Passports

shofer

Does anyone know how long it's taking to get your passports back after you apply for the first time? My DH is a big procrastinator and I'm afraid he is going to wait too long. I got mine last year and got it back in a month but it was also a renewal. He is a naturalized citizen and afraid to send his papers in because they might get lost.

Does anyone know how long it's taking to get your passports back after you apply for the first time? My DH is a big procrastinator and I'm afraid he is going to wait too long. I got mine last year and got it back in a month but it was also a renewal. He is a naturalized citizen and afraid to send his papers in because they might get lost.

About 6 to 8 weeks. I believe that you can get it faster if you pay an additional fee.

It was 5-6 weeks a few months ago. I have read 6-8 weeks now, but as stated above you can pay extra for faster delivery.

As the end of the year gets closer, the wait period will grow much longer. Customs will not care if you made application, they want passport in had to cross border.

Anything that doesn't kill you, just hurts a hell of a lot

Sea Princess

Star Princess

Carnival Pride

Diamond Princess

Sapphire Princess

My husband and I applied for ours on 5/19/06. His arrived on 6/19/06 and mine arrived on 6/23/06. We did NOT pay the extra fee to have them expedited either. I was impressed that it only took one month, however, wait times will only get LONGER with the deadline approaching. You also need to allow extra time just in case something is wrong with them when they arrive. Not likely to happen, but you need to allow for it.

Archived