders

I certainly feel your frustration, especially after reading that a majority of the posts on the actual subject matter that seem to report that the leftovers are a) used for various dishes in the buffet line, or b) ground up and deposited overboard after the ship is greater than 12 miles from landfall. My further frustration comes when I actually read that those reporting this information have received it from talking to staff members on the ship.

It's a real issue around here I'll tell you, I once asked a legitimate question about the smoking age on CCL ships, and somehow, it went to heck in a handbasket;)

Archived