1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

Mark,

Which cruise lines require formal every night? None of the mainstream lines - RCI, NCL, HAL, Celebrity, etc. require formal.

Roz

From what I read, I believe that some of the Luxury Cruise lines like Crystal and Cunard require more formal attire in the dining room even on none "formal nights". To me, anytime that I can't wear jeans in a dining room is formal.

-Mark

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best food for diabeic needs on a particular ship. i am going to Alaska and it seems like Carnival Spirit has the best choices. They have the refrigerators in each room, ( store insulin) and I was told they have "real" desserts and not just fruit. Has anyone been on this ship or know of a better ne?

All of the cruise lines are able to accommodate any special dining needs if you tell them in advance and then tell your waiter again on your first night in the dining room. If you eat breakfast and/or lunch in the dining room you'll have to let them know each time since you'll have different waiters because it's open seating. There are sugar free dessert items in all venues and they will try to make anything else to conform with your needs. They are very motivated to work with you.

Holland America accommodates diabetics and others with special dietary needs. Oftentimes I order their sugar free desserts just because they're appealing and taste good. They're definitlely not just fruit.

Roz

• 4 weeks later...

My single suppliment for my upcoming Spirit cruise was 121%.

Still too early for my cabin assignment, so an upgrade may be possible, but even if not, it's no big deal to me as I only go to the stateroom to sleep & shower...

I just booked a 1A guarantee on the Fascination. Hoping for an upgrade, or a paid upgrade in the form of my sister deciding to join me and us springing for an outside cabin. Either way I'll be happy.

Roz

Window2.jpg

Room5.jpg

Stateroom.jpg

That's cabin 1211 on the Glory. It's available Jan 17th for $519 ppdo or a solo supplement of 144%

On the new Carnival Spendor they have raised the Cat of those choice cabins in the back to something like a 4A or above. I had one of these on the Carnival Freedom and it was nice but a little noisy back there but very large. I would take one again in a minute.

If you go to Carnival's website and click on "Funships" at the top, it will take you to links for each ship. From there, you can see the deck plan, which will tell you whether the cabin has a window, porthole, bunk beds, etc.

If you go to Carnival's website and click on "Funships" at the top, it will take you to links for each ship. From there, you can see the deck plan, which will tell you whether the cabin has a window, porthole, bunk beds, etc.

Oh, trust me, I'm a pro on the Carnival website (and most other cruise-related sites), but Carnival doesn't differentiate between bunk beds and upper/lower. That's what I was looking for. But thanks for the assist! :)

Oh, trust me, I'm a pro on the Carnival website (and most other cruise-related sites), but Carnival doesn't differentiate between bunk beds and upper/lower. That's what I was looking for. But thanks for the assist! :)

They're the same thing.

Will a 3-day booking count towards attaining the platinum level? I thought I read that the only cruises that count had to be 5 days or greater. Please let me know, beause I can book several 4-days in my area.

As far as I know, *all* cruise lengths (even 2 nighters) count. I've never seen anything to the contrary.

Have you found Carnival inferior to other cruise lines?

I suspect a lot of it depends on the ship and the itinerary, and the sorts of things you're interested in, but I've personally found Carnival to be superior to RCCL, at the least. I've got no basis for comparison with other, more expensive lines, though.

Does anyone know which aft 1A cabins on the Holiday (Carnival) have windows? And if they are bunk beds or separate twin beds? Help please?

The Holiday deck plans don't have the usual upper/lower symbols on them, but the 1A description says upper and lower, so I would plan assuming they're upper/lower beds (Not quite the same as bunk beds as they don't necessarily need to be one on top of the other...)

Thanks all for the help, but there IS a difference between bunk beds, and an upper and lower. Bunk beds are what is shown on the basic 1A pictures, and an upper and lower has a normal Carnival lower bed and an upper that folds out of the wall. Maybe I'm crazy, but I consider those 2 different things. :)

Thanks all for the help, but there IS a difference between bunk beds, and an upper and lower. Bunk beds are what is shown on the basic 1A pictures, and an upper and lower has a normal Carnival lower bed and an upper that folds out of the wall. Maybe I'm crazy, but I consider those 2 different things. :)

Samantha,

No, you are not crazy. I think most of us consider the 1A pictures show two "twin" beds, not "bunk" beds. When sailing as a solo, you have your Steward just leave the top one up against the wall or ceiling.

When I think of bunk beds, I think of where two twin beds are one piece of furniture with one on top of the other such as those in a child's room or those I slept in at Girl Scout Camp.

I sincerely hope this clears up the situation!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
typo due to my fat paws & skinny 'puter keys!

Samantha' date='

No, you are not crazy. I think most of us consider the 1A pictures show two "twin" beds, not "bunk" beds. When sailing as a solo, you have your Steward just leave the top one up against the wall or ceiling.

When I think of bunk beds, I think of where two twin beds are one piece of furniture with one on top of the other such as those in a child's room or those I slept in at Girl Scout Camp.

I sincerely hope this clears up the situation!

Kat [img']http://skins.*****/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/img]

Those 1A photos that Carnival shows look like the bed set up for my DH and my first cruise on Carnival's FESTIVAL ship back in the 80's. They were indeed bunk beds which stayed in place the entire cruise. However, we still had plenty of room.

:confused::confused:So does Carnival have any ships now with the REAL bunk beds in the cabins? I thought all the beds that fold up/down from the wall?

In case anyone's looking to snag one of the well-sought-after 1A rooms with the 2 big windows and a sofa . . . . room 2445 on the Triumph is available for the Western Caribbean on 4/10/2010. :D

Do you know what the solo price is for these cabins/cruise/who-where to book it through for that price?:confused:

Edited by monakayk

I just booked, what will be, my 1st solo cruise. I'll be on the Destiny and paid a gty rate for a 1A (150%) and was able to pick my cabin #2334. Cabin #2335 on the other side is still available if anyone wants to grab it:D

I googled it and found that it had the 2 windows, is 220 sq ft and has a long shower. I'm pleased. I'll just keep a look out for any price decreases.

How can a 1A be 220 square feet? :confused:

Roz

Because they're often the same size as the other rooms on the ship. :). CCL has HUGE rooms. Depending on which ship you're looking at, a 1A may be exactly the same as the rest of the inside cabins, it's just labeled different. Which ship are you looking at in particular?

I'm in #R52 on the Fascination. Both Carnival and Holland America have generous cabins, but I've never been in one (inside or outside) that's been over 185 square feet.

Roz

How can a 1A be 220 square feet? :confused:

Roz

That's what someone wrote either on a review or on another thread. If you look at the deck plan, it definitely looks bigger. maybe someone on this thread has been in this cabin on the Destiny.

If it is great and if not, that's fine too...afterall, it's only me;)