Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

Hi all,

Just wondering if you can sit alone in the dining room on formal nights, or do you have to sit at a table with others. I have read that you can request to sit at a private table. Is this true?

I frequently travel with just me and another person and don't really want to share a table, so as soon as I get on the ship, I see the matre dei and ask for a table for two and have never been turned down.

I haven't see this one-

The water in the pools and jacuzzis is salt water.

I know this may seem kind of dumb, but on our last cruise one of our traveling companions swam in the pool and when he came out, he exclaimed (along with a few choice words not to be repeated) that his eyes burned like hell.

I call this the "Duh!" tip.:D

I do not know if this should be considered a given bu there are Cruise Critic log books on most the ships... usually in the libraries. A chance to add your comments to the book...Look for that topic here or on the old broads if you need to know where for your respective ship.

Nancy

ROFLMAO !!!!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm CRYING !

I do not know if this should be considered a given bu there are Cruise Critic log books on most the ships... usually in the libraries. A chance to add your comments to the book...Look for that topic here or on the old broads if you need to know where for your respective ship.

Nancy

ROFLMAO !!!!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm CRYING ! :) :) :)

You made my day !

Sorry for the double post. My computer hiccuped. Probably from laughing so much.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! All of you this was great and worth every page of the reading. Me and the DW are heading out in 29 days for our first ever cruise and I really got some great tips here.

To the people who broke out the cost of the soda card, thank you, that was one thing I was wondering about.

I have one more question about the soda options on teh Glory, does anyone know what sodas are offerd?

Thanks

Sam

I have one more question about the soda options on teh Glory, does anyone know what sodas are offerd?

Thanks

Sam

Coke products

Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Club Soda, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Orange Soda, Pibb Xtra, Caffeine Free Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke

Coke products

Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Club Soda, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Orange Soda, Pibb Xtra, Caffeine Free Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke

On the diet caffeine free coke make sure they check the expiration date (yes there is one on the can). I got some old coke before they started checking. It seems not many people drink it (I was the only one on my cruise they said).

Linda

Since it's coke products do they also sell dasani water or a no name brand?

Don't think they sell dasani.

Here is the bottled water selection:

Natural Spring Water 0.5 liter $2.25

Natural Spring Water 1.5 liter $3.50

Perrier, France 6.5 oz $2.75

San Pellegrino Italy 1 liter $4.25

On the spring water I don't recall the brand.

Here is one my daughter asked me to pass along, if your going to go in the pool DONT SHAVE YOUR LEGS right before. She said her legs stuck like h*LL

and they were a lovely shade of red for a while afterwards.:eek:

I would guess they would stick if you don't shave them...LOL:D

The people that work in the Dining room remember everything!!! My wife likes lemon with her water and drinks it with a straw. I like milk with desert and have a hard time chosing desert. The second night we sat down for dinner, my wife had a saucer plate full of lemons with a straw next to her knife. When desert came, an ice cold glass of milk was followed by one of every desert and a promise for seconds of whatever I liked!! Amazing

I apologize but I did read all 86 pages and I don't remember seeing the breakdown on soda card vs the bon voyage tickets, etc. would you mind repeating the info?

The tickets are good for one can of soda @ about $1.94 per ticket

1 can of soda is $2.01 with tip.

The soda card (getting unlimited glasses of soda) is:

$4 per day for a child's (add 15% gratuity)

$5.50 per day for an adult's (add 15% for gratuity)

What?!! No deli??? I keep hearing folks rave about the rueben sandwiches, and I thought on the Sensation. Man, I had the whole family worked up and ready for ruebens. I would swear I have read about them in some reviews. Was I just hallucinating cornbeef?

Free room service delivers sandwiches, chips, salads and deserts delivered in 15 min!! Just tip a few bucks to the delivery guy and you dont even have to leave the rm!!

I just love this and it has worked every time. When you are going on a snorkeling excursion, get several of the cereal boxes at breakfast(Frosted Flakes work best). Before you get in the water, take the "waterproof" wax bags out of the boxes and take them in with you. When you want the fish to come close, for great pics etc., tear the corner off the little bags and squeeze you have great fish food. :) Just remember to tuck the empty bags in your swim suit to return to the boat and don't leave them behind in the water. :eek:

hey guys wonderful information here...but i havent really read anything on the cabins....has anyone ever been upgraded to another cabin if they werent happy with the one they paid for????

i khnow carnival has this vacation satisfaction policy but im nervous, i chose an inside cabin on a lower deck for my future cruise but have always siled balcony top floors....what if im unhappy once i board???:(

hey guys wonderful information here...but i havent really read anything on the cabins....has anyone ever been upgraded to another cabin if they werent happy with the one they paid for????

i khnow carnival has this vacation satisfaction policy but im nervous, i chose an inside cabin on a lower deck for my future cruise but have always siled balcony top floors....what if im unhappy once i board???:(

You're joking right:eek:

Archived