Best Concierge Lounge

We have only used the Concierge Lounge once and that was on Brilliance in April. We had Katherine Valenzuela and she was absolutely wonderful to us. There were six of us and we went there for pre-dinner cocktails and after the first night, she knew what each of us wanted. I wish she would be on the Mariner when we go, then get moved to the Serenade. Those of you who get to have her in the Concierge Lounge on Brilliance are fortunate.

• 2 weeks later...
. Perhaps those who perceived him as being less than helpful were requesting things beyond his ability to accomplish. While I know it is difficult to believe,:D some passengers have been known to be unreasonably demanding and don't appreciate being denied anything. Whether that was the case in the instances you cite, I obviously cannot tell, but I do believe it is a possibility.

I don't know if the Concierge was Mopho, but I never ask for anything, that I don't see. I cruise for fun!:) The conceirge club adds to that fun!

I don't know if the Concierge was Mopho, but I never ask for anything, that I don't see. I cruise for fun!:) The conceirge club adds to that fun!

I agree wholeheartedly:) and have always had good experiences with the concierges on our various cruises. Someone posted that Mpho seemed to pay more attention to his "favorites", which is not something that I saw any of the three times we sailed with him. Among our favorites were Brett (no longer with the cruiseline), Yuri, Mpho, and Giuseppe.:)

This will be our first cruise with RCI. We have booked a Grand Suite (Splendour) so I understand that we will have access to Concierge lounge. My question is , Are we allowed to take our daughters in with us (ages 12 and 10) We would never leave them unattended anywhere let alone a lounge

This will be our first cruise with RCI. We have booked a Grand Suite (Splendour) so I understand that we will have access to Concierge lounge. My question is , Are we allowed to take our daughters in with us (ages 12 and 10) We would never leave them unattended anywhere let alone a lounge

You can bring them in during the day, but during the hours when liquor is being served (usually 5:30 to 9:00pm) children are not allowed in the concierge lounge. Anyway they would probably be bored out of their minds if they were in there more than a few minutes. If they are in the Adventure Ocean program, they will probably be occupied with those activities during the time you might choose to have a beer or a cocktail in the CL.

Is it true they now have different lounges on the larger ships(Diamond Clubs)ETC ?:confused:

At present, only Freedom of the Seas has separate lounges for suite guests and Diamond or Diamond Plus members. The growth in the number of Diamond members has been such, that on the other ships, they often have to open a satellite lounge elsewhere on the ship (Hollywood Odyssey etc). to handle the number of passengers eligible to utilize concierge services. On those ships, suite guests and diamond members are not restricted to separate lounges.:)

We had Francois on Voyager and later on Navigator - I hope he stays put on Freedom, we would love to have him again next month.

I would have to vote for Luis on Adventure as one of the best as well (as you can see by my list - we love that ship and its southern carib voyages).

As far as special lounges, we were on Radiance in February and it was so crowded in the regular lounge that we almost never saw Willie, as we could never get a seat. When we cruised again on Radiance later in the spring, Willie was on vacation, but his stand in (I can't beleive I can not recall her name) was GREAT, and they opened the Hollywood for the evening cocktail hours, which was even better - what a great time we had!

At present, only Freedom of the Seas has separate lounges for suite guests and Diamond or Diamond Plus members. The growth in the number of Diamond members has been such, that on the other ships, they often have to open a satellite lounge elsewhere on the ship (Hollywood Odyssey etc). to handle the number of passengers eligible to utilize concierge services. On those ships, suite guests and diamond members are not restricted to separate lounges.:)

Just returned from 19 June JOS and it was very crowed in the Lounge, so we spent most of our time upstairs..The people seemed more relaxed upstairs.. Just my HO..:D

Julian is the conceige on Enchantment, he's awesome. Guiseppe from what I was told, is still with RCL but not a conceige anymore. He will filling in for Julian while he was on vacation. (We had Guiseppe in January, Julian in June)

Maritza is awesome!

