Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

This might be common knowledge, but remember that it's smart to check the rate on your cruise after you have made your reservation. I would recommend calling carnival(or your TA) or check the internet for rate decreases. I check weekly and have had my cruise rate adjusted 3 times saving a total of about $600 for my family(from $3600 to $3000). As long as a room is available at the lower rate at your level, they have to honor your request. This is my 2nd cruise and the same applied to the last cruise I took. A quick phone call can save you a ton of money. QUOTE]

So before you make your final payment you just ask your PVP if the rates for your cabin type have gone down and if they have he will lower your price? Easy as that???

This might be common knowledge, but remember that it's smart to check the rate on your cruise after you have made your reservation. I would recommend calling carnival(or your TA) or check the internet for rate decreases. I check weekly and have had my cruise rate adjusted 3 times saving a total of about $600 for my family(from $3600 to $3000). As long as a room is available at the lower rate at your level, they have to honor your request. This is my 2nd cruise and the same applied to the last cruise I took. A quick phone call can save you a ton of money. QUOTE]

So before you make your final payment you just ask your PVP if the rates for your cabin type have gone down and if they have he will lower your price? Easy as that???

If it's after your final payment, they will usually give you OBC for the difference. I've gotten it as late as the week before sailing.:)

My favorite cruise trip I've learned is that if you have 100 or more people going on the cruise and the whole group agrees to pay, you can buy an all-inclusive drink card. We're paying $260 per person for a 7 day cruise and get to drink any/all we want. The kids and people who have a medical slip just buy pop cards. It's the best thing I've ever!! We're not big drinkers, but still end up spending $700-$900 on drinks.

Ok I have read them all, each and everyone from what, 3 years? Ok it has taken my weeks. But I did it!

A lot of these are great! I made myself a list. I love to learn the new things.

My advice is to take the stairs everywhere and anywhere you can. It seriously helps....between all the eating and drinking. Walk it off!

Lets keep the tips coming!

My advice is to take the stairs everywhere and anywhere you can. It seriously helps....between all the eating and drinking. Walk it off!

This is good advice. The elevators are so slow anyway, and when you do catch one it seems to always be full. We hardly ever use the elevators on cruises.

Farm raised turkeys have been bred to have such large breasts that they can no longer fly. Worse than that, their large breasts prevent them from having sex. Can't get together so to speak.

Wild turkeys have neither problem.

Dan

hmmm, you learn something new every day. i had no idea....see, i told my husband that's why i have a hard time playing pool...and dealing cards...they do get in the way! lol.:eek:

Does Conquest have a secret door?

yes, if you want to call it a "secret door" the best tip....walk fwd of the ship, if there is a door, go through it. there will be another door cautioning against high winds. that is no lie! caution! i can't remember which deck ...maybe upper deck. maybe someone can help out. it's been a while for me now. but you need to check out all decks because one you can go out on, then walk to front of ship and walk up the stairs where they have the search light. great photo op. outside and you can see the bridge. sorry, can't remember which decks. something like deck 8 or so. hardly anyone out there. many times just dh & i.

yes, if you want to call it a "secret door" the best tip....walk fwd of the ship, if there is a door, go through it. there will be another door cautioning against high winds. that is no lie! caution! i can't remember which deck ...maybe upper deck. maybe someone can help out. it's been a while for me now. but you need to check out all decks because one you can go out on, then walk to front of ship and walk up the stairs where they have the search light. great photo op. outside and you can see the bridge. sorry, can't remember which decks. something like deck 8 or so. hardly anyone out there. many times just dh & i.

Info about the secret door can be found at http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Secret_Door

8. Invest $10 in a prepaid Visa/MC card and use it for check in at the pier to cover the mandatory S/S "reserve". Advantages They don't "hold" funds out of your credit/debit (checking) card for expenses.

I had a terrible experience of not only having funds "held" on my debit card, but also showing "charges" in the same amount. I was "broke" in 4 days and had to transfer funds through PayPal from DBF's AMEX account (my only resource at the time) just to stay afloat (pun, get it?). Luckily, his attitude was "Do what you have to do... when you get home, we'll straighten it out. But DO NOT be without accessible cash when away from home!" My guy is STELLAR!

This is NOT PLEASANT if you are strictly budgeted. Give them a card that CAN'T be over "authorized" or which will dip into your savings/credit line twice. Get a pre-paid card and in the amount or a buck or two more than they require so that they can't endanger your access to credit/debit/checking. NOTE: Apply for these well before sailing as they can take up to 3 weeks to be in your hands. I recommend www.mymccard.com.

I hadn't thought of this one!!! Very valuable tip for some folks who have budget concerns! Thanks.

Hi everyone~ I just read all 88 pages and have a few more tips that I didn't see on here... If I'm duplicating, I apologize!

