Infinity Vancouver Arrival Delayed 7/16/06

SkyGuy747

I'm seeing posts that Infinity is still sitting at Canada Place. But I just got off the phone with Celebrity and they told me she was already sailing and they don't expect any ports to be missed on this weeks cruise. Hubby and I are scheduled for the week of 8/13. I've got fingers, toes, legs crossed that all goes well! My TA is trying to get more info, but I'm sure she'll be told the same thing. Help! I need warm fuzzies that all will be OK!

Hi Bonbon663,

Would you stop driving a car if somebody somewhere in the world had a mechanical problem with his car? Last week's experience on Infinity was unfortunate, but mechanical problems do happen! And when people are upset about a delay or missing a port, they tend to vent their frustration at other things (crew, service, etc.).

I have cruised Celebrity (and Infinity for that matter) many times before and the service, food, crew, etc. have allways been the best. I am tremendously looking forward to my next cruise on Infinity and there is no way I would cancel. Any day on a cruise ship is better then a day at work :D

Best Regards,

Floris

Thank you....I'm in a new frame of mind than I was last night. I was very upset. I'm feeling more optimistic, and am hoping that all goes well and I can sail next weekend.

I'm seeing posts that Infinity is still sitting at Canada Place. But I just got off the phone with Celebrity and they told me she was already sailing and they don't expect any ports to be missed on this weeks cruise. Hubby and I are scheduled for the week of 8/13. I've got fingers, toes, legs crossed that all goes well! My TA is trying to get more info, but I'm sure she'll be told the same thing. Help! I need warm fuzzies that all will be OK!

If you go to: http://www.celebrityatsea.com/index.aspx?Value=9&Loc=CI2&SLoc=CI&ALocs=123 you will see that Infinity is indeed still in Vancouver. Yesterday it was said that they would sail 8-32 hours late. Obviously customer service is clueless!

I'm on the phone to Captain's Club right now and they know nothing about Infinity's problem. After a time on hold I was told Infinity will be sailing today. A passenger is working in the internet cafe right now.

Now I hope to get my flight problem resolved.

With my new evidence in hand (thanks CStorm!) I called X back and they did confirm she was still in Vancouver. They said at this time only this weeks cruise was affected, but she didn't elaborate any further. She said they've only been told it's POD problems and they're working on it. I feel terrible for those who were supposed to go this week. I know we've been looking forward to our cruise since January (counting day the days literally) so I'm sure it's a huge disapointment! I guess I'll keep my eye on the CC boards, seems to be the most informative (that and phone calls every 2 hours to guest relations....let the stalking begin) and hope for the best for everyone!

According to the Pacific Pilotage Authority web site, Infinity has requested Pilots for a 15:00 [3 pm p.s.t.] July 17th departure. They are to pilot her from Canada place berth #4 to Triple Island- 24 miles south of Prince Rupert.

As we all realize, departures can change!!

Let us all hope that she sails so everyone aboard can enjoy this beautiful ship and some of the most magnificient scenery in the world.

Unless I am seeing things...she isn't on todays move list for Vancouver according to this list...

http://www.ppa.gc.ca/text/jobs-e.php?job=vancouver_jfd

Maybe someone else can spot her name in the list, but I can't. And if thats the case and she is no longer listed as a 'to do' job, then that might not be good news for those aboard her.

Anyone??

If you go to: http://www.celebrityatsea.com/index.aspx?Value=9&Loc=CI2&SLoc=CI&ALocs=123 you will see that Infinity is indeed still in Vancouver. Yesterday it was said that they would sail 8-32 hours late. Obviously customer service is clueless!

With the World Wide Web (not to mention ship & port cams) I wouldn't be dialing a call center in Wichita to get up-to-date information .....

Updated at 17 July, 2006 - 08:40h PST

PORT NAME VESSEL NAME

ENGLISH BAY

EN ROUTE TO ENG BAY ANCH #1 NIPPON MARU

EN ROUTE TO

DOCKS

EN ROUTE TO

CANADA PLACE #1 CORAL PRINCESS

CANADA PLACE #4 INFINITY

EN ROUTE TO TRIPLE ISLAND NORWEGIAN WIND

EN ROUTE TO TRIPLE ISLAND RYNDAM

EN ROUTE TO TRIPLE ISLAND NORWEGIAN STAR

The above was extracted from the Vessel Position Report at the Following site:

http://www.ppa.gc.ca/text/vessel_status-e.php?job=vessel_status_report

What amazes me is that Celebrity seems very confused about what is going and no-one really seems to know what acually happened and what is being done about it. Not at all reassuring for the poor old pax.

robing,

We have not heard from anyone on board the Infinity. They may very well be getting updates and may be fully informed. Celebrity has no obligation to let me or you know what is going on at this moment.

I am expecting them to eventually release a statement. I am expecting the statement to be quite a lot like the last time there was a problem.

As far as anyone you get on the end of a phone line at Celebrity you must have realised by now they quite often give out information that is just not accurate, up to date or even within reason. I just would not bother calling them, it is, judging from past experience and what I have read on Cruise Critic, usually a complete waste of time.

Rest assured that there are many people at Celebrity who know what is going on. None of these people are at Customer Services and none of them are going to be talking to you or me.

In the mean time there are plenty of tools for the enquiring minds amongst us to piece together some information. See below for links to a number of websites that do have information. We will have to be satisfied with that for now.

Happy Travels

Cindy

Hi everyone,

Thought you'd all be interested in reading Cruise Critic's news coverage of the Infinity delay:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1710

Note: This particular problem is actually not bearing-related like those in the past; Celebrity tells us this was an electrical issue.

Oh Dear.... What is the latest, I haven't been on since yesterday morning, and is it still in Vancover??? I leave next sunday with Bon Bon.... I still have airfare up to Vancover, so unless I hear anything, I have to leave. Now, don't get me wrong, I want to go, really bad, HOWEVER... the thought of X cancelling my cruise, giving me a full refund, and getting to go at another time?????? Well, except for the money from the flight, I would do it in a heart beat... Yes, I want to go next week, but a free cruise, IS a FREE cruise... I would LOVE that. Keep us posted those of you that know.

I am SO SO SO GLAD that I am a cruise critic member, so that I have a heads up of what my ship MAY or MAY NOT be doing next week. Thanks to all of you for the updates. Keep them coming.

I walked by the ship on my lunch break, and she is still tied up at Canada Place. There weren't too many people out on deck or on their balconies. Perhaps most passengers got off and took advantage of the good weather we are having today. There were certainly lots of people milling about outside Canada Place and more tourists than normal down in Pacific Centre Mall in the shops and food fair. Hopefully they are clear to go by 4 pm today and only miss 1 day of their itinerary.

Archived