Back from Conquest 6/4 - 6/11/06 alotta good 1 bad!

miktams

LHP!!! Thanks so much for the info I will definately buy a drink or 2 for the host (their choice of course) and appreciate all your feed back you put my mind at ease. I know our group thats sailing with us is so looking forward to doing the karaoke thing!!! Thanks again!!:)

I was on this cruise. Your daughter wouldn't happen to be a nurse? I think I met her. I was at Karaoke every night but the first one. I thought Vinz did a good job.

in response to all of everyone one comments

I do agree that people in the service business do have a difficult job no matter what the service may be whether it is a high paying job down to a minium wage job we are all people, have different personalities and all for sure have "bad days". we gave him a chance thinking that he might of had a bad day.We continued to go to his show every night and was early to get good seats my daughter loves to sing (who is 25 by the way) and after the first nite he got to the point that he would skip her time and time again and when she did finally get to sing he would shot out the 2min time limit and only hold to it for her and the next 2 performers following her then everyone after would sing the entire song and when he did not have any performers he would sing himself. instead of letting our daughter who typically had 3 to 4 song slips filled out every night. so we continued to go night after night thinking it would get better and it never did until thursday night he skipped her again and it upset her so bad she did try to talk to him. and he didnt want to hear it at all he made her cry and we did talk to the purser as well as the cruise director. they then said it would be handled if it was great, if not ok it is not going to keep us away from carnival by no means i just think he is in the wrong business. as far as his sarcasim i can handle that fine i am a pretty sarcastic person myself but i know when to be and when to stop. Vinz started picking on a lady pretty hard and it was funny for awhile but he just kept on and on you could tell it made her very uneasy and the biggest man i have ever seen up close and off a nfl football feild stood up and told Vinz enough was enough. and he did stop. i do have to say as well we are not the only group to complain as there were several other complaints even before ours was made thursday. i was just courious if anyone else has had the same experience or were we just obnoxious folk from louisiana?

My Conquest Capers for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday say "Please note that Karaoke is for guest who are 18 years and over."

Thank you I stand corrected. However, if the host did not enforce the rule then why did he let the girl sing. However to be fair the gal should followed the rules in the first place

Thank you I stand corrected. However, if the host did not enforce the rule then why did he let the girl sing. However to be fair the gal should followed the rules in the first place

I understood as momof4boys did, that the daughter was 25. The OP can set us straight if we misunderstood.

TKPOTERSAT,

I know this is not about the topic, but I just wanted to say I know how you feel about working with the public. I started in 1992 in a job where I dealt with the public all day. It's just like you said, I made alot of good friends, but lately the bad eggs are outweighing the good. I don't know where alot of people's manners have gone (if they had them in the first place)! I have been cussed out, spit on, and just down-right rudely treated to name just a few (and this was on a daily basis). When I realized life is too short to have a job that I hated getting up and going to everyday, I had the opportunity to go to work in a "closed" pharmacy where you don't have to deal with the public. I jumped at it, and it's the best move I ever made! I am no longer stressed out and unhappy. If you have a job you hate, it affects you more than the 8 hours you are there, believe me!

Now back to the topic....;)

Yep, Customer service is hard work - that was the only point I was really trying to make. I make very good money though, so I just have to suck it up so I can support my kids and continue to go on the cruises that I love so much.

To the OP. I was not picking on people from Louisiana, that is just where the group happened to be from that was causing a lot of problems. If they had been from Texas I would have posted just the same.

The only time Vince cut anyone off on our cruise was when he needed to get to the Legends auditions, since Karoake only runs for a certain amount of time. I don't know of ANYONE on our cruise that got to sing 3-4 songs a night and it was pretty much the same group of cruisers that seemed to show up to watch every night. It is unfortunate if he happened to upset someone, I doubt that he set out to hurt someone's feeling on purpose. He did mention on our cruise that he was new, so he might still be adjusting to the job.

Thanks for the update, thought we'd do Drs Cave Beach, already reserved Captain Bryan's catamaran for a 3 stop snorkle, 1 stop SRC + 2 more (did SRC back in 02), going to see Tom at PB in Coz.

I see you updated your sig, going again already? Sounds great. Talk to you later. :D

Yep, looks like I talked my mom into going and we both talked my granny who is 77 to go on her first cruise!! So excited, and this will be my first balcony room.......So if anyone is going on the 9/28/06 Ecstasy drop me a line!!

Slick, hope you have a great time on your cruise!!

We took our family of 7 on this cruise:

Me, wife, daughter 25, her husband, daughters 19, 13 and sister 29 Has anyone else ever experienced problems like these?

Carnival Destiny 5/18/1997

Carnival Conquest 6/04/2006

I did not know if the OP was talking about the daughter that was 25 OR the daughter that was 19 OR the daughter that was 13. Of course the 19 and 25 year old would be able to participate. However, the 13 year old would not have been....unless it was at the family karaoke time.

I did not know if the OP was talking about the daughter that was 25 OR the daughter that was 19 OR the daughter that was 13.

From the OP's post #15

We continued to go to his show every night and was early to get good seats my daughter loves to sing (who is 25 by the way) and after the first nite he got to the point that he would skip her time and time again and when she did finally get to sing he would shot out the 2min time limit and only hold to it for her and the next 2 performers following her then everyone after would sing the entire song and when he did not have any performers he would sing himself.

And what's wrong with Karaoke every night?? :eek: I happen to love to sing and so do all of my friends I am sure we will be in the Karaoke bar at least 5 nts of our 7 day trip!!! If its not your cup of tea so be it, but for alot of folks it is!!! Here back home we used to go 3 to 4 times a week. So you see if that was his daughters wish to sing on the ship its her vacation and she should be able to do it!!! :D

Another note, I will be on Conquest 8/27/06 and if we're are told to cut our songs short I can tell you now I will be upset. Most songs are 2-3 mins tops and most everywhere we go back home people wait nearly an hour to sing one song during the night. So not being able to complete the song would be upsetting to say the least. If the host has time to sing multiple songs then each guest should be able to complete a full song as well. Does anyone know wether or not the DJ was expecting tips did this perhaps influence (though it shouldn't) the way he treated the guests??

Note to self...she like to sing and is on the same cruise we are. Should be entertaining.

From the OP's post #15

We continued to go to his show every night and was early to get good seats my daughter loves to sing (who is 25 by the way) and after the first nite he got to the point that he would skip her time and time again and when she did finally get to sing he would shot out the 2min time limit and only hold to it for her and the next 2 performers following her then everyone after would sing the entire song and when he did not have any performers he would sing himself.

Thanks for the heads up. I missed that post somehow (so much for all that money I spent on the speed reading course...LOL!)

Of course, I wasn't there and we will never know the "rest of the story". The only time I have ever seen a karaoke host skip someone is if they signed up 15,000 times....to allow everyone the opportunity to sing at least once. But if there were no performers (indictated by the fact that the karaoke host himself was singing) ... then her singing 15,000 times should not have been a problem. If no one signs up, those willing to sing should be able to do so as much as they want to.

Hopefully, since others have indicated they had a great time with Victor, it was just an off week for him. Everyone has them. It is a shame when it happens on your cruise though.

Glad the OP enjoyed the rest of their cruise.

Archived