Maritza.....................Hands down...plus I like the lounges on the Radiance class the best

I would have agreed with you before we saw the concierge lounge on the Enchantment and had Giuseppe as our concierge.:)

Julian is the conceige on Enchantment, he's awesome. Guiseppe from what I was told, is still with RCL but not a conceige anymore. He will filling in for Julian while he was on vacation. (We had Guiseppe in January, Julian in June)

Maritza is awesome!

Mary, more info/details on Julian, please! (I'm getting impatient, waiting for Bill's SILs to return and issue their report! ;))

Maritza is not only the best concierge on rccl, but she is the best employee they have on the seas! I think anyone that has had the opportunity to sail with her would say the same thing!

She is the BEST RCCL has to offer!!!

I vote for Willie on the Radiance, he was the best, even had a good bye show the last night for us, he sings and plays to guitar.

My vote is for Willie as well, and we loved the good-bye show also.

Maritza is not only the best concierge on rccl, but she is the best employee they have on the seas! I think anyone that has had the opportunity to sail with her would say the same thing!

She is the BEST RCCL has to offer!!!

Then I hope that they make her Hotel Director on the Explorer, and replace the creeps who are mistreating jrk23 right now! :mad:

We haven't had a bad one yet! but what we do like is when they have a overflow concierge lounge like the Odyssey lounge on the Radiance class. What we don't like is that it is not available on all RCCL ships.

Just got off Jewel and we were very disappointed with Mpho. We spent our evenings in the Champagne Bar, the service was so much better and the hor's oeuvres we edible. In the concierge lounge it was like being in a supermarket. People would come in, get plates of appetizers, a handful of drinks and leave.

Give me Brett, Mariska, Willie, Gershwin or Chris anytime. Jewel was a disappointment.

The lounges are the best, however I am dissapointed that there is NO lounge on the sovereign which I am going on in September but I heard on the Freedom it is going to be crazy. 2 different lounges.

The lounges are the best, however I am dissapointed that there is NO lounge on the sovereign which I am going on in September but I heard on the Freedom it is going to be crazy. 2 different lounges.

Why will having two different lounges (the Concierge Club for suite guests, and the Diamond Club for Diamond and Diamond Plus members) be crazy?

Given the ever increasing number of Diamond members, it seems to be a reasonable solution to reduce the crowding we have experienced on their other ships.:)

sag, until recently, only Radiance and Voyager (and Freedom) class ships had 'em. They added one to the Enchantment in the stretch. It has just been reported that they turned the card room on the Splendour into one. Other than that, no Concierge Lounge. That means Vision Class, Sovereign Class and the Empress don't have one. :)

Just got off Jewel and we were very disappointed with Mpho. We spent our evenings in the Champagne Bar, the service was so much better and the hor's oeuvres we edible. In the concierge lounge it was like being in a supermarket. People would come in, get plates of appetizers, a handful of drinks and leave.

Give me Brett, Mariska, Willie, Gershwin or Chris anytime. Jewel was a disappointment.

Did they have the Vortec lounge going on deck 13? Was Margirita there serving drinks? Mpho........does an adequate job........but is not the best of the best. I think that many of us will admit that..........but we love Mpho.

Sounds like you did the Baltic's trip.......and why do you put so much emphais on the private lounges?

The Jewel is a fine ship..........sorry you find it to be a "disappointment".

We found Mpho and Margarita the "best" of the ship.

Rick

The comment cards & the employee of the cruise which we voted for "Paul" on. The drinks he poured were like 4 of them in a bar. He was great with women & their demanding jobs for him. He booked dinner for us very quickly but he was xeroxing passports eventho the ship had a location for free xeroxing, and I watched him sewing a button for a lady. Another guy in an officer's type uniform showed a few days but never talked. He just sat as the desk as Paul was clearing cups & saucers with dishes to be washed.

Mpho was promoted to Guest Relations (2nd in charge?). The new conceirge is Andrea from South Africa, and she is a pleasure.

Jane

Archived