Infinity Vancouver Arrival Delayed 7/16/06

SkyGuy747

We are getting an update and it is still scheduled for 12:30 local time arrival. Board time is around 5PM, but not confirmed until they actually dock.However the leave time is now about 9AM on Monday morning. No word yet on any skipped ports or ect. Oh well.....

Sorry, edited for MONDAY not Tuesday at 9.

Just talked to X, they said they are working on it as we speak, it should be fixed today, or at least with 24 hours, but they have been working on it for some time,. It should NOT effect next weeks sailing, the one I am on, but they usually don't know in adavance when problems come up. But at this point, it is not red-flaged. So, I am sorry for those of you going out today, Boy, I sure hope it doesn't take too long for your sake. Hopefully, they will get it fixed soon, and we can all go and have a wonderful time with no problems.

She's coming into Canada Place as I type this.

Was out for a bike ride in Stanley Park when i saw the Infinity slowly making its way towards the Lions Gate bridge - that explains why there were only two ships at Canada Place this morning instead of the usual three. Well at least the sun is shining and the air is clear so the views are a lot more spectacular than those at 6:00AM in the morning and if you fine a shady spot in deck you should be able to work on your tan.

Hopefully all of those with advance reservations will be able to make alternate arrangements.

Dennis

What compensation would be reasonable if you were on this sailing and missed a port...?

My mom and nephew are onboard and they just called saying the propulsion issue has been going on for two days. It's my nephew's 1st cruise and he missed a shore excursion he was looking forward to...and although I don't mean to kick Celebrity when they are down, I was wondering what the standard issue compensation is for these type of hiccups that occur?

Probably a credit for a future cruise. Perhaps a refund for the port fees that were not paid. I read somewhere a ship's satelite connection was down and the passenger mannifest was not sent to DHS and the port was missed. I'll see what the compensation was there.

Here is one article:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnist/burbank/2006-04-04-burbank_x.htm

http://www.elliott.org/archives/2006/07/port.php

Probably a credit for a future cruise. Perhaps a refund for the port fees that were not paid. I read somewhere a ship's satelite connection was down and the passenger mannifest was not sent to DHS and the port was missed. I'll see what the compensation was there.

That was RCI's Radiance Of The Seas on June 27. They missed Juneau. Guests received the port tax + $100 stateroom credit.

Best Regards,

Floris

I can't help you with a standard, but my family members on board have already been told a number - I just don't know if it's per person, per cabin or includes a missed Shore Excursion that was booked through Celebrity.

Since you didn't mention it, I'm guessing that your mother & nephew are not sick - that's good news.

No, thankfully they aren't sick. They report that the ship moved from code yellow to code red this morning, but I don't know what that means exactly.

Infinity was placed on code red when we were ready to travel at the end of January 2002. It was out of service for at least two 10-day cruises. It might mean no cruise leaving today/tomorrow/this week. Perhaps a drydock will be required.

Infinity was placed on code red when we were ready to travel at the end of January 2002. It was out of service for at least two 10-day cruises. It might mean no cruise leaving today/tomorrow/this week. Perhaps a drydock will be required.

I agree. I didn't want to say it out loud, but by now, we all know what it means when a M-class ship comes into port at half the normal speed. I am pretty sure 1 sailing will be cancelled and Infinity will go into drydock. Which means full refunds and free future cruises for yet another group of passengers. It's about time those diesel engines get installed!!

I guess I need to go back and look at some history, but what about 2 weeks from now? It's basically 3 cruises from now, not todays, not next weeks, but the week after that? What do you think my odds are of getting to cruise??

I guess I need to go back and look at some history, but what about 2 weeks from now? It's basically 3 cruises from now, not todays, not next weeks, but the week after that? What do you think my odds are of getting to cruise??

100%. Pod repairs have never taken more then 5 dry dock days and there are plenty of dry docks in the Vancouver / Victoria area.

100%. Pod repairs have never taken more then 5 dry dock days and there are plenty of dry docks in the Vancouver / Victoria area.

After looking at your past and future cruises, I'll take your word for it ;) ! Back to trying to figure out how I'm going to squeeze DH's clothes in the suitcases that are full of mine :eek: !!

I wish all the Infinity pax only the best! As our trip gets closer and closer, I can't imagine the disappointment of not being able to go :( .

I've found some info on code red in a recent article about the Mercury:

In the article Michael Sheehan, spokesman for Celebrity Cruises, said:

"If 1.5 percent of guests or 2.5 percent of crew report symptoms once the ship is under way, a “Code Red” protocol is established"

You can read the whole story at:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060409/news_lz1t09virus.html

Hi All,

Just reading through this thread - how disappointing for all those sailing this week. We go on Infinity in 3 weeks time and this will be our first Celebrity cruise. We fly in from London and are staying with family in Seattle for a week pre cruise and 2 weeks post cruise. This is a big vacation for us as we've planned this for ages, coinciding with our 10th wedding anniversary. I would be sooo disappointing if something went wrong.

Fingers crossed everyone!

Bev

I can't imagine the chaos right now at the cruise terminal with all the people who must have arrived for their sailing and now must scramble to find a hotel...and the people coming off the ship who missed their flight today... Vancouver is a very busy tourist city and I don't think there will be enough spare hotel rooms available for those in need.

Archived