Best Concierge Lounge

Great! Even the weather has been warm and sunny (in London, even).

Off to the Russian ballet in a few hours...just back from AM Exclusive Hermitage with Gold Room....AWESOME.

But internet is very inconsistent and S...L...O...W.

Jane

The comment cards & the employee of the cruise which we voted for "Paul" on. The drinks he poured were like 4 of them in a bar. He was great with women & their demanding jobs for him. He booked dinner for us very quickly but he was xeroxing passports eventho the ship had a location for free xeroxing, and I watched him sewing a button for a lady. Another guy in an officer's type uniform showed a few days but never talked. He just sat as the desk as Paul was clearing cups & saucers with dishes to be washed.

Just returned from the 19 June cruise, and we made him our star of the cruise. Maybe , we were the ones that put him over the top.. Hope so..!!!:D

Did they have the Vortec lounge going on deck 13? Was Margirita there serving drinks? Mpho........does an adequate job........but is not the best of the best. I think that many of us will admit that..........but we love Mpho.

Yes, the Vortec Lounge was open. Veronica was serving drinks there. She was excellent.

Sounds like you did the Baltic's trip.......and why do you put so much emphais on the private lounges?

No, we did the British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise.

What emphasis? If I was so emphatic about private lounges, I wouldn't have spent so much time (and money) in the Champagne Bar.

The Jewel is a fine ship..........sorry you find it to be a "disappointment".

I didn't say that it isn't. We've sailed all the Radiance class ships and it's our favourite class. Maybe we expected too much of Jewel, but it seemed to lack overall character. It was a very busy cruise, even busier than the Baltic and the Med, so we were always trying to catch up on rest. That may have dulled my appreciation.

My vote goes to Ricky on the Explorer. A courteous, and personable young man. He has proven to be a asset to Royal Caribbean. Always at the ready to oblige with a smile. He went over and above to please, even before we stepped foot up the gangway! His attention to detail made our stay the most memorable yet!

I understand he will be leaving in a few short weeks to further his studies. My best to him with all his future endeavors. He truly will be missed.

Thank you Ricky and Thank you RCCL for providing us with a Concierge Lounge.

Guiseppe was the best we had. He said he was going to be in Europe this summer, I think the Splendor, so he could be close to home.

He was just wonderful. We were on the Crown and Anchor Cruise on the Enchantment in January, so there were many diamonds and diamond pluses. He was very accomodating to everyone. I just wanted to take him home.

Sorry we are going to miss Ricky on the Explorer, he sounds great also.

Another vote here for Guiseppe, he was the best and so cute!!!

We had Francois on the Navigator and did not like him at all, very rude to our family. We walked in one day at 4:50 with our then 9 yr old son just to get a coffee, and he rudely said "no kids in here after 5pm" We said, "We know, it is not 5pm yet. Since we had first seating, one night I went into the lounge at

around 8:15pm to get a glass of wine. He said "We close at 8:30, and don't take that out of this room". I said, "I know, it is not 8:30 yet" Very rude.

Another vote here for Guiseppe, he was the best and so cute!!!

We had Francois on the Navigator and did not like him at all, very rude to our family. We walked in one day at 4:50 with our then 9 yr old son just to get a coffee, and he rudely said "no kids in here after 5pm" We said, "We know, it is not 5pm yet. Since we had first seating, one night I went into the lounge at

around 8:15pm to get a glass of wine. He said "We close at 8:30, and don't take that out of this room". I said, "I know, it is not 8:30 yet" Very rude.

Frenchie does not really like kids, that's true. He hates it when the "trash his lounge." He can come across as rude, but once you get to know him, he's very personable and funny.

Mpho was promoted to Guest Relations (2nd in charge?). The new conceirge is Andrea from South Africa, and she is a pleasure.

Jane

Interesting to see that Mpho is now second in command of Guest Relations. Who took over Jana Peters job as Guest Relations manager?

I think with a little authority.......Mpho will do an excellent job in that postition.

Rick

i am reading this thread with interest i am to be a diamond member soon. What does the concierge offer, i understand free drink but what types is it wines spirits and soft drinks, apart from drinks what else can we expect here. any info appreciated thank you

Maritza is not only the best concierge on rccl, but she is the best employee they have on the seas! I think anyone that has had the opportunity to sail with her would say the same thing!

She is the BEST RCCL has to offer!!!

I ABSOLUTELY agree with this!

That said, Andrea who is currently on Jewel OTS has great potential as does Katherine from Brilliance. They are both new to the concierge position, but have the right personality, attitude and ability. We have really enjoyed sailing with both of them.

Tonight it will be back to cooking, serving and cleaning up after ourselves. For now, we are easing into reality with the breakfast buffet at Hampton Inn/Logan Airport. Then we will have to find a route home that doesn't involve the tunnel closed due to the Big Dig ceiling tile fiasco that killed a lady a few days ago....back to reality.

Jane, not quite back home from 7/1/06 Jewel sailing

i am reading this thread with interest i am to be a diamond member soon. What does the concierge offer, i understand free drink but what types is it wines spirits and soft drinks, apart from drinks what else can we expect here. any info appreciated thank you

I enjoyed "Andrea's special" which was a form of Cosmopolitan made with (mostly) vodka, cranberry juice and OJ. My DH had Jameson or martinis. I also had champaged several nights. The concierge lounge was a peaceful place with panoramic views to grab some smoked salmon, bagels, juice, muffins, fresh fruit, etc along with a latte before our shore excursions. I also liked grabbing a cup of hot herbal tea or decaf capuccino just before bed.

Jane

Interesting to see that Mpho is now second in command of Guest Relations. Who took over Jana Peters job as Guest Relations manager?

I think with a little authority.......Mpho will do an excellent job in that postition.

Rick

Sorry, Rick, I didn't see this question until just now. I don't have an answer for you, but I may have saved the Compass in my checked luggage. I'll let you know, if I come across it once I get home and unpack.

Jane

• 5 months later...

As lots of OP have said, Maritza is fabulous!! It's pretty obvious why she ahs won employee of the year. We heard good things about Ricardo on the Mariner from a cruiser who was posting while on the ship. He will be our concierge on 1/21 -- the week before he goes on vacation.

Archived