5 things you couldnt cruise without

tiffani!

I had to do a search on Pure Green. I always travel with hand disinfectant, but this stuff is and anti-fungal and anti-viral too? I wonder where you buy it in Canada.

The website has a 1800 number for international buyers: international orders: 1.800.306.9122 or +1 212.537.9122 x0, maybe they can let you know if there is a Canadian distributor?

After 4 cruises......I have gotten it down to:

1. Your Basic paper items....Pen, Post its,Tape, Highlighter ( 2 colored is nice so you can tell what was DH's or Kids "must do" and YOUR much more important "must do"s.) Dollar store tropical decorations to deco your door. It helps to find your room.....Really!! :D

2. WAY less clothes than you think. I try each time and still overpack bringing home clothes that never saw the outside of the closets. Thinking one outfit for day then one for dinner/night? NOT!! The only time that truely happens is Formal night.......TRUST ME :p

3. Laynard with a sleeve. It is so much easier to carry your card/key. They have them onboard....but expensive I think...;)

4. Phone charger......cell phones did work in Roaton......And from what I was told at the local Verizon store CCL has a contract with Verizon.....I am thinking it just may be so. We never saw a charge for our cell call from either CCL or Verizon. (We have Verizon service.) Use this information wisely...ask your Verizon rep....ask CCL. I know we didn't get a charge but it could be a fluke. And even more importantly DON't share the info with the kiddo's you left at home, the DH who is home with the kiddos while you and your girlfriends are out playing......or co workers that may need something from you! :D

5. Beach Bag/backpack/ Travel mug. We didn't think beach bag for our first time and ended up buying one. It was great to have one that was made for such...as in a plactic lined or open weaved for wet towels ect...instead of assuming that the airplane carry on bag would work out. As for the travel mug......can grab free lemonade/tea/juices to cart around easier. Great especially for the non soda drinkers......the soda cards on CCL are a MUST GET.....but for us who limit the alcohol drinks and want ice tea we are limited to going to the buffet area and grabbing our own drinks. Travel mugs hold more.....and keep 'em cold :)

My Whanganui (by AquaPac). I love that word.

It is the best round the neck watersafe on the market. It is so watertight that you can even keep car remotes or inhalers in them but we always take them to keep our passports, money, etc in when in the water.

I learned about these watersafes through Cruise Critic and they are just are great as we were told.

- Lots list Documents, but include Travel Insurance Policy just in case.

- Small Bills for tipping directly.

- Wizard Card game. Understand it's popular in Canada. We love it.

- Pants with zippered legs: change from shorts to pants for dining and special tours.

- Pool exercisers such as water barbells and a float waist.

Denny

WOW!! Y'all have really given me some great ideas! Some things I never even thought of but since we are flying to Florida on Southwest we can actually take enough luggage to pack some extras!

My list:

Birkenstocks

Scented Night Light

Sunglasses

Tempur-Pedic Pillow - A MUST!!

Chap-Stick SPF 15+

DH List:

Binoculars

Cigars

Travel Fan

Jose Cuervo

I always travel with my Tempurpedic neck ring. Most of the neck rings are so bulky that they aren't much better than nothing. The Tempur ring gives perfect support for hours on the the plane or in the car and if necessary I lay in on the bed open end up and use as a pillow.

I always travel with my Tempurpedic neck ring. Most of the neck rings are so bulky that they aren't much better than nothing. The Tempur ring gives perfect support for hours on the the plane or in the car and if necessary I lay in on the bed open end up and use as a pillow.

I haven't seen any of those but I may have to check it out! We LOVE our pillows and are actually thinking of getting the complete matress set.

We have a Tempurpedic electric adjustable bed and love it. It is the only thing I miss while cruising (other than my cats). If you get one be sure to buy their mattress cover. Sometimes people complain that their Tempur bed is too hard but it turns out that they were using a heavy mattress cover. Tempur is heat activated and if it can't feel your body heat it won't soften and mould to your body. They won't honour the warranty if you haven't been using one either.

Others complain that Tempur mattresses are too hot but we don't find that.

If you can try one out at a hotel (the company can tell you which hotels have them) or at someone's house, do so before you buy. People either love or hate Tempur, there doesn't seem to be an in between.

• 2 weeks later...

1. All the luggage, properly packed (4 pieces plus backpack)

2. All the paperwork, in the carryon luggage, along with 2 bottles of wine.

3. Camera Backpack for still and video, 1 TB of memory across the board.

4. Mainila folder where the whole cruise is contained with all info.

5. The American Express Platinum Card for whatever else is needed.....

Good Cruising

We learned from CC about

1. Power Squid ( that is the cord that people are listing, I think) We love it

2. Laser clock (we love seeing the time up on the ceiling - just like home)

3. Dr. Scholls pads for blisters ( I went to Hawaii just a week after getting out of a cast for 4 months - and my foot was swollen. My shoe didn't fit - and I needed help quickly for blisters.

4. My own light weight hot and cold mugs for tea and water.

5. My pillow ( can't leave home with out that).

Thanks for all of the good advice. i just added some things to my travel list.