Legend-Golden Fleece

janetz

We dined at the supper club on the Conquest on our last cruise. What a delightful experience. The only thing I thought odd was the location on this ship. Outside the windows, was the walking track I think. We got there just before sunset, and people were walking around the track. Not sure they could see in, but we could definitely see them. Made for kind of an odd experience. Didn't detract too much, just a little weird. Is the location the same on the Legend? Looking forward to trying the supper club again.

Trish

yep--location is deck 10- and yep- those people can see in-- first supper club was the Miracle. We took a table in the corner at the window. (big mistake coz it was way too dark.) and the people walking around there took a tour of our window... I knew then how animals at the zoo felt.

Supper clubs hold 100 people throughout the night. First reservations start at 6pm with the last one being at 10pm.

I'm confused. The Capers explicitly say the Golden Fleece is "open daily from 6:00pm to 9:30pm." Also says "to allow at least 2-1/2 hours to enjoy a complete dining experience."

Are you sure they take reservations for as late as 10pm? It guess it makes sense to continue selling as long as there is a demand, so perhaps the stated "open daily" from 6:00-9:30 should really say "reservations taken for" from 6:00-9:30 (or maybe even 10:00)?

Based on previous posts, I thought the latest was around 8:30, and with that you'd end up being the last people left by the time you finished (somewhere between 10 & 11pm)?

If memory serves me correctly you can make reservations up to the 9:30 time. I think they remain open until the last guests are finished dining. We always made reservations for around 7:30 or 8:00 but when we asked they about reservations they said every 15 minutes from 6:30 and I thought the last time seemed late.

Thank you for all the great replies. :o Our friends will be celebrating their 25th on the first formal night and we want to make it very special for them. Where would be the best place for us to sit in the Golden Fleece? This is also their first cruise and I am so excited about it! :p

Thank you for all the great replies. :o Our friends will be celebrating their 25th on the first formal night and we want to make it very special for them. Where would be the best place for us to sit in the Golden Fleece? This is also their first cruise and I am so excited about it! :p

I think I've seen one too many Love Boat episodes in my life. This image of the Captain approaching their table to ask her to dance just popped into my head. If I were you, I'd make sure to let Julie know about it!!! ;)

loveboat.jpg

We were told that the busiest night on the Golden Fleece is the night AFTER the first formal night.

They told us that usually, that is the only night that fills up.

We chose night #4, and had a wonderful meal.

Service was fantastic. We also had a table near the dance floor, and although we did not dance, we truly enjoyed the music and atmosphere.

It was a very special time and I love just dreaming about the Filet Mignon! :):)!

Catrin

I thought about night #4, but that's the night we are in San Juan and I don't know if we are going eat off the ship or not. I was choosing nights based on the menus I'd least miss and the third night seemed to be the best choice.

So, let me understand. When you make the reservations, they don't have a floor layout for you to look at?

We were thinking of trying the Golden Fleece on our next cruise. The triumph didn't have a supper clib, so we never had a chance to try one on that ship. Did i read an earlier post correctly when they said they have the same choices for dinner as the main dining room? :confused:

sme, no the choices are not the same as in the main dining room. The food is several steps above, we ate in Nick and Noras on the Miracle and it was out of this world. Would definitely recommend it at least once on a cruise. We are on the Legend in Jan 07 and are looking forward to the golden fleece. I am not sure if I have seen a menu posted or not. If anyone knows it would be Serene. IMO it was definitely worth the $30. Enjoy.

Jess

What you read was the supper club has the same menu on all the ships. its the same every night-- it doesnt change.

Nothing is the same as the regualr dining room.

