Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

when are the Captains partys where you get free drinks?

and can anyone go?

The Captain's Party is before the first formal dinner, usually on the second night of the cruise. It's for everyone and they have one before early dinner seatings and one before the late seatings.

when are the Captains partys where you get free drinks?

and can anyone go?

The Captains party is usally on the second night/ first formal night. There is an early and late party for each dinner seating. It is held in the main lounge. You will want seats on the first floor as the bar service is better. All passangers can attend, kids can order soda's. They have several different types of mixed drinks but you can order a certain drink also.

The drink glasses are smaller so take two.

The Captains party is usally on the second night/ first formal night. There is an early and late party for each dinner seating. It is held in the main lounge. You will want seats on the first floor as the bar service is better. All passangers can attend, kids can order soda's. They have several different types of mixed drinks but you can order a certain drink also.

Really, I did not know kids could order sodas...I assume they are free like the other drinks? Never heard of a free soda anytime on CCL.

Really, I did not know kids could order sodas...I assume they are free like the other drinks? Never heard of a free soda anytime on CCL.

I never thought about it either...but I guess it makes sense. The kids are there with mom and dad....you gotta give them something right?? Although there is always some sort of non-alcoholic punch on the trays with the drinks.

Maybe if you ask for it you will get the soda - like a special drink - but is cetainly is not something they promote as being available.

Sometimes when you have the late seating you are STARVING by the time you sit down for dinner. Ask the server to have a cheese platter waiting for you with the bread basket when you arrive! It is on the dessert menu every night but it is nice to have something to munch on while waiting for appetizers or salad.

Go to the bank before you sail and get a stack of $2 bills. They are the perfect amount for room service,baggage and waitstaff. They are half as cumbersom as ones:D and for some odd reason the staff sem to LOVE them!

so could i order a ''drink of the day'' or captain and coke etc? and it would be at no charge.

so could i order a ''drink of the day'' or captain and coke etc? and it would be at no charge.

I do not know that the DOD's are there - but DH gets a Captain and Coke. But he usually goes to the bar and gets it himself because it is faster.

But.....on the Legend the party was in the large show lounge and guests did not have access to the bar :eek: . So he just picked something off of the tray - he did not ask for anything special.

Sometimes when you have the late seating you are STARVING by the time you sit down for dinner. Ask the server to have a cheese platter waiting for you with the bread basket when you arrive! It is on the dessert menu every night but it is nice to have something to munch on while waiting for appetizers or salad.

That is a wonderful tip. Thanks. I think everyone at the table would love this.

Linda

Two of our grandchildren were cruising with us on the Fantasy and yes they got free soda's while at the Captains party. I also have orderd soda when not in the mood for a mixed drink.

They realy enjoyed the soda's as we did not buy a soda card and they had been drinking the free juice up till then.

I have never heard of anyone ordering a beer at the Captains party but I guess it might be possible.

I have never heard of anyone ordering a beer at the Captains party but I guess it might be possible.

I know it's hard to read through the thousand plus posts on here, but yes you can order whatever you want at the Captains party, including beer and mixed drinks. I do it all the time :D.

Does anyone have RECENT copies of the Carnival Capers and Camp Carnival Capers?

They are around, for many ships. Try searching for "<Ship Name> Capers" on this site and over at webshots.com.

Matlily,

What date do you sail? You might check out the Roll Call threads if you haven't already. You can start to get acquainted with your shipmates in advance, plan get togethers, etc. It will be our first cruise as well and we are excited!

Fair seas,

JHC

We head out on the 16th September, i have been on the roll call for a while making new friends! what fun this cruising is :D

Can you order a cheese platter through room service and have it in your room a little bit before dinner?

For the later seating dinner, sometimes I'll sneak to the buffet around 6:00pm and have a soup to tide myself over!

I know it's hard to read through the thousand plus posts on here, but yes you can order whatever you want at the Captains party, including beer and mixed drinks. I do it all the time :D.

yes it is, i must spend 2-3 hours a day on here reading posts my brain is overloaded when i finally stop:D . but thanks for the tip i cant wait to try it, all the drinks they serve are to sweet with little alcohol in them :(

yes it is, i must spend 2-3 hours a day on here reading posts my brain is overloaded when i finally stop:D . but thanks for the tip i cant wait to try it, all the drinks they serve are to sweet with little alcohol in them :(

The free drinks are awful. I bring some singles so I can tip the server for bringing me a "real" drink. I can't imagine reading through over 1,500 to try and find an answer.

Of course! There is a Deli on the Lido deck right next to the Pizza. You can't miss it. It's realllllllly good too. I ate there every day. The servers knew me by name by the end of the cruise. LOL

:p Thanx for the info. I think of new questions every day. This is our third cruise and I start studying the boards 2 months before we cruise. It gets me excited to sail!!!:cool:

Just finish reading all the post. I think I have a few suggestions that have not been given.

1. We buy patches from everywhere we go with the port or city name on them. Then I sew them on a suitcase strip (usually a bright color). We are able to find our suitcase very fast because no one else is using this and we also can relive the vacations thru the patches. One thing, we loose one last trip so I am going to try an pin the strip to the suitcase. I do not want to sew patches to suitcase because we use different cases depending on where we go.

2. The water fountain in the spa has very good tasting water. After tours on land my husband and I go to the spa with water bottles, go to the hot tub, stream room and then shower in spa. I just but my wet hair in a towel and go to my room to get ready for dinner and cocktails.

3. Use the rubber stopper to hold the balcony door open. Just when you leave your room put it back where the steward had it. He uses it to hold the door of your cabin when he cleans your room.

4. Someone said that they take a radio for the balcony, please take earphones also, the people next to you may not enjoy your music as much as you do.

5. My husband usually will find out where the ice machine is on our floor. They will not tell you where it is. Just keep your eyes open and you will find it. Many times we want ice and our steward if off. I know you can call him or call room service but it is very easy for my husband to go get his own ice and give the steward his break time.

6.When you come off tours it seems that everyone is waiting for the same elevator. Just go up one floor and proceed to the middle elevators and you will have no wait. Better yet walk up the stairs. I try to walk up and down the stairs everywhere on the ship. After awhile you start meeting the people that are regulars on the stairs.

7. I always pack with the idea of doing laundry, that way I don't bring as many clothes. The funny thing is I have never done laundry on the ship and I still have more clothes than I needed.

8. If you have a late return home fight look into taking a tour with the ship. The tour agents puts your luggage in the bus. It will be with you all day and at the end of the tour they take you to the airport. If you take off the price of getting to the airport the tour is a very good price.

9. I always take a few small tissure packs on shore with me. In the past to many times there wasn't any toilet paper.

10. When I went to Tahiti everyone purchase beautiful flowers for there room. I loved them. When I was on the Freedom a few months ago I saw beautiful flowers at the farmer market in Venice. Before going back to the ship I purchase them. Used one of the coffee pots that room service left in the hallway for a vest. I am sure that the steward would had found me a vest but did not brother him. Our room smelt wonderful all cruise. Before we go onto the ship we stop and buy a few bottles of water at a grocery store and I plan on buying flowers at the same time.

Hope these help you as much as the post from others have helped me.

Jean

Archived