1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

How can a 1A be 220 square feet? :confused:

Roz

OK, I just found a piece that someone had written about this cabin:

I booked 2334 on Destiny today for 12/09/2007 sailing at a single rate of $578!:D I had my TA call CCL and they say its a 220 sq. ft. cabin with 2 picture windows and upper and lower. Anyone have pictures and info if bedding was replaced in recent drydock?

For once, the search engine worked:D:D

How can a 1A be 220 square feet? :confused:

Roz

It's probably the L-shaped 1A at the back of the ship. I had one on the Triumph last year and booked a similar one on the Valor for next year. It has a hallway and that's what gives it the extra square footage.

I will be traveling aboard ms Splendor November 21 for an 8 day exotic Caribbean cruise. I will let you know about my 1A accommodations when I return. I am so ready for this cruise to get started!!

Karen

I look forward to reading your review. I sail solo in May 09 in a Cat 1A cabin.

PJ

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked, what will be, my 1st solo cruise. I'll be on the Destiny and paid a gty rate for a 1A (150%) and was able to pick my cabin #2334. Cabin #2335 on the other side is still available if anyone wants to grab it:D

I googled it and found that it had the 2 windows, is 220 sq ft and has a long shower. I'm pleased. I'll just keep a look out for any price decreases.

Cabin 2335 on the Destiny:

Cabin2.jpg

Cabin1.jpg

Cabin 2335 on the Destiny:

Cabin2.jpg

Cabin1.jpg

These rooms really do look pretty big:D

Are these your pictures? I was wondering because I had read somewhere about the excessive noise from the vibration and also that 2335 had a bunk bed vs 2 singles.

Thanks a lot for the pics.

Samantha' date='

No, you are not crazy. I think most of us consider the 1A pictures show two "twin" beds, not "bunk" beds. When sailing as a solo, you have your Steward just leave the top one up against the wall or ceiling.

When I think of bunk beds, I think of where two twin beds are one piece of furniture with one on top of the other such as those in a child's room or those I slept in at Girl Scout Camp.

I sincerely hope this clears up the situation!

Kat [img']http://skins.*****/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/img]

Thanks much for the info. I guess in the photos it looked like a bunk bed to me, but I guess it was just the ladder and different bedding they show - almost like wool military blankets it looks like. :confused: I know they use the fluffy white blankets on twins so it kind of threw me.

Anyway, DH and I booked a 1A on the Holiday (U217) for the last ever sailing next November. We figured we could do the upper and lower for the price - especially considering the cabin has the picture window!

Thanks everyone for the help - apologies for my thick skull and not getting the upper/lower vs bunk beds thing right off the bat...:o

These rooms really do look pretty big:D

Are these your pictures? I was wondering because I had read somewhere about the excessive noise from the vibration and also that 2335 had a bunk bed vs 2 singles.

Thanks a lot for the pics.

Yes, I snapped these with my cameraphone. The 2nd bed can be seen in the last picture, look for the pink outline on the ceiling above the 1st bed.

There was no noise or vibration in that room.

Yes, I snapped these with my cameraphone. The 2nd bed can be seen in the last picture, look for the pink outline on the ceiling above the 1st bed.

There was no noise or vibration in that room.

Great! Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...

I was checking out some prices for a solo cruise in late August. Carnival's new early saver program seems to apply to solo's in a 1A.

A five day cruise, solo in a 1A on Destiny in late August dropped from $561 to $485 (total cost) with the discounted price. ;)

The deposit is non-refundable, but it is something to think about!:rolleyes:

I was on the refurbished Carnival Fascination out of JAX January 5-10, 2009.

I paid about $350 for a 1A inside cabin on the Riviera deck, R52 to be exact. I was anticipating a broom closet, but these are great little rooms. Very conveniently located, and well organized and efficiently laid out in an "L" configuration. The single bed allows for plenty of room to walk around, and there's ample drawer and closet space. The top bunk is folded up onto the wall, with the ladder stowed in the closet.

Carnival's done a very nice job of refurbishing the ship.