------------

Supper Club Menu

STARTERS

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, wrapped iin rice paper and

classic Bourguignone

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced raw beef tenderloins with shaved parmesan cheese

marinated Mache Lettuce

SHUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tune, Salmon, Shrim and Unagi with Pickled ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1oz of Suvruga Cavier with tradional condiments and buckwheat blinis

an Extra $29.00 charge will apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal black tiger prawns with american cockatail sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE

on Roasted pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC

Fleuron & Fresh cream

BAKED ONION SOUP "LES HALLES"

a parisian Classic

SALADS

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, traditionally prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

with blue cheese , warm bacon dressing

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, radicchio, tomato wedges, Purple onion rings and watercress

Choice of House, Ranch, or bleu cheese dressing

SIDE DISHES

Baked Potato with trimmings

Sauteed medley of fresh mushrooms

Yukon old mash with Wasabi Harseradish

Spaghetti with fresh tomoato sauce

Grilled fresh vegetables in season

Creamed Spinach with garlic

ENTREES

BROILED NEW YORK STRIP LOIN STEAK

14oz of the favorite cut for steak connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTER HOUSE STEAK

24oz of the best from both worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9ox for the true Gourmet

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage-braised sea bass over young spinac and mango salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

served with drawn butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

with blackberry port wine reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

double cut lamb chops

served on five-bean cassoulet and rosemary jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

center cut from the highest greade milk fed veal

SAUCES AVAILABLE

three-peppercorn sauce

wild mushroom sauce

sauce bearnaise.

CITRUS CHEESECAKE WITH HAZELNUT BUSCUIT

Burnt basmati and Mango Ravioli with almosd and marcarpose jam

WASHINGTON APPLE TARTE TARTIN

served with chocolate and leon balm salad

CHOCOLATE TARTE WITH BITER CHOCOLATE PATE

rasberry & pineapple croquant, tiramisu notre facon

FRESH FRUITS

assembly of tropical fruits and berries in season

served with homemade sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL CHEESES

Supper Club Menu

-------------------

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

Now $45 (and too salty, IMHO)

Supper Club Menu

-------------------

CHILEAN SEA BASS

No longer offered - though it was GOOD!!!

They are constantly tweaking the menu.

They now offer an ALTERNATE to these choices - the Georges Blanc "signature" menu, which give you a couple of choices of other starters/salads, but then everything : ~5 additional courses including fillet, chicken, fish, etc... My wife ordered this option on our first night in the Emerald Room (and I sampled). I would not order it myself.. but we are all different!

Tom

What you read was the supper club has the same menu on all the ships. its the same every night-- it doesnt change.

Nothing is the same as the regualr dining room.

------------

Supper Club Menu

STARTERS

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, wrapped iin rice paper and

classic Bourguignone

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced raw beef tenderloins with shaved parmesan cheese

marinated Mache Lettuce

SHUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tune, Salmon, Shrim and Unagi with Pickled ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal black tiger prawns with american cockatail sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE

on Roasted pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC

Fleuron & Fresh cream

BAKED ONION SOUP "LES HALLES"

a parisian Classic

SALADS

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, traditionally prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

with blue cheese , warm bacon dressing

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, radicchio, tomato wedges, Purple onion rings and watercress

Choice of House, Ranch, or bleu cheese dressing

SIDE DISHES

Baked Potato with trimmings

Sauteed medley of fresh mushrooms

Yukon old mash with Wasabi Harseradish

Spaghetti with fresh tomoato sauce

Grilled fresh vegetables in season

Creamed Spinach with garlic

ENTREES

BROILED NEW YORK STRIP LOIN STEAK

14oz of the favorite cut for steak connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTER HOUSE STEAK

24oz of the best from both worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9ox for the true Gourmet

CHILEAN SEA BASS

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

served with drawn butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

with blackberry port wine reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

double cut lamb chops

served on five-bean cassoulet and rosemary jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

center cut from the highest greade milk fed veal

SAUCES AVAILABLE

three-peppercorn sauce

wild mushroom sauce

sauce bearnaise.

CITRUS CHEESECAKE WITH HAZELNUT BUSCUIT

Burnt basmati and Mango Ravioli with almosd and marcarpose jam

WASHINGTON APPLE TARTE TARTIN

served with chocolate and leon balm salad

CHOCOLATE TARTE WITH BITER CHOCOLATE PATE

rasberry & pineapple croquant, tiramisu notre facon

FRESH FRUITS

assembly of tropical fruits and berries in season

served with homemade sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL CHEESES

Oh. My.

Yep, we're definitely going to have to make reservations for at least two nights. Maybe three. ;)

Oh. My.

