1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

When I book a 1A I am specifically booking the ones with the windows. I don't want an upgrade unless it's to an outside cabin. I would turn down any upgrades to a regular inside. If I can't get those specific 1A's I'll book an outside.

Is there only one of these cabins in 1A category on each ship or are there two, one on each side? I have never cruised on Carnival but am currently shopping just in case my husband takes pity on me or wants to get rid of me because I am miserable because I don't have one even booked as yet.

Thanks for your advice on the rooms. I feel SOOOO much better about my choice now. Especially since you said the room was quiet. Can't quite figure out how you can get a room with windows for a 1(A) price, but I won't complain!!! And a toilet with a view -- WOW -- something to write home about ...

Any more tips about the Triumph?

Mary T.

Is there only one of these cabins in 1A category on each ship or are there two, one on each side? I have never cruised on Carnival but am currently shopping just in case my husband takes pity on me or wants to get rid of me because I am miserable because I don't have one even booked as yet.

They are on both sides. The ones in the back have the big windows. The ones in the front have portholes.

I snagged a 1A on the Transatlantic Cruise on the Carnival Dream next October. This one is the very first cabin on Riviera Deck with portholes. And it has a single bed and a sofa. I can't wait. How do I go by making sure that Carnival doesn't give me a so called "upgrade" to an inside cabin. I want to make sure I keep that cabin unless they are willing to upgrade me to a regular outside or balcony? I don't think I want to spend 16 days without natural light. Last year on the Carnival Freedom I was upgraded to on outside. But I wasn't going solo then.

I'm pretty sure that

SH = shower, and

N = nonsmoking

I just booked two 3-days in 1A's to get more credits towards Platinum too...and I never thought I would stay in an inside...but I want to be platinum before 2010.

I snagged a 1A on the Transatlantic Cruise on the Carnival Dream next October. This one is the very first cabin on Riviera Deck with portholes. And it has a single bed and a sofa. I can't wait. How do I go by making sure that Carnival doesn't give me a so called "upgrade" to an inside cabin. I want to make sure I keep that cabin unless they are willing to upgrade me to a regular outside or balcony? I don't think I want to spend 16 days without natural light. Last year on the Carnival Freedom I was upgraded to on outside. But I wasn't going solo then.

Tell Carnival if you booked through them directly or your Travel Agent to make sure to notate on your reservation that you don't want an upgrade.

Flem .. think we are neighbors .. I am in Merritt Island .. I just booked the Liberty end of Nov ... beginning of Dec. as a garanteed 1A looking to get bumped up to 4a or better ... going single but have to pay double except for taxes, port charges etc. I got great rate 349 .. so total is 759 or so .. I think it is a great deal and so not have to deal with roommate ..

Tell Carnival if you booked through them directly or your Travel Agent to make sure to notate on your reservation that you don't want an upgrade.

When I looked at my reservation yesterday on Carnival.com my cabin was changed to a 5A 2 doors down from the original. I checked it out. It looks like this cabin still has portholes. But has twin beds that can be pushed together. And still has a sofa. I think the new cabin will be fine. I wonder why they changed me a week after a booked, and sailing isn't for another 400 and some days away?

• 4 weeks later...

I just booked the Triumph for next 8/09. I was able to get cabin 2444, the 1A with the 2 windows. I will be traveling with my Down Sydrome son, who will get the twin bed. Im a senior citizen and might not be able to clime up the bunk ladder. Is that couch a convertible sofa that I could use instead of the bunk? Or maybe request a cot?:confused:

I just booked the Triumph for next 8/09. I was able to get cabin 2444, the 1A with the 2 windows. I will be traveling with my Down Sydrome son, who will get the twin bed. Im a senior citizen and might not be able to clime up the bunk ladder. Is that couch a convertible sofa that I could use instead of the bunk? Or maybe request a cot?:confused:

I don't think that the sofa in the cabin I was in was convertable to a bed. You might be be able to get a cot in there, but you may have problems getting around at night when it's set up. If getting up into the bunk will be a problem, I'd suggest a cabin with two twin beds.

• 2 weeks later...

I have traveled 1A on all my past cruises and have been upgraded on each one. All have been on Carnival, traveling military rate, with about a 130% surcharge. On my upcoming trip in November, no single supplement was added my rate. If I get offered an upgrade I will smile, take it and say thank you. But, I would not be disappointed if one does not come along. I am happy to get what I pay for. Any thing else is just a little "lagnaipe".

• 1 month later...

Just got back from my first solo cruise, Carnival Ecstasy.

