5 things you couldnt cruise without

tiffani!

A credit card.

If I forgot something I need I can buy it.

Seriously cuts down on worry and that is the one thing I can always do without - especially when it comes to vacation.

Is it time to leave yet? (the grown up version of "are we there yet")

My five:

1. Make-up

2. REAL blow dryer

3. Nikon D60 & Olympus Stylus (for underwater pics)

4. Laptop

5. NY Mets Magnet, Personalized Magnets & Dry Erase magnetic board (for on the door)

With all the new checked bag rules they have now & all the charges for overweight & additional bags...

Never bring a pop hamper it's a waist of space, plus it's double the work, you fill it up, to then dump it out, to then pack it & all your dirty clothes, which will now be loose in you suitcase. Mesh laundry bags are good, but they're almost always netting, so that's smelly. Just bring a garbage bag, fill it & then when it's time to pack tie it & throw it in the suitcase.

Never bring clothes pins, just pull the retractible clothes line out from the wall as usual, but string it through the arm/leg holes of your garments before attaching it to the wall & presto!

Never bring travel speakers. Just buy a much lighter & cheaper ($4.99) RCA cable. It connects your mp3 player to your tv. Speakers just take too much room & if you're worried about the light from the tv, you can put it on the ship cam channel...very romantic, especially if you are in an inside room. ;) Also, if you have a video mp3 player or if you upload photos to your mp3 player you can view them as well.

what is a pop-up hamper?

Silly... it's where you put your dirty pop-ups!

Okay, in seriousness, it's a hamper that "pops open" when released from its restraints. You can pick them up at most trendy places, like Ross, or Kmart, or even W-llmart. They pack flat, then when you release them, they open up and hold themselves open, so you can toss the grungies into them. Lots of people like them for cruising.

Why the earplugs???

this will be our first cruise...I thought it would be nice and quiet at night? NO????

We've found that on most ships, there is almost always something creaking or clanking as the ship moves. One cabin we had, there was something inside the wall right by my husband's head that was swinging like a pendulum and hitting the wall. It was very annoying. So now we carry ear plugs with us whenever we travel. We don't always need them, but they're there if we need them.

Cheryl

We've found that on most ships, there is almost always something creaking or clanking as the ship moves. One cabin we had, there was something inside the wall right by my husband's head that was swinging like a pendulum and hitting the wall. It was very annoying. So now we carry ear plugs with us whenever we travel. We don't always need them, but they're there if we need them.

Cheryl

I dont think I could sleep with earplugs in, but i wish i could. Last year on the dawn there was a lot of loud noise coming from the balcony doorjam in average seas, was enought to drive me crazy! Good idea, Maybe i need a white noise generator?

Earplugs are great for dances or shows where the music is so loud it hurts your ears. They just take the edge off a bit so you don't hurt your ear drums. They take up so little space in a purse but can really come in handy.

I dont think I could sleep with earplugs in, but i wish i could. Last year on the dawn there was a lot of loud noise coming from the balcony doorjam in average seas, was enought to drive me crazy! Good idea, Maybe i need a white noise generator?

I was the same way until DH bought the foam hunting ear plugs for me. They are much easier to use and they really don't bother me at all. You might want to look into those, there pretty cheap too so if they don't work your not out a lot of money.

My top 5

1. Camera

2. Laptop

3. Sunglasses

4. Flip Flops

5. My medicine cabinet....I'm paranoid of feeling the slightest bit bloated when I'm suppose to be relaxing :)

My DH's (well almost DH's...16 days :p )

1. Sunscreen

2. IPhone (this handy gadget covers so many things in one - He's a techy so it's great!!! :D )

3. Sunglasses

4. To many clothes

5. Money!!!!

• 1 month later...

Mine is toiletries. I bring my own shampoo-my hair looks like crap if I try to use whatever. I always bring my face cream-if I skip that a week I look 10 years older. I always bring my shaver-no hairy legs-other areas-etc. I use a special mouth rinse for gingivitis and I will not leave without that-I want to keep my teeth as long as I can! I also always bring my floss-for the same reason as the mouth rinse.

Now those are the most important 5 things I must have- of course there are many more than 5-but that is the top 5.

• 2 weeks later...

1.) My body pillow. :D I could do without the other 4 items but not my beloved body pillow!

2.) Small electric fan (good for white noise and air circulation).

3.) Power strip for my curling iron, blow dryer, camera charger, cell phone charger and electic fan.

4.) Air freshner for the bathroom.

5.) My Eeyore lanyard for hands/purse free room card storage.

Edited by Eeyoregon

Aside from the more obvious:

1) Variety of medicines, just in case!

2) Outlet extender. (most cabins have only ONE single outlet and you'll have camera chargers, hair appliances, Ipod chargers, phone chargers, etc.)

3) Sunglasses

4) Snorkel gear

5) Extra camera, memory card, chargers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

*BUMP*

• camera
  • relevant cruise/plane docs (of course!)
  • swim suit
  • black pants or white pants (can go with any top at dinner in MDR and look nice)
  • $$$$$!!!

i guess if i have those things, im all set! dont let me fool you, i bring a lot more ;)

Edited by cruisin_cutie