** I've seen a few posts where people recommend bringing salty snacks because there aren't any onboard. One little "secret" is that the bars all have snack mix (like Gardettos). Most of the time you have to ask for it, but they'll give you a bowl if you ask and they'll keep it filled.

** Bring a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release Spray. This stuff is awesome and only about $1.50 for a 3-pack at Wal-Mart. It'll save you the hassle of bringing a travel iron or using one on the ship that might be dirty and ruin your clothes. You just spray the wrinkle, tug on the fabric a little, and it smooths right out! I've used this on every fabric, including 100% silk, and it's perfect. Plus, it smells awesome, like fresh laundry! (A great way for the guys to freshen up their suit coat if it gets smoky (or whatever) and they're going to wear it again later in the week!!!)

** A Tide-to-Go stick can save your nice clothes if you have a spill. The stain won't have to sit for a week and you won't have to do extra laundry on board.

** Dry-erase markers work great on the mirrors in your cabin. This is a good way to leave messages to different family members or your room steward. A tip: let your room steward know that you'll be doing that and that they wipe right off, even with kleenex. Also, you can color code messages for different members of your group.

** A lot of people have mentioned that the room stewards may be insulted by pre-tipping, which makes sense. Instead, I leave a small token gift for my room steward each day with a little note. This shows them that I appreciate them, not that I expect something extra from them. My next cruise is next week and will be the week of Valentine's Day, so I got a foam mailbox from a craft store and have it all decorated. I'll add the steward's name when I get there. I bought a bunch of candy and novelties from the dollar store along with some cute notecards to leave "mail" for my room steward throughout the week. If I give an extra tip, it's at the end of the cruise so they know it's not expectation, but appreciation.

** krooz-cams.com This is a cool site with a lot of ship's bridge cams and port cams. After my last cruise, my whole group of friends from work said they watched our ship leave the port. Fun for family left behind, especially kids. And no, you can't see the people on board. :)

** Wal-Mart now has a complete set of travel bottles that are specifically designed to be compliant with TSA carry-on requirements, so no more getting stopped in line! It's in the travel-sized stuff aisle and contains lots of little bottles and jars for only a few bucks.

Most of all... ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!!

~Tammy :)

** krooz-cams.com This is a cool site with a lot of ship's bridge cams and port cams. After my last cruise, my whole group of friends from work said they watched our ship leave the port. Fun for family left behind, especially kids. And no, you can't see the people on board. :)

Most of all... ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!!

~Tammy :)

btw - it's kroooz-cams.com.

Secret doors are the best! Especially when you just want to escape the crowds! DH and I made it a habit to go out the secret door on the Empress Deck on the Glory every night of our cruise and watch the sunset. It was, if I may quote a goofy thing I heard on t.v., "romantical".:D

Secret doors are the best! Especially when you just want to escape the crowds! DH and I made it a habit to go out the secret door on the Empress Deck on the Glory every night of our cruise and watch the sunset. It was, if I may quote a goofy thing I heard on t.v., "romantical".:D

I LOVE IT! "ROMANTICAL"!!!! ...it's magical and romantic ;)

I recall reading this thread last year and half way through someone kindly compiled all the tips....can anyone get me to that post quicker than flipping thrugh 88 pages? LOL

start reading backwards. someone did it again not too long ago on here. that's what i would do. hope that helps some. :)

I recall reading this thread last year and half way through someone kindly compiled all the tips....can anyone get me to that post quicker than flipping thrugh 88 pages? LOL

If the OP is still around would they be able to edit the original post with either the post number/page number of the compilation, or the compilation itself???

If the OP is still around would they be able to edit the original post with either the post number/page number of the compilation, or the compilation itself???

I just read this entire thread over the past few days myself so the link to the compilation list of EVERYTHING on this thread was somewhat easy to find on my browsing history. Here is the link. Great tips everyone! Any new tips (as some of these may be outdated)?

http://home.comcast.net/~dr.crash/HomePage.html

Found this on that web site:

If you have kids 12 or under, they can order soda or "pop" free of charge with dinner in the assigned dining room at night only (not in the buffet areas). You may have a waiter/waitress attempt to charge you for it, as it seems they are not all aware of this policy. A smile and a reminder that Carnival offers free carbonated beverages to children at dinner was all it took for us, our waitress returned later and apologized, while informing us that we were indeed correct.

Has anyone with kids under 12 tried this. Do they get soda or "pop" free of charge in the dining room?

I Remember Reading Somewhere That: When Arriving To Your Room As The Steward To Remove Mini Bar Items (expense) An Ask For Robes And They Willbring Them To You. Does Anyone Know If This Is True Even If You Are Not Staying In A Suite?

Archived