1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

I'm really excited- I just booked my first solo cruise on the Inspiration for Oct 5 and I have an 1A single cabin on the Empire deck. I'm guessing most of these rooms are pretty much the same and judging from the photos shared, they seem to look good. :)

For a solo cruiser, the 1A is a great choice. Room enough to stretch out and relax. I enjoy the fact that there is no outside light except the little from under the door. Your cabin on the empress deck is a great location. close to the stairs that lead up to the promenade deck and right into the back of the buffet. (The fantasy class ships are all alike :D)

I enjoy doing a cruise by myself once a year to just get away from everything and make my own schedule. Eat when hungry, sleep when I get tired. Here are pictures of Carnival Imagination inside 1A cabins. These are the refurbishd cabins are generally the same on each of the Fantasy class ships. This is Cabin E183 on the Imagination. Great location aft, closr to the stairs that lead to Promenade and right into the back entrance of the Lido buffet

Hello ATL2LAS!!

Thanks for sharing your pics.. Was wondering what they looked like.. I am looking into a 1A for spring 2010 solo.

Next up: Caribbean Princess, May 24 (2 weeks)!!!:D

Then: Explorer of the Seas (RCL) Sept. 17:)

Regards,

NewJersey222

Marie

The funny thing about the 1As on Carnival is that they are larger than some of the oceanviews on RCCL

. . . . or on Princess too! I was shocked when I took my first Princess cruise and was in a balcony room. The room size was smaller than an inside on Carnival and the bathroom was 1/2 the size!! I really enjoy Princess, but now get minisuites to have enough room.

• 2 weeks later...
These rooms really do look pretty big:D

Are these your pictures? I was wondering because I had read somewhere about the excessive noise from the vibration and also that 2335 had a bunk bed vs 2 singles.

Thanks a lot for the pics.

Thanks for all the info everyone! I just booked my first solo cruise and was really nervous about the room as everyone told me that it was very small. The pictures make it look pretty nice and the price was reasonable considering what they charge for single cruisers. Did any of you who stayed in this room notice a lot of noise coming from the stairwell next to it? How about the vibration?

Thanks for all the info everyone! I just booked my first solo cruise and was really nervous about the room as everyone told me that it was very small. The pictures make it look pretty nice and the price was reasonable considering what they charge for single cruisers. Did any of you who stayed in this room notice a lot of noise coming from the stairwell next to it? How about the vibration?

I'll be staying in this room in a couple of weeks. I'll come back to let you know.

I am in 1207 on the Valor (Carnival) on May 30. I appreciate the photos of rooms with portholes so I will have some idea as to what to expect. This is my frst solo cruise. I have met some people via the roll call, so it should be a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody ever had a 1A on the Splendor that was on the Panorama Deck. Did you get the Spa perks, or is it only accessible to the 4S & the Balcony cabins.

Thanks,

Joanne

Just got back from a 3 day Elation cruise to Catalina. I had cabin U175, an inside 1A. Not having natural light wasn't too bad, but I think I'd rather have a window or porthole for any cruise longer than 3 days. Having room service as a wake-up call every morning helped. It's exactly like the pictures shown here. Lots of room, especially for one person.

Just got back from a 3 day Elation cruise to Catalina. I had cabin U175, an inside 1A. Not having natural light wasn't too bad, but I think I'd rather have a window or porthole for any cruise longer than 3 days. Having room service as a wake-up call every morning helped. It's exactly like the pictures shown here. Lots of room, especially for one person.

That's great!!! I'm on Elation in December for my birthday in the same E189 again but this time, my friend who has never cruised is coming with me. I made her promise to take the top bunk cause I am not going up there and she agreed!!! If I were taking a longer cruise, I too would get a room with "real" light!

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't find an answer to this question using the search function. If I book a 1A on a Carnival cruise (upper/lower I believe they are), do I get the room, or is it a share? I saw the following symbols on the Carnival web site next to the 1A (SH,N) and I couldn't find a key to tell me what it meant.