Yep, we're definitely going to have to make reservations for at least two nights. Maybe three. ;)

Once you try it.. you will be HOOKED.

When we first tried the supper clubs (Legend) - we ate there on 2 nights.

The following cruise (where there was a supper club - Miracle) we ate there on FIVE nights. We never stepped foot in the MAIN DINING ROOM. We ate buffet (lido) on the first and last nights, and ate like royalty the other nights.

Granted that will "up" you S&S tab - w/wine and tip added each night, but WOW :D

Before someone comments about the tipping there... technically the gratuity is included in the $30... however many people will feel the desire to add a bit more in after the meal :)

Tom

Once you try it.. you will be HOOKED.

When we first tried the supper clubs (Legend) - we ate there on 2 nights.

The following cruise (where there was a supper club - Miracle) we ate there on FIVE nights. We never stepped foot in the MAIN DINING ROOM. We ate buffet (lido) on the first and last nights, and ate like royalty the other nights.

Granted that will "up" you S&S tab - w/wine and tip added each night, but WOW :D

Before someone comments about the tipping there... technically the gratuity is included in the $30... however many people will feel the desire to add a bit more in after the meal :)

Tom

Interesting. I keep going back and forth about going to the specialty restaurant on formal night. Part of me feels that as long as I'm wearing my tux, I should go whole hog and go to the specialties on those nights. The other part of me feels that if we're going to eat in the regular dining room at ALL, we should do it on Formal night. Ah, it's nice to have such 'difficult' decisions to make...

Now $45 (and too salty, IMHO)

No longer offered - though it was GOOD!!!

They are constantly tweaking the menu.

They now offer an ALTERNATE to these choices - the Georges Blanc "signature" menu, which give you a couple of choices of other starters/salads, but then everything : ~5 additional courses including fillet, chicken, fish, etc... My wife ordered this option on our first night in the Emerald Room (and I sampled). I would not order it myself.. but we are all different!

Tom

Hmmm, if they took away the Sea Bass what non-shell fish or vegetarian options are there? I may have to take this off our to do list, since we have vegetarians in our group.

Interesting. I keep going back and forth about going to the specialty restaurant on formal night. Part of me feels that as long as I'm wearing my tux, I should go whole hog and go to the specialties on those nights. The other part of me feels that if we're going to eat in the regular dining room at ALL, we should do it on Formal night. Ah, it's nice to have such 'difficult' decisions to make...

On our recent Glory cruise - I opted for the 1st formal night in the dining room (so I could have the prime rib) - and the 2nd formal in the Emerald Room (as well as another non-formal night).

Yes... DIFFICULT decisions!

Tom

Hmmm, if they took away the Sea Bass what non-shell fish or vegetarian options are there? I may have to take this off our to do list, since we have vegetarians in our group.

Sorry.. I can't recall, but it seems there must have been SOME TYPE of fish - you can always see the menu after you get on board!

Tom

My GF doesn't eat meat either, so if anyone can confirm that they've replaced the sea bass with another fish entree, I'd appreciate it.

Any chance they'd let her order an entree-sized portion of one of the seafood appetizers?

• 3 weeks later...

Quick 2 cents for our experience on the 7/31 Legend sailing...

Signed up in atrium soon as we boarded. Group of 7 & I believe noit too many tables of that size; maybe 2, one on each side of 1st floor?

Asked for 7:30 pm; told usually 6 or 8pm; guess they prefer to serve twice at thos tables each night?; no matter, it wasn't near full let alone crowded and they never called back to chang off from the 7:30 rez.

My advice? DO IT!

Golf pro had told us you could multiple entree, but I knew and found that not to be the case. Did ask & receve multiple sides however: yukoin gold mash was superbly rich & creamy, and creamed spinach was TOO DIE FOR!

24 oz portherhouse was PERFECT....wish I could have knawd on the tee ;) but decorum is rule #1 at this place.

Danced with the DW, had the DS take our picture, then vice verce'd to preserve for all posterity the 17 y.o. DS's willingness to indulge the DW's special night/occasion/time & place. Memories are made of such evenings!

Bottom line: if you consider your cruise special, THIS IS SPECIAL. Highly recommended.

Archived