1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

Booked my first B2B on the Victory for Feb 2010. Got one of the 1A cabins with the 2 large windows for both cruises. Prices were $690 (first week) & $710 (second week). That's $1400 for 2 weeks! :)

That's a good price, $100 a day for a solo traveler. That's usally what I use as a bench mark for a good deal. You're going to love doing a B2B because on the last night as everyone is getting ready to get off the ship the next day, you'll be looking forward to starting another week cruise. When I've done B2B's, it only took about 20 mins or so to leave the ship and get back on.

-Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I am booked on the Destiny in a 1a at the back on the main level room 2334 is that one with windows ?? I would love it if it were this is my first cruise and I am going solo !!

My guess would be that it does have an oceanview since it's along the ship. It appears that it's classified as a 1A because of being near the steps and an odd shape.

If you haven't looked at the layout, here's the link:

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=DE

Have a great cruise! Let us know how much you enjoyed it when you get back.

-Mark

Hi I am booked on the Destiny in a 1a at the back on the main level room 2334 is that one with windows ?? I would love it if it were this is my first cruise and I am going solo !!

I'm pretty sure that you have one of the rooms that has the two picture windows. Enjoy! I'll be doing my solo in June. :)

Yes, that is one of the two cabins with the large windows. Unfortunately for us solo cruisers Carnival got wise to the popularity of these cabins and is reclassifying the cabin category on these to 6B. You have gotten a great cabin and enjoy your cruise.

Do the 1A's under the dining room have a lot of noise?

I haven't had a cabin on the Fantasy under the dinning room. However, I had a 1A cabin on the Miracle (second to the last cabin aft) and I didn't hear any noise from the dinning room.

-Mark

Yes, that is one of the two cabins with the large windows. Unfortunately for us solo cruisers Carnival got wise to the popularity of these cabins and is reclassifying the cabin category on these to 6B. You have gotten a great cabin and enjoy your cruise.

A case of look before you type! I did check on the Triumph which is a ship I have gotten these cabins on before and for some reason on the sailings out of New Orleans the deck plans are showing these as 6B's . However on other ships with these cabins they still appear to be 1A's on some of the dates I checked. So, really hard to say what is going on or how these cabins will be categorized in the future, will just have to check each individual sailing. Sorry for any confusion.

A case of look before you type! I did check on the Triumph which is a ship I have gotten these cabins on before and for some reason on the sailings out of New Orleans the deck plans are showing these as 6B's . However on other ships with these cabins they still appear to be 1A's on some of the dates I checked. So, really hard to say what is going on or how these cabins will be categorized in the future, will just have to check each individual sailing. Sorry for any confusion.

My guess is that these 1A's will be reclassified when Carnival reclassifies all the cabins on the ship. Just a guess. But I do appreciate you mentioning that it has already been done on some ships.

If anyone wants to see any 1A pics from the Carnival Elation, let me know. I had E189 and it worked out perfectly for just me!

I'm considering that cabin for a 3 day Baja cruise. I normally always have a window or porthole, but the price is just too good to pass up. What's it like?

I'm considering that cabin for a 3 day Baja cruise. I normally always have a window or porthole, but the price is just too good to pass up. What's it like?

here ya go! Don't mind my mess!

ry%3D400

see the Pullman bed above

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Thanks for the pictures. I booked the cruise - going on the Elation on June 4 for a 3 day Baja quickie. I have cabin U175. What did you think of the ship? I generally do OVs so I'm kind of concerned about the lack of natural light, but I guess I can use room service or a wake-up call or alarm clock to make sure I don't oversleep. The price was just too good to pass up - $268. It was almost double that for a solo OV. I'm going to check closer to sailing to see what kind of upgrades they're offering.

Thanks for the pictures. I booked the cruise - going on the Elation on June 4 for a 3 day Baja quickie. I have cabin U175. What did you think of the ship? I generally do OVs so I'm kind of concerned about the lack of natural light, but I guess I can use room service or a wake-up call or alarm clock to make sure I don't oversleep. The price was just too good to pass up - $268. It was almost double that for a solo OV. I'm going to check closer to sailing to see what kind of upgrades they're offering.

Hi Judy! That was a good deal! I paid $359 and I booked late! Ahh well!! This was my first solo cruise and second time cruising. My first cruise was with my husband a year and a half ago and I was sick so I had nothing to compare it to! I liked this ship a lot. They had the Serenity area deck with lounge chairs and two hot tubs....ADULTS ONLY which I enjoyed. Someone brought their child into the hot tub and the staff immediately asked that family to leave. I'm glad they enforced the rules. I am a bit claustrophobic and the small space didn't bother me. I "practiced" hanging out in my walk in closet here at home to get a feel for it. Sounds silly but it worked. I used the alarm clock feature on my cell phone so I would wake up on time.