I had a guarantee 1A and was assigned a 1A cabin.

If I had it to do over again, I would take the 1A but pick my own cabin.

E (Empress) deck is right under one of the dining rooms, so if you're in your cabin while the waiters are dancing, you hear their feet!!!

And it's the closest one to the elevators, so all night long you hear them ding, ding, ding!!!

HOWEVER - it was surprisingly spacious - actually I think it had the biggest bathroom I've had on a cruise so far!

Here are pics:

2py29hw.jpg72g12t.jpg35bck6g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your advice on the rooms. I feel SOOOO much better about my choice now. Especially since you said the room was quiet. Can't quite figure out how you can get a room with windows for a 1(A) price, but I won't complain!!! And a toilet with a view -- WOW -- something to write home about ...

Any more tips about the Triumph?

Mary T.

It's not the Triumph,but I'm looking at the Holiday in May 2008. Thanks to those on the Carnival board, I know which 1A have windows and portholes.

My travel agent have all the 1A with windows and portholes open for booking, but the Carnival website don't. I know that they are in the back of the ship and expect some rumbling when arriving into port, but that's a small price to pay for an outside cabin for an inside price.

It's not the Triumph,but I'm looking at the Holiday in May 2008. Thanks to those on the Carnival board, I know which 1A have windows and portholes.

My travel agent have all the 1A with windows and portholes open for booking, but the Carnival website don't. I know that they are in the back of the ship and expect some rumbling when arriving into port, but that's a small price to pay for an outside cabin for an inside price.

The Holiday 1A cabins with portholes are in the front. There are a few in the aft with windows.

I'm pretty sure that

SH = shower, and

N = nonsmoking

I just booked two 3-days in 1A's to get more credits towards Platinum too...and I never thought I would stay in an inside...but I want to be platinum before 2010.

Will a 3-day booking count towards attaining the platinum level? I thought I read that the only cruises that count had to be 5 days or greater. Please let me know, beause I can book several 4-days in my area.

Karen

Is there a web site where singles booking 1A can chat about future cruises and maybe book aboard the same sailings? Therefore, more singles would be booked on the same vessel and go possibly book excursions or have dinner together, etc. I am unable to find friends and/or co-workers who are willing to take the time off from work or be willing to spend the money to go on a cruise. Karen

Is there a web site where singles booking 1A can chat about future cruises and maybe book aboard the same sailings? Therefore, more singles would be booked on the same vessel and go possibly book excursions or have dinner together, etc. I am unable to find friends and/or co-workers who are willing to take the time off from work or be willing to spend the money to go on a cruise. Karen

Karen, this is the perfect site for that. I believe that it's within the rules as long as someone isn't using it to look for a cabin mate.

I'm always looking for cruises to go on. Right now I have 3 bookings, 10/11 and 10/16 on the Destiny and 10/20 on the Miracle. There are some other solo cruisers on them and the prices are still good, at least when I checked last.

-Mark

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best food for diabeic needs on a particular ship. i am going to Alaska and it seems like Carnival Spirit has the best choices. They have the refrigerators in each room, ( store insulin) and I was told they have "real" desserts and not just fruit. Has anyone been on this ship or know of a better ne?

I booked a 1A and paid 140%. Plus, once i arrived, they'd upgraded me to a bigger better cabin. When iwas searching for a single, Carnival was the only one that didn't charge 200%. Good Luck.

I've had the same experience Carolyne00. I've also have paid a couple times about 135-140% in a 1A. Most of the time I've been upgraded to a better cabin, the only two times that I wasn't were when I was one of the last passengers booked and when I booked a 1A on the Veranda deck and had a message attached to the booking that said I had to be called before being upgraded. Personally I would rather have an inside on that deck than an inside (4A) or outside on the Rivera deck.

-Mark

Have you found Carnival inferior to other cruise lines?

I have only sailed on Carnival so I really can't make the comparison. Not that I wouldn't sail on another line, but because I've had a great time on every cruise that I've been on and it seems like Carnival has the best value. I'm not much into dressing up every night for dinner which would remove a few cruise lines from my list. It's nice to have a couple of formal nights but every night wouldn't be my thing, not to mention I can reduce my luggage space because I don't have to pack a suit jacket since they're no longer a requirement.

I personally wouldn't think that Carnival is inferior to any line but that's because they provide me with a cruise that I find meets all my expectations. I'm sure that there are people that are looking for something else and they would probably think differently. But that's why different lines exist, to provide the services that their clientale are looking for.

-Mark