1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

Based on what I've read here, I just booked the Victory for 9/1 (I took the same cruise this year and loved the itinerary.) I was able to get cabin 2216. It has SH,N,PH in the description. I'm assuming PH stands for porthole (which is why I picked this cabin), but what does SH and N stand for? I'm sure I'll feel stupid when I find out. :D

Don't feel stupid because those codes seem to be only at the Carnival website. The symbols for your room show you have 1 bed, 1 sofa and 2 portholes. I hope when you come back you let us know what you thought.

Thank you. That's perfect. Since I'm not going until next Sept., I hope somebody reports back before then. I just wanted to reserve a room with a porthole (or two).:D

I've stayed twice in 1A's on Carnival. You realize that there is just one single bed....and a pull down berth from the wall. Not much room for snuggling...if that's an objective.

Yes, they are roomy enough for two people. My first 1A was on Paradise...it was basically a square room, lots of walking around space. Nice sized bathroom...no problems at all.

My second was on Glory, and I was able to book one of the 1A's with portholes...that was nice.....you could watch the weather, the ocean.....and not pay the price of an OV. The cabin was more the long, narrow type...still, lots of room for two people. In fact, some of my tablemates came to have a look at it, and they were impressed. They also were in 1A's, but without the portholes.

I do have pictures of the Glory cabin....but not on a public site...just in my pictures. If you want to give your email...I'll gladly send them to you.

I realize this is an old post, but we are staying in this same cabin with the 2 portholes, in a month and I have searched to no avail for a photo, if you still have access to your photo I would love to see it! Thanks:D

seh123@gmail.com

I booked an inside 1a guarantee for Jan on the Elation. Maybe I'll get upgraded, but if I don't has anyone stayed in one of these cabins.? I saw the picture above of the bunk beds and since I'll be solo the top bed will be up on the wall and out of the way. But is the lower bed a "normal" twin sized bed like they have in all the other rooms?

After reading this thread, I decided to check out the 1A cabins on Carnival. But the cheapest ones I can find for solo are $1,098 (for 7 days).

Where are you guys finding the $200-300 range ones?? Do you have to get them at a big "cruise sale?" Carnival does send me emails of their sales, so I'll check next time, but there doesn't seem to be any cheap ones now.

Also, are the large aft rooms (2462 and 2465) a 1A category? It would appear so, but why would they be if they have a window? Or don't they? And what are the stair-like pictures next to those rooms mean? Something noisy?

Your help is appreciated - I'm trying to find a cheap solo cruise for spring 2008. :o

After reading this thread, I decided to check out the 1A cabins on Carnival. But the cheapest ones I can find for solo are $1,098 (for 7 days).

Where are you guys finding the $200-300 range ones?? Do you have to get them at a big "cruise sale?" Carnival does send me emails of their sales, so I'll check next time, but there doesn't seem to be any cheap ones now.

Also, are the large aft rooms (2462 and 2465) a 1A category? It would appear so, but why would they be if they have a window? Or don't they? And what are the stair-like pictures next to those rooms mean? Something noisy?

Your help is appreciated - I'm trying to find a cheap solo cruise for spring 2008. :o

This is an old thread, so you are reading old prices. The 5 day cruise I booked today is for $744.17 (that includes taxes, and gratuities). The same cruise last month in a 6A (OV) guarantee was $916.36. Next Sept the same cruise a 6A (OV) guarantee would be $1,058 (plus$50.00 for gratuities for a total of $1,108). So, I will have a bit of a smaller room, but with two portholes (which were a must) for $364 less than I would pay if I did the 6A OV guarantee.

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm booked for a 1A gty for my cruise on the Legend in April, in the hopes of an upgrate. There are still 2 1A cabins available,who knows if they'll sell out. But after reading this, I'm almost perfectly happy to take the 1A if I end up getting it. :D I don't spend much time in the cabin anyways. Of course who knows what will happen between now and April. It's six months away!

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm booked for a 1A gty for my cruise on the Legend in April, in the hopes of an upgrate. There are still 2 1A cabins available,who knows if they'll sell out. But after reading this, I'm almost perfectly happy to take the 1A if I end up getting it. :D I don't spend much time in the cabin anyways. Of course who knows what will happen between now and April. It's six months away!

Just remember you are on a spirit class ship in which the 1A's do not have any windows, so no matter what you will be in an interior cabin. When we would go walking on all the decks, the rear of the Riviera deck was very noisy with mechanical sounds and you could feel the vibration there.

Good luck with your upgrade and hope you can climb up to a higher deck.

I have no idea where anyone found solo cruises for 200-300 unless it was a last minute cruise and a short one.

The rooms 2462 and 2465 as you probably know are only on the Conquest ships and some, but not all have 2 beds on the floor, however on the Glory, it is one bed on the floor and 1 bed out of the ceiling. The stairs are for the crew and from my reading are not noisy. There are pics of these rooms on the forum as Wenfred stayed in one and a bigger thread of which Conquest ship had what type of setup.

