e-documents

e-docs are electronic documents. in a nut shell, your ticketets are sent to you via e-mail and you print them out. i don't know of one being better than the other, just some travel agents way of getting it delivered. it consists of about 9 pages and all the info regarding your cruise and policy's are included.

I think it's a money saving device to avoid the postage on what used to be a pretty big packet of tickets, shore excursion brochures & luggage tags. It's not quite as exciting to get an email with your tickets as it was to get the packet. Alternatively, there used to be lots of little forms to fill out which are much easier to do on-line now. Plus the e-documents seem to arrive earlier so you don't have to worry if the tickets will get there in time.

What are e-documents? Are the better than regular tickets? What do you do print everything out?

Dave

electronic tickets are the same as regular ones just sent via email.... just print out the ticket page, luggage tags you get at the pier, just make sure you bring these with you.......

Do the tickets come from the agency that sold you the cruise? My receipt said that I would receive the tickets 5-7 days before leaving, but did not say who was resposible for sending them. At 5 days before the cruise, I will already be on my way to Hawaii, so I hope I receive them before then. I haven't had a clue who to call to ask about this.:confused:

If your agent gives you your reservation number, and you are able to preregister online with it and print it out, then you shouldn't worry about receiving your docs.

I have done several cruises without docs in hand (very late booking), as long as you have preregistered and have ID you can get everything at the pier. Though I suppose a transfer would have been interesting without docs :)

Yes, to repeat....all those fancy documents they once sent via mail are not needed. Register online and show up at the pier.

They got your money.

They got your information.

They just want to get their hands on your credit card to get some more of your money.

Get onboard - we're leaving.

Oh yea, don't forget your spouse. So far, they do not offer replacements onboard.

Accually I find it a faster check in process when you do not have docs in hand. They have a special line for you which is always shorter than the regular line. And before you know it you are onboard. I remember last year on Princess, we got to the pier late and the lines were dramatic. We were put in a line with just one other couple in front of us. I would say that from parking lot to cabin it must have been 20 minutes. I always ask for e-tickets.

Archived