What Happens to the Food??

Scooters

Tack is as tacky does. i have to agree that bringing a plate of food into a show is pretty tacky. M&M's - acceptable....Prime Rib - tacky.

Liv & Chris....don't think I'm tacky, but I would NEVER put you guys on ignore! (AVC on the other hand....:p )

Livtojump... you slime sucking pig.... :eek:

You aren’t wrong about the secretiveness of your tackiness in hiding your booze in your bubba keg ( I may do the same thing ) but yeah, it is still tacky.

But I do see what the other poster was saying..... poorly

I'll take that as a compliment.

Never said it wasn't tacky but at least no one will know.

Never claimed to be tactful either...

Im glad you took it that way... cause although I was disagreeing with you in a minor way, on the whole I do agree.

Coolestwife I would respond too but I have put her on my ingore list for calling me remonortsA ;)

Yeah I am tacky in some ways and not in others. I am bringing on 3 bottles of wine for the 2 formal dinners and one for Davids Supper club. When asked how I would carry them in, I figured I would open them in my stateroom, put them in a brown paper bag and then stagger in. ;)

Seriously though, I dont think bringing wine intot he dining room is tacky at all. I will be brining much better wine to my taste, ( for a lot less moeny ) then they will have on board.

Now the little bit of rum that I smuggle in, might be tacky :eek:

Darn it!!!

You know I wouldnt ignore you.... very often ;)

Im getting silly, and stir crazy... Im going to complain to Carnival that their customer service department is not moving the calendar fast enough. :eek:

remonortsA

Tack is as tacky does. i have to agree that bringing a plate of food into a show is pretty tacky. M&M's - acceptable....Prime Rib - tacky.

Liv & Chris....don't think I'm tacky, but I would NEVER put you guys on ignore! (AVC on the other hand....:p )

Well, I've never:D ....... even thought that someone would be so inconsiderate as to bring in a plate of food to a show. But then again, I think that is topped by the shirtless shoeless clown we were standing next to in the buffet line on the Lido deck. Pit hair in your macaroni salad, anyone.......

Well, I've never:D ....... even thought that someone would be so inconsiderate as to bring in a plate of food to a show. But then again, I think that is topped by the shirtless shoeless clown we were standing next to in the buffet line on the Lido deck. Pit hair in your macaroni salad, anyone.......

UGH!!!!! What in the world is it that causes people to lose SENSE??? And to be completely disgusting!!!! UGH!!!! :eek:

....sooo.... I'm guessing that shirtless, shoeless and wearing a Speedo is frowned upon in the buffet line! ;)

Would I be lambasted if I were to wear, say, a tank top and flip flops to the buffet line?

Not being facetious, just have never been on a cruise ship and am somewhat unsure where my uniform of the day (board shorts, tank and flops) are acceptable....

I do now understand that packing a slab of prime rib to the comedy show is probably not cool.....

I do now understand that packing a slab of prime rib to the comedy show is probably not cool.....

Prime rib no Secondary rib OK.

Now wasn't Eve made of Adam's rib. So bringing you Wife is like bringing your rib.

Well, I have watched this thing progress for awhile now, and guess I will add my two cents, not that it matters. If you have to bring something on a plate to the show room, where do you intend to put it? I can just see the guy next to me with his napkin tucked into his collar, steak knife and fork clutched in his paws.....Gimme a BREAK!!!!! LMAO

And I agree with Brenda, I could care less what they do with the leftovers, I ain't gonna go hungry, and if I liked it at dinner, I'll be first in line to get it from the buffet too!

They also feed the leftovers to the fish--reallY! On another cruiseline, the chef told us that the uneaten food that cannot be re-served (is on someone's plate, has sat too long on buffet, dropped on floor, etc) is ground and dumped into the ocean for the fish.

Honest!

CeleBrat

They also feed the leftovers to the fish--reallY! On another cruiseline, the chef told us that the uneaten food that cannot be re-served (is on someone's plate, has sat too long on buffet, dropped on floor, etc) is ground and dumped into the ocean for the fish.

Honest!

CeleBrat

No wonder fish caught during deep sea fishing is so tasty!

....sooo.... I'm guessing that shirtless, shoeless and wearing a Speedo is frowned upon in the buffet line! ;)

Would I be lambasted if I were to wear, say, a tank top and flip flops to the buffet line?

Not being facetious, just have never been on a cruise ship and am somewhat unsure where my uniform of the day (board shorts, tank and flops) are acceptable....

Sorry OP, off-topic.....

A valid question Jack. Personally, I don't care to see someone's hairy armpits when I'm eating, or while watching them reach into a serving dish for this or that, so I would say a big no to a tank top. Flip flops? I don't think anyone would have an issue with them. (Funny, I don't have this issue with sleeveless shirts on woman, but then again I haven't typically seen Weigela bush-like hair under the arms of the ladies)

NOTE: My opinion pertains strictly to the non-formal dining options available on vessels.

cool.... so if I shave my armpits it's OK to wear a tank top in the buffet line??

Are there specific rules on what you can wear to the buffet? A couple of opinions from passengers who don't like tank tops I can understand, and to those I can always say "oh well" !! But if wearing tank tops is against the rules, I'll pack extra long sleeve shirts......

In fact, that may be a good idea for everyone on a cruise ship in 90 degree heat in the Caribbean, especially those particular few that have a huge blog of fat hanging off the bottom of their arms!.... nothing like watching a line of perspiration dripping off that mass into the potato salad!!! :eek:

cool.... so if I shave my armpits it's OK to wear a tank top in the buffet line??

As long as there aren't any globs of Sure falling into the food.

How about some stray hairs peeking out of your bathing suit.

How about hairy armpits, flabby sweaty arms, speedo with pubes sticking out and a non-filtered Viceroy burning away!

Now, if I see someone like that in the buffet line, I may have to take a picture!!!

Ummmmm, all I can say is GAG!!! lol

Now I am starting to wonder about all of the buffet restaurants here on land, I may never eat at Golden Corral again!!

Ewwww...you should never have eaten there in the first place :eek: :p

Archived