Infinity Vancouver Arrival Delayed 7/16/06

SkyGuy747

I think I'm in the wrong job....I should be a private investigator! I just called a shop located on the cruise ship dock in Ketchikan that I found on the internet and casually asked them when they expected the Infinity in port. They said Friday 2pm-10pm. Wow! Looks like the intinerary has been totally switched around. I'm guessing the same could be done for Juneau?!

Wow bbro...I'm very impressed!! You're right, you should have a second career as a PI. I wonder how things are going on the ship. Thanks for the information. I'll be watching vvverrryy closely to see what happens.

Thanks again!!

Donna

(I'll check more later, if I can get back on the darn boards!!)

Wow bbro...I'm very impressed!! You're right, you should have a second career as a PI. I wonder how things are going on the ship. Thanks for the information. I'll be watching vvverrryy closely to see what happens.

Thanks again!!

Donna

(I'll check more later, if I can get back on the darn boards!!)

Thanks Donna! I've made some more phone calls to local shops in Juneau and Ketchikan and have been told the new itinerary is:

7/17 Leave Vancouver

7/18 Sea Day

7/19 Hubbard Glacier

7/20 Juneau

7/21 Ketchikan

7/22 Sea Day

7/23 Dock in Vancouver

Looks like they're only missing Sitka (not minimalizing the missed port) and rearranging the rest of the ports. *Disclaimer time: I did not get this information from Celebrity - their customer service still doesn't have an updated itinerary (as of this morning). But I tend to believe the local shops have been given an update by their local port authorities. I guess we'll know when this weeks pax start posting after they return. I think your cruise will be fine next week Donna! If I don't talk to you again have a great time and be sure to let us all know how it went!

-BB

hmmmm ..... is it too much to say that it looks like they fixed what was wrong and all will be OK for next week's cruise ? I posted here earlier but don't see it - so, just want to say happy sailing to those going next week! I wish I was going too - I have a whole year to wait.

I doubt we'll such much balance in the reviews of this week's cruise - I'm not going to pay any attention to the really bad rants - it can't always be perfect - I just hope it is perfect for those cruising for their first time - for those folks that save and save - it is heartbreaking when things don't go just right. But, don't get too stressed - I've seen pictures of the food ! on Infinity - looks pretty good to me !!!!!!!! so have a great cruise - keep positive - eat lots ! - and report back !! fingers crossed and praying to the sun gods for you for clear skies !

Bbro,

Thank you soooo much!!!! I have been looking at the webcam all day trying to figure the whole thing out! I will check in a couple of hours and see if they are indeed at Hubbard. Then I will breathe a deep sigh of relief.:)

Happy sailing to allllllllll!!!!!!

:) Don't worry, I'll be sure to let everyone know how it is. I will buy some internet time to keep in contact with home, so, now that I consider a lot of you my friends, I will keep in touch. Thanks for the kind words.

:) Don't worry, I'll be sure to let everyone know how it is. I will buy some internet time to keep in contact with home, so, now that I consider a lot of you my friends, I will keep in touch. Thanks for the kind words.

Oh Bonbon, I would so greatly appreciate it!!!!! I'm anxious to know how everything really is. If they are to be at the glacier in less than one hour, they better hurry up. There's no land in sight!

Oh Bonbon, I would so greatly appreciate it!!!!! I'm anxious to know how everything really is. If they are to be at the glacier in less than one hour, they better hurry up. There's no land in sight!

I see mountains!!!!!

Thought everybody would like to know that on my time which is 5:50p.m. PST they are now in Hubbard. Of course their time is 4:50p.m. but on Alaska Time, 1 hour earlier than us. So yippee.

Marilyn

Looks like they had GORGEOUS weather for Hubbard Glacier!:D I'm sure they are anxious to get off the ship and into a port. I believe that some of them have been on there since Sunday?? Maybe they didn't get on until Monday, I'm not sure...

They got there about 10am local time. Were they supposed to be late?:( The regular itinerary says 8am-9pm for Juneau but I thought I read about different times on a thread yesterday. I've read so much I can't remember what's what!

:) I'm not sure either, but I'm just concerned she gets back to Vancouver for Sunday so I can get on...LOL

I wish someone onboard would post here...I'm anxious to know if Noro is a problem this time around.

event.png

Archived