For light, I kept the little night light thingy on which was under the television. Plus, there was light coming in from the hallway underneath my room door. I didn't spend much time in the room. I would leave for breakfast, come back in the afternoon and nap and then come back late at night. I really enjoy dancing...A LOT and I spent a lot of time in the Romeo and Juliet lounge dancing as if my life depended on it! I did kareoke a few times in the Cole Porter Lounge which is very nice by the way. The shows Rhythm (2nd night) and Spin (3rd night) were great. I really enjoyed Spin...better than Rhythm.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I had a blast and I am itching to do this again very soon..but solo!!!!

Thanks for all the information. I'm really looking forward to some R&R after a week visiting with family in California (I live in Maryland).

I'm talking with some girlfriends about a Canada/NE cruise in September, but even with friends going, I think most of us are going to get solo cabins since we all live alone.

Thanks for all the information. I'm really looking forward to some R&R after a week visiting with family in California (I live in Maryland).

I'm talking with some girlfriends about a Canada/NE cruise in September, but even with friends going, I think most of us are going to get solo cabins since we all live alone.

Sounds like fun! I am going to Jamaica in three weeks for the WGW (Wives Gone Wild) trip with my best friend! Ha ha, WGW is just a stupid name we made up but it's too funny and it creates a stir controversy at work! Anyway, I am definitely considering doing this cruise again! Enjoy hanging out with your family in beautiful southern Cali!

Did E189 feel small?

Not at all...I was pleasantly surprised. Like I said, I practiced hanging out in my walk in closet to give me a good feel for what to expect. I will say, I wouldn't want to share this room with anyone else. It's perfect for just one person. The room is L-shaped and you can get around easily. I didn't feel cramped at all. I did hit my head on the pullman bed the first day but then again..I'm 5'10"!!!!

I am looking at cruises now and I would actually book this category again. Definitely worth the money!

Not at all...I was pleasantly surprised. Like I said, I practiced hanging out in my walk in closet to give me a good feel for what to expect. I will say, I wouldn't want to share this room with anyone else. It's perfect for just one person. The room is L-shaped and you can get around easily. I didn't feel cramped at all. I did hit my head on the pullman bed the first day but then again..I'm 5'10"!!!!

I am looking at cruises now and I would actually book this category again. Definitely worth the money!

I'll practice the ducking! I'm also 5'10".

I sailed Carnival Spirit to Mexico last month in a 1A guarantee and it was fine for one or two. Mine had a double bed in it, vanity/desk table, plenty of closet and storage space. I only slept and showered there so it was plenty of room for me and would be ok for 2 if you want to save money.

I was very happy with my cabin and the whole Carnival experience. Great food, great service and great guests too! :D

Have a great cruise.:)

I enjoy doing a cruise by myself once a year to just get away from everything and make my own schedule. Eat when hungry, sleep when I get tired. Here are pictures of Carnival Imagination inside 1A cabins. These are the refurbishd cabins are generally the same on each of the Fantasy class ships. This is Cabin E183 on the Imagination. Great location aft, closr to the stairs that lead to Promenade and right into the back entrance of the Lido buffet

396648597_Fall08004.jpg.a3889aa8f4afa07fdb727f01101e7c00.jpg

1376180847_Fall08005.jpg.b4a52b0edc3d908d3e42ebc109f84997.jpg

483961182_Fall08007.jpg.8a59305dc0ba33812b15d8a6c782d60d.jpg

1651672388_Fall08006.jpg.85ac4f2ebc935af3eb4d8adae8f062f2.jpg

I'll practice the ducking! I'm also 5'10".

ha ha just be careful!

I enjoy doing a cruise by myself once a year to just get away from everything and make my own schedule. Eat when hungry, sleep when I get tired. Here are pictures of Carnival Imagination inside 1A cabins. These are the refurbishd cabins are generally the same on each of the Fantasy class ships. This is Cabin E183 on the Imagination. Great location aft, closr to the stairs that lead to Promenade and right into the back entrance of the Lido buffet

Or in my case...eat all the time!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really excited- I just booked my first solo cruise on the Inspiration for Oct 5 and I have an 1A single cabin on the Empire deck. I'm guessing most of these rooms are pretty much the same and judging from the photos shared, they seem to look good. :)