The rooms 2462 and 2465 as you probably know are only on the Conquest ships and some, but not all have 2 beds on the floor, however on the Glory, it is one bed on the floor and 1 bed out of the ceiling. The stairs are for the crew and from my reading are not noisy.

Thanks for your answer. A few more questions, though:

~Do they have a window or porthole?

~Are they 1A?

Thanks for any help. :)

I have 2445 booked on the Triumph. It's a 1A with 2 windows, located starboard and aft, under the Paris dining room. It has a single bed and a bunk bed. This is my first Carnival cruise so I have no idea what it will be like. I haven't found anyone who has been in this cabin recently to give me any feedback. I did hear from someone who had 2444 on the port side and they said there was some engine noise and motion, but nothing unbearable. I'm an early riser, so any early morning noise won't bother me.

Just curious . . . how do you get one of these large, 2 window 1A rooms??? I spent hours checking all the cruises being offered on all the ships with these rooms, and couldn't find any available. And I was checking into 2009 on some of them.

I understand that there are only 2 per ship, but how many years ahead did you guys have to book them? I'm thinking at least 5 or more. Or did you have a TA help find them?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I found out about them reading the boards here or I wouldn't have know about them. I booked my cruise last April and just lucked out that one was available. I booked my cruise myself on the Carnival website. From what I've been hearing, these cabins might not stay 1A's for long - they're being upgraded to regular OV rates.

That would be great! I thinking a 1A because I may end up going by myself. I don't want to book a bigger cabin because I don't want to be stuck with the expense if my friend decides not to go. I don't wait - if I want to go, I book...it's up to them to book if they want to go! My e-mail address is VnessaTX@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

If you arec onsidering going byself you should do a gurantee room I am going my my self in December. I did a gurantee room and got a two deck upgrade:cool:

I would look at it like this if I was going solo:

If I could get a 1A with a porthole I would not want an upgrade if it meant going to the 4A- 4D inside rooms with a window. If I did not care if I had a window or not I would still seriously think about booking a guarantee since a lot of guarantees are rooms that folks do not select due to noise or location. You think it is a great upgrade just to find out you are under the pool or under the pool deck with scraping chairs or next to the banging kitchen galley.

I would look at it like this if I was going solo:

If I could get a 1A with a porthole I would not want an upgrade if it meant going to the 4A- 4D inside rooms with a window. If I did not care if I had a window or not I would still seriously think about booking a guarantee since a lot of guarantees are rooms that folks do not select due to noise or location. You think it is a great upgrade just to find out you are under the pool or under the pool deck with scraping chairs or next to the banging kitchen galley.

Wow! Thanks for your insight. We usually tend to think of "guarantee" as a good thing, but apparently ain't necessarily so. This is a whole new way of looking at it.

Where would we be without these boards . . . :rolleyes:

Deb:p

Wow! Thanks for your insight. We usually tend to think of "guarantee" as a good thing, but apparently ain't necessarily so. This is a whole new way of looking at it.

Where would we be without these boards . . . :rolleyes:

Deb:p

Obviously that was a typo and should have read 4A-4D without a window not with a window but those who know about the 4's would know that. So I would not want to be moved from a 1A with a window to the 4's without a window. Is that better?:rolleyes:

regarding prices: I have Ecstasy booked for a 5-day in Sept 08; website is showing $523 for solo traveler, but I'll be paying less than that since I booked as part of a group. Even the $523 sounded pretty darned reasonable to me! especially compared to $309pp putting two people in the same room (total $618). (That's about 170% instead of 200%.)

Beachyfe....in answer to your question about 1As with portholes/windows....study the ships deck plan. There are more than 2 on many ships. I am on Freedom in June, and will be in a 1A with 2 portholes.

It is in the front of the ship, but for that price, who cares.

Happy Saoling!

Beachyfe....in answer to your question about 1As with portholes/windows....study the ships deck plan. There are more than 2 on many ships. I am on Freedom in June, and will be in a 1A with 2 portholes.

Happy Saoling!

I think Beachyfe means there are only two cabins on each ship with large windows rather than portholes.

Happy Saoling!

I was talking about the 1A rooms at the stern - the large ones with 2 large windows. There are only 2 per ship and only on 8 ships. I have spent far too many hours trying to find any that are available, but no luck.

Are those of you who get these rooms using a TA or searching them yourself? I hope someone will answer me and not feel that helping me get one of these rooms is competition with you.

Thanks! :)

i booked a 1a gty for the Pride sailing on 11/25. Will let you know what it was like, unless i get upgraded ;)

i wont know what my assignment is until i board the ship!

i signed up for e-docs and found out my room assignment. i'll be in a 5A room, obstructed ov on deck 4.

not bad, i guess. if i booked this room specifically, would have cost me $ 400 more at the solo rate.

the Pride has no 1a porthole cabins.