Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

Hi, we're leaving on the 15th aboard the Legend. We booked Guaranteed Inside and got upgraded to French door/obstructed view outside. Has anyone had one of these cabins? I saw a picture on another site and it said that on some ships the door is locked so you can't open it.

Is there a railing on the outside if you can open the door? Is it like a mini balcony? Very confused but happy to be able to see the water :p , I don't care if I have to squat down and look under the lifeboat.

sea ya!

mb

We bought some two way radios ON the ship last week. We bought the 17 mile radius ones. They worked just great on the ship AND in the ports. Only had to switch channels twice in the whole week. I found them to be very handy.

Kim

Hey Kim - how much were the radios that you bought on-board?

Thanks,

Shellie

Protocrone...We have had that type of cabin twice. Sorry no balcony, its just a door instead of a window.Some are locked some are not..I opened ours just to see if I could.

Marty

Hi, we're leaving on the 15th aboard the Legend. We booked Guaranteed Inside and got upgraded to French door/obstructed view outside. Has anyone had one of these cabins? I saw a picture on another site and it said that on some ships the door is locked so you can't open it.

Is there a railing on the outside if you can open the door? Is it like a mini balcony? Very confused but happy to be able to see the water :p , I don't care if I have to squat down and look under the lifeboat.

sea ya!

mb

which cabin are you going to be in? We are going a different week but have a 7a obstructed balcony room and I was curious about this, too...We are in 5163. I am preparing myself not to be able to open the doors so I won't be disappointed!

which cabin are you going to be in? We are going a different week but have a 7a obstructed balcony room and I was curious about this, too...We are in 5163. I am preparing myself not to be able to open the doors so I won't be disappointed!

You will have a balcony. The doors will open. You will just have something obstructing your view....probably a lifeboat. But you will be able to walk out onto your balcony.

There are several different methods of getting you off the ship in tender ports. On some of the older ships ie... Elation and Inspiration, they stick a colored dot on your shirt when you meet for your ship booked tour. They let the people with colored dots off the ship first. Go to Wal Mart and buy a pad of assorted colored dots. When they are loading the tenders from the ship, get in line and paste your own dot on your shirt. We have gotten off the ship near the front of the line every time. We have used green, blue and orange dots in the past.

Good Luck!!

I bet you are also the type that steals candybars from the Dollar Store.......

I love reading all the info people have from their past cruise experiences, EXCEPT for the things that they know are just plain wrong. Why do they think that it's fine for them to leave the ship with people who are going on excursions, when they are not going? What if everyone went out to Walmart and bought those little dots, so they could get in a line they should not be in? Why do they think they are better than everyone else, and that they are entitled? It's as if they think, "let everyone else wait". It's like the people who cut in line, in a car, at the grocery store, waiting to board or leave the ship. They seem to think the rules apply to everyone else. And if they have kids, that's really a good thing to show them! Give me a break! Does getting off the ship a few minutes early really mean that much to you? You're on vacation. And everyone wonders why so many countries don't like Americans. It's because of behavior like this. You should be ashamed of yourselves...

I love reading all the info people have from their past cruise experiences, EXCEPT for the things that they know are just plain wrong. Why do they think that it's fine for them to leave the ship with people who are going on excursions, when they are not going? What if everyone went out to Walmart and bought those little dots, so they could get in a line they should not be in? Why do they think they are better than everyone else, and that they are entitled? It's as if they think, "let everyone else wait". It's like the people who cut in line, in a car, at the grocery store, waiting to board or leave the ship. They seem to think the rules apply to everyone else. And if they have kids, that's really a good thing to show them! Give me a break! Does getting off the ship a few minutes early really mean that much to you? You're on vacation. And everyone wonders why so many countries don't like Americans. It's because of behavior like this. You should be ashamed of yourselves...

I couldn't have said it better! :)

Hi-I know people were asking for a consolidated list and there was a link posted on the page before this, but a different consolidated list is found in post #1104 on this thread. It's from July 18th, 2006. I have it printed out and took it to Target a week ago to use as a shopping list for my upcoming cruise. There are many things on there that are common sense and some that (in my opinion) aren't even necessary, but you all can print the list and decide for yourselves what works and what doesn't work for you. I found the list to be extremely helpful.

A few more that I wrote on my list that were not already included but that other people had mentioned are:

-bungee cords for keeping balcony door open

-power strip/extension cord

-over the door plastic shoe holder to organize all your "stuff"

-downy wrinkle release

-collapsible soft-sided cooler for your room (apparently room stewards will keep it full of ice for your soda, water, alcohol)

-ziploc bags of various sizes for carrying wet items, sandy items, or taking snacks/sandwiches into port

-refrigerator magnets for balcony door (apparently this keeps A/C running while door is open)

-collapsible 10 or 11x13 box to keep capers, photos, etc, in your luggage without getting them bent/wrinkled

-food tray ($1 store) to carry your food from buffet to your room or your deck chair

I, personally, don't plan on using all of the above ideas but I wrote them down in case I change my mind. :D You just never know what will come in handy and what won't.

Anyway, happy cruising everyone!! I hope this helps! Again, check out post #1104--I think it's the most comprehensive list I have come across. Thanks to CruzFrek for putting it together for us!

• 1 month later...
Hi-I know people were asking for a consolidated list and there was a link posted on the page before this, but a different consolidated list is found in post #1104 on this thread. It's from July 18th, 2006. I found the list to be extremely helpful.

A few more that I wrote on my list that were not already included but that other people had mentioned are:

-bungee cords for keeping balcony door open

-power strip/extension cord

-over the door plastic shoe holder to organize all your "stuff"

-downy wrinkle release

-collapsible soft-sided cooler for your room (apparently room stewards will keep it full of ice for your soda, water, alcohol)

-ziploc bags of various sizes for carrying wet items, sandy items, or taking snacks/sandwiches into port

-refrigerator magnets for balcony door (apparently this keeps A/C running while door is open)

-collapsible 10 or 11x13 box to keep capers, photos, etc, in your luggage without getting them bent/wrinkled

-food tray ($1 store) to carry your food from buffet to your room or your deck chair

Anyway, happy cruising everyone!! I hope this helps! Again, check out post #1104--I think it's the most comprehensive list I have come across. Thanks to CruzFrek for putting it together for us!

FYI - here's link to message 1104.

The Carnival FAQ's say that bathrobes are in the oceanview rooms. I hope that they have robes in my inside room tomorrow! I don't want to pack a bathrobe as well!

On the Valor, they were in the inside rooms, as well.

One word - BINGO. There was a Bingo game every day. And they are large bingo pots. Usually just one game. $500 one day, $600 another day, $1,000 another day, a 7 day cruise for 2 another day! I won $600 on Day 2.

How much does it cost to play the Bingo games?

If you like something during dinner, you can order as many as you like. Someone at my table ordered 3 steaks one night!

Wow, that's getting the most out of your complimentary dinner! I can tell you one thing, I certainly plan on ordering 2 of the lobster tails. And perhaps an extra appetizer or two. :)

Wow, that's getting the most out of your complimentary dinner! I can tell you one thing, I certainly plan on ordering 2 of the lobster tails. And perhaps an extra appetizer or two. :)

One of my husband's favorite part of our cruise!

Archived