Roz

• 2 weeks later...
I was on the refurbished Carnival Fascination out of JAX January 5-10, 2009.

I paid about $350 for a 1A inside cabin on the Riviera deck, R52 to be exact. I was anticipating a broom closet, but these are great little rooms. Very conveniently located, and well organized and efficiently laid out in an "L" configuration. The single bed allows for plenty of room to walk around, and there's ample drawer and closet space. The top bunk is folded up onto the wall, with the ladder stowed in the closet.

Carnival's done a very nice job of refurbishing the ship.

Thanks for this info!! I had a 1A on the Miracle and it was a normal inside cabin. I know that on the Fanasty that the 1A won't be. But long as the room is clean,the bed comfy, I will have a great time!! Besides, I'm not in my cabin too much!!

Roz

Thanks for this info!! I had a 1A on the Miracle a few years back and it was a standard inside cabin. But I'm sailing on the Fanasty and I know that the 1A on this ship have the bunk beds, but I think that since the top one is folded into the wall, it won't be a bad cabin. But all I ask for in a cabin on a cruise is it's clean and the bed comfy!! Beside, I'm not in the cabin that much!!

The only problem I had with the Fantasy 1A is at first I bumped my head on the top bunk a few times - even folded up it sticks out just a bit over the bottom bed....and it made it tricky for someone like me who tends to sit up in bed a lot.

For the price it was well worth a couple of oops moments....and some of them are Empress aft which puts you just a flight of stairs away from the Serenity Deck.

Em

Where do you check out the early saver prices? When I was on the Carnival site it's in a box and when you highlight it the box turns green (?) but nothing happens.

I just pulled it up the same as the others. Try a different cruise or date and see if you get a different result. You also could try calling them if you can't get the price that you think that you should.

Janet

I just booked myself on the Carnival Elation April 2nd-5th going to Ensenada, Mexico in a 1A. Not a bad price $359.08 This cruise was cheaper than my original plans of going to San Francisco where my food bill would have been more than the cruise itself!! Got a room on the Empress deck so not too bad.

Thanks to this thread I booked my first solo cruise on the Destiny in room 2335. It looks like an awesome room for a 1A price! :) Thanks!

Congrats! You really can't beat the price:) I have that room too. What I thought was going to be my 1st solo cruise, may now turn into a cruise with my neighbor, which is OK since we've traveled together before. I'm thinking about doing the 4 day solo before the 5 day, but it depends on whether or not the prices go down.

Congrats! You really can't beat the price:) I have that room too. What I thought was going to be my 1st solo cruise, may now turn into a cruise with my neighbor, which is OK since we've traveled together before. I'm thinking about doing the 4 day solo before the 5 day, but it depends on whether or not the prices go down.

The price was great for a solo person. I guess it's not officially an oceanview room, but it looks great from the pictures I've seen. I'm very happy!

I was talking about the 1A rooms at the stern - the large ones with 2 large windows. There are only 2 per ship and only on 8 ships. I have spent far too many hours trying to find any that are available, but no luck.

Are those of you who get these rooms using a TA or searching them yourself? I hope someone will answer me and not feel that helping me get one of these rooms is competition with you.

Thanks! :)

I actually just booked my room online. I was thrilled with the fact that one of these was available on the sailing I wanted.

Just curious . . . how do you get one of these large, 2 window 1A rooms??? I spent hours checking all the cruises being offered on all the ships with these rooms, and couldn't find any available. And I was checking into 2009 on some of them.

I understand that there are only 2 per ship, but how many years ahead did you guys have to book them? I'm thinking at least 5 or more. Or did you have a TA help find them?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Those fabulous cabins are slowly being converted to 6As and for the most part are no longer available as 1As. The 1As with portholes in the front of the ship are stilll available however.

I called Carnival directly to price different cruises. The pricing on the Sept 12 and Sept 17 one week cruises (NY-Canada roundtrip) were priced the best--early saver price $699.40 (includes non-refundable deposit). The TA offered me an upgrade to a porthole cabin. For this price I would have booked an inside. I really feel I lucked out.

Faith