Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

There will be one on your bed every evening for the next day. And the first ones will be in your cabin when you board!

You can pick up extra copies of the Capers at the purser's desk. I like to get an extra each day so I can write on one and save the other to take home.

The Destiny had a secret spot all the way forward on deck 7. You had to go through 2 unmarked doors. It was pitch black out there, could really see the stars. You could look back and see the captain above you. I guess thats why it was dark there, so they can see where they are going. (even tho its all computerized)

I'm sure they must have similar spots on other ships as well. Just go as far forward as you can on the 5,6.7 or 8th decks and check it out. I never thought about checking the Legend last Sept but i will on the Miracle in May!!!!;)

ok, i know i hate doing laundry, especially on vacation. I find it easier to pack half the clothes I need so there's more room in my suitcase for souvenirs, so I'll do a load of laundry on the ship. I know it costs, but since it's mainly shorts, undies, socks, tshirts, and tanks - it's a light load. Done that before and it helps me if I did it late at night. I wouldn't have to go nuts when I get home and do a ton of laundry. Plus, I have to work the next day after getting home from vacation.:( I also am packing snacks, like organic cookies and regular chips. Last cruise, I even packed a bunch of bottled water.

ok, i know i hate doing laundry, especially on vacation. I find it easier to pack half the clothes I need so there's more room in my suitcase for souvenirs, so I'll do a load of laundry on the ship. I know it costs, but since it's mainly shorts, undies, socks, tshirts, and tanks - it's a light load. Done that before and it helps me if I did it late at night. I wouldn't have to go nuts when I get home and do a ton of laundry. Plus, I have to work the next day after getting home from vacation.:( I also am packing snacks, like organic cookies and regular chips. Last cruise, I even packed a bunch of bottled water.

Question about this... Since it costs to do a load of laundry on board, are the machines coin operated or can you use your S&S card?

Also, do they sell detergent on board, or will I be able to bring it after purchasing it on shore?

Question about this... Since it costs to do a load of laundry on board, are the machines coin operated or can you use your S&S card?

Also, do they sell detergent on board, or will I be able to bring it after purchasing it on shore?

they are coin operated, you purchase detergent and quarters at purser's office. or you can pruchase it onshore. but it's convenient for me so i don't have so much laundry at home.

they are coin operated, you purchase detergent and quarters at purser's office. or you can pruchase it onshore. but it's convenient for me so i don't have so much laundry at home.

Yeah, I hate doing laundry at home right after vacation. We usually travel with our timeshare, which allows us to do all our laundry every day on vacation. Having that option on a cruise will allow us pack light and will just be nice in general.

Although not actually in the mini bar, the big water bottle on the desk is charged for on your bill.

Great tip: Buy a whole bunch of water bottles before you sail (Walmart Specials) and place them in a suit case to be loaded on the ship. Don't try and carry them on. I also went out in Nassau and found a small grocery store for water bottles (50 cents each). The small water bottles on board are $2.35 each.

Although not actually in the mini bar, the big water bottle on the desk is charged for on your bill.

Great tip: Buy a whole bunch of water bottles before you sail (Walmart Specials) and place them in a suit case to be loaded on the ship. Don't try and carry them on. I also went out in Nassau and found a small grocery store for water bottles (50 cents each). The small water bottles on board are $2.35 each.

I know they would charge you for that water and it's outrageous. I brought at least half a case with me, I didn't use much for I drank tea on my last cruise. We went through Tropical Storm Matthew in October 2005. That's my son's name, go figure. lol:D It made the suitcase heavy, but it's worth it. Drank it in New Orleans.

Also, thanks for all the wonderful tips. You are all AWESOME!

I do want a ship towel though. They are nice. Oh well.

We found out about this the Hard way as one of my family figured it wasnt in the fridge so it was free..LOL

Not to be ugly but I agree with MrLee. I don't think too highly of ppl lying to get ahead of everyone else. I can bet those that lie about "reasons" for getting off faster, are under 35. Think of the 60-70s ppl that take their turn standing in line. Sorry, but I do find that kind of behavior rather tasteless and uncaring.

Oh, I have to disagree here. Age makes no difference. I can't count the # of times I have been somewhere and an "older" person has cut in front of me or done something else rude. I always make a comment, and a few times I have been told that they were "entitled" to do what they did *because* they were old. :rolleyes:

IMO, making such sweeping generalizations about *any* particular age group is downright "tasteless and uncaring". :mad:

It will mostlikely kill the fish that are eating it, besides it is harming the ecological balance of the reef, so if you really like the fish and the reef you should NOT:eek: feed the fish so they can live a long time for everybody to see them!

Nonsense... you can feed the fish. A handful or two of cornflakes is NOT going to hurt the reef.

Hi,

We have been in inside staterooms as well as balcony rooms. There are always 2 robes in the closet for your use. (It's always just the two of us so I don't know if you had a room with 3 people sharing there would be three) My understanding is that they are like the towels, you leave them when you go and if you take them you are charged for them.

Archived