We are back from the Conquest!!!

Brentonsmom

We got back home late last night. All I can say right now is that it was GREAT. I will post a review in a day or so as soon as I get reaquainted with the real world:eek: Weather, food, ship, people, ports, all excellent.

Start thinking of questions because now I can actually answer some.

Tina

We got back home late last night. All I can say right now is that it was GREAT. I will post a review in a day or so as soon as I get reaquainted with the real world:eek: Weather, food, ship, people, ports, all excellent.

Start thinking of questions because now I can actually answer some.

Tina

Did you happen to notice if they had any tanqurey and B&B in the liqour store and if so how much was it?

Robb

Well I can tell you that we were on it in may...no WAY did it feel crowded...sometimes when they would first open up the burger grill in the evening on Lido deck (that would be in the evening time) there would be a pretty good line at FIRST, but would soon clear up. Also, seemed like every now and then you would have to wait a little bit for an open black jack table. But hey....its a HUGE awesome ship..no way it felt crowded to me.....and i dont like crowds so..hope that helps.

We did the 615P dining time, seemed to work for the two times we ate in the dining room!

Well I can tell you that we were on it in may...no WAY did it feel crowded...sometimes when they would first open up the burger grill in the evening on Lido deck (that would be in the evening time) there would be a pretty good line at FIRST, but would soon clear up. Also, seemed like every now and then you would have to wait a little bit for an open black jack table. But hey....its a HUGE awesome ship..no way it felt crowded to me.....and i dont like crowds so..hope that helps.

We did the 615P dining time, seemed to work for the two times we ate in the dining room!

Thanks, that sounds great.

The ship does not feel crowded at all, there is plenty of room. Deck chairs were plentiful. The lines at the buffet can be long but they move quickly. It did get crowded at the photo center on Fri night so get your pics before then or wait until sat morning, they open at 9am that day. Our sailing was sold out but it still didn't seem like there was around 3,000 people on board.

Not sure about the liquor onboard. I went to the liquor store which is in a gift shop. They had alot of stuff but I just browsed and bought some liquor in Jamaica and in Grand Cayman.

We had first seating in Renoir--6:15

Tina

We also had the 6:15pm dinner time in the Monet dining room. We were on the May 14 sailing...
Have they changed the dining times? In December the Monet had 5:45 and 8:00, the Renoir had 6:15 and 8:30. :confused:

Hi Tina,

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great cruise. We will be on her in October. Just a small question - I like to eat fresh-made omelettes in the morning. Do you know if they have an omelette station in the buffet?

Vette

Hi Tina,

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great cruise. We will be on her in October. Just a small question - I like to eat fresh-made omelettes in the morning. Do you know if they have an omelette station in the buffet?

Vette

I can answer that for you. Yes there was an omelet station every day at the buffet. Wish I could order up a ham & cheddar right now! Mmmmm...:D

There are freshly made omlettes available every morning. Mushroom and cheese became my usual.

We had a balcony room-6343. In a very good location.

Go to the first night's show, very good. We also went to the magic show which was good. If you are a past guest, go to the past guest party, great drinks and appetizers. The captains party is good also, more free drinks!! Unless you plan on some extensive shopping at the ports, I wouldn't go to the shopping talk. If you don't have any excursions planned and need some info on the ports, then go to the port talk. Otherwise don't worry about it. All these talks are broadcast on the tv all day, all week anyways.

Tina

My husband and I were on the Conquest in December, and we had first seating in the Monet at 5:45 pm. They must have switched the time for the two restuarants! Makes sense I guess, that way even if you like eating at a certain time, you still get to experience both restaurants. We hoping to go on our second cruise on the Conquest next May. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey Brentsmom,

Which stateroom did you have? My husband, son and myself will be sailing the Conquest in August on our first cruise. We have a stateroom on the Spa deck and have seen only one shot of that room. I would LOVE to see more of the room, but can't find any anywhere. I am getting SO excited and the nights are beginning to become sleepless. I have lots of questions, but want some things to be a surprise.

There are freshly made omlettes available every morning. Mushroom and cheese became my usual.

We had a balcony room-6343. In a very good location.

Go to the first night's show, very good. We also went to the magic show which was good. If you are a past guest, go to the past guest party, great drinks and appetizers. The captains party is good also, more free drinks!! Unless you plan on some extensive shopping at the ports, I wouldn't go to the shopping talk. If you don't have any excursions planned and need some info on the ports, then go to the port talk. Otherwise don't worry about it. All these talks are broadcast on the tv all day, all week anyways.

Tina

Something I noticed on the last day.......they will make eggs over easy by request at the omelette station.

They do not show any movies on the Conquest. The past guest party was either Tues or Wed. Can't remember. Our invitations and our pins were put on our bed the night before. I am leaning towards thinking it wasTuesday.

Tina

Do you know what movies were showing? Also, what night was the past guest party?

Thank you!

Kathleen

Hey there! We'll be on the same ship, same level on the 7/9/06 sail dates! I think we're 6319 or something.

See you there!

Archived