I booked a 1a Guarantee and was upgraded to a 4a. It was a very nice room on the Riveria Deck. Twin beds and nice bathroom. Try booking a 1a Guarantee and hopefully you will be upgraded as well as being a little cheaper in price. When you go solo that's just your room. They don't have anybody share it with you. Good Luck Mary49

I am in 1207 on the Valor (Carnival) on May 30. I appreciate the photos of rooms with portholes so I will have some idea as to what to expect. This is my frst solo cruise. I have met some people via the roll call, so it should be a lot of fun.

If you remember, would you come back and tell us how you liked that cabin? I have the same one booked on the Conquest in Jan. and I've heard good and bad about it.

So I'm still a little confused. You don't have to book a guarantee to possibly get an upgrade? I've always picked my cabin and don't tell them NOT to upgrade me, but I've never been moved. I thought it was because I didn't book a guarantee.

• 4 weeks later...

I have booked a 1A cabin many times in the past and find the cabin to be nice and roomy. I find that it is an affordable option for SOLO cruisers. I do not spend a lot of time in the room while I am on a cruise. I enjoy sleeping late while on vacation and being in an inside room blocks out all of the light!

• 4 weeks later...
On both the Paradise and the Inspiration I was assigned a cabin on the Upper deck - U171 - both times and that was a guarantee.

If I were given the option of a category 1 with portholes at the time of booking - I much prefer the natural light as opposed to a larger - yet inside cabin. Personally, I found the cabin well designed and that there was more than enough space for me and my belongings.

I find this cabin to be much better than the one I had this past winter on the MSC Opera. On this ship - it seemed that the bed took up the whole cabin with no room to move around.

Cheers

I am debating booking this U171 on the Inspirationin 2 weeks.

I always thought most 1A cabins also wheel-chair accessible cabins? Another reason for the smaller beds and more spacious walking room abd usually slightly larger bathrooms/showers. I was walking down the hall and noticed one that was being cleaned. I asked the room stewart if I could take a peak fast fro future reference. I thought it was a good size for a get-away cruise on the cheap. I went to the front desk and asked all the info about the cabin, catagory, what it sold for on that cruise etc. It also did have a porthole and was the price of an inside cabin.

If you search on say Travelocity, you can see what cabins are open to choose and if they are along the outside and would have portholes even though they are listed as an inside cabin. You can also ask your cruise rep if they have any 1A's avail with portholes. BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK.

I enjoy doing a cruise by myself once a year to just get away from everything and make my own schedule. Eat when hungry, sleep when I get tired. Here are pictures of Carnival Imagination inside 1A cabins. These are the refurbishd cabins are generally the same on each of the Fantasy class ships. This is Cabin E183 on the Imagination. Great location aft, closr to the stairs that lead to Promenade and right into the back entrance of the Lido buffet

Thanks for posting this. I have this cabin in 6 days. I booked it spur of the moment and have been wondering what it looked like.

Hi, I was just wondering how your cruise was and if you liked the room? Was the view good? And was it noisy?

I loved the view. It was a little noisy in the mornings, but it didn't bother me because I already up anyway. There's a link to my review in my signature. There are pictures of the room there. :)

I just priced my November 2010 Thanksgiving week cruise on both Carnival and Princess. Both to the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan, ports almost similar. The early saver 1A price on Carnival (with a cabin with a window or portholes) is $733 (not including a $100 FCC discount plus another $100 OBC). The solo inside price on Princess, including a $100 FCC, is $1198 and an obstructed OV is $1348, almost double. As much as I love Princess, this is why I cruise Carnival.

Where do you see a $100 FCC and $100OBC discount?

It's not on the website, it's just something I've seen discussed on the Carnival boards. I intend to check it out on my November cruise. I've seen the future cruise desks, but never stopped to talk to anyone before. However, even without those incentives I'll still book the Carnival cruise.