When do you get documents and such?

pampaul

We are going through a TA for our first cruise and while I could ask him this question, he seems to take forever to respond to an email. We sailing out on Aug 19. When should we get all our paperwork and stuff? A week before, a month before, somewhere in between or does it depend on the TA? Thanks!!!

Based on past reports on this board, there seems to be a wide range of dates. Most important, and really all that is needed is to go online at ncl.com and register. You will need your booking number.

We are going through a TA for our first cruise and while I could ask him this question, he seems to take forever to respond to an email. We sailing out on Aug 19. When should we get all our paperwork and stuff? A week before, a month before, somewhere in between or does it depend on the TA? Thanks!!!
We usually get ours about 30 days out. However, it can be as close as only 2 weeks. Our documents have always gone to the TA first and then to us.

Definately register online ASAP.

Charlie

I was very surprised this afternoon when I checked my email and found the e-docs for our 9/10 sailing on the Star. This seems really early to me! This was from an online TA.

Linda

NCL is one of the better lines at getting docs out early. If you haven't heard from your TA in a week or so, give her/him a call. Sometimes TAs get busy and sit on the docs for a few days, other times there is a slip up. I wouldn't worry, but I know how getting them suddenly makes everything seem real. Even being a Ta and cruising over 20 times, I still always get excited when I finally have them in my hands. NMNita

I was very surprised this afternoon when I checked my email and found the e-docs for our 9/10 sailing on the Star. This seems really early to me! This was from an online TA.

Linda

Did you have air included?

Linda

Great Linday-I'll email my TA and see if they've got mine yet. We're on the Sun on the 9th.

-Monte

paid in full last week, did the on-line registering friday or saturday. came back from an errand (today), checked the emails and there were all our documents from NCL (by way of our on-line TA). that's fast service. no luggage tags, but we are official and eagerly waiting.

I just got mine last week for the Dawn 8/5 cruise. I was getting worried. My aunt & uncle who are on the same cruise with us got them over a month ago. We booked the trip through different agencies.

I just got mine last week for the Dawn 8/5 cruise. I was getting worried. My aunt & uncle who are on the same cruise with us got them over a month ago. We booked the trip through different agencies.

Yikes! I'm on your cruise and I haven't seen my docs yet. My TA called this morning and said that they hadn't arrived yet. :(

Yikes! I'm on your cruise and I haven't seen my docs yet. My TA called this morning and said that they hadn't arrived yet. :(
I certainly hope he is checking on them for you; not having docs isn't the end of the world if you have done your pre registering on line which almost everyone does. It is just the idea: You can get luggage tags at the dock and the docs themselves really don't serve much purpose. Still I would think the TA would be following up on this for you. NMNita

We booked our 8/5 cruise on the Spirit in mid June. Full payment was due immediately & our e docs arrived the next day. I was told we would receive the e docs because of the short time involved, last year with same TA we received tickets & luggage tags about a month before. We (almost) always book our own air because we use frequent flyer miles. (One good thing about a husband that travels for work!:D )

I certainly hope he is checking on them for you; not having docs isn't the end of the world if you have done your pre registering on line which almost everyone does. It is just the idea: You can get luggage tags at the dock and the docs themselves really don't serve much purpose. Still I would think the TA would be following up on this for you. NMNita

Yeah I registered once the cruise was paid for, about two weeks ago since I booked late, but I would still like to have something in my hand other than a number. My TA usually jokes and says things like "what's the rush?" when I ask about the tickets but seeing as how everyone seems to have received their docs over a month ago, I have to wonder what's up.

I preregistered about 6 weeks ago after getting the wrong confirmation number from the TA. I haven't received any documents. TA tells me my cabin has not been assigned. When is my cruise? 5 days from now.

Will I use a TA again? No

I booked and registered two weeks ago and as of today still have nothing to prove that I am even going on my cruise. My TA told me today to give NCL a chance and that I worry too much. Huh????

Since you booked 2 weeks ago, I'd have to agree with your ta. Didn't your TA give you a copy of the receipt when they took your money?

Some (with air through NCL) have said they didn't get docs until the last minute

I'm assuming by "registered two weeks ago" you mean at the NCL advance guest reg site. Just print out a copy.

BTW-Other than your booking # and proper ID, you really don't need anything else to board (unless of course, you bought air through them)

-Monte

Archived