1A Cabins on Carnival (MERGED THREADS)

trvllover

Is there a lA cabins on the Sea Princess. Or equivalent?

If so what are the cabin numbers?

Thanks

Doris

As far as I know 1A cabins are only found on Carnival ships. Other lines have single cabins, but they are not the same thing. Princess does not have an single occupancy cabins.

With the future cruise certificate - do be aware that the onboard credit for a solo traveler is only 1/2 the amount for double occupancy - even if you are paying a 200% supplement for the cabin.

Em

I pay a single senior rate. It generally works out to about 140%. The OBC is just icing on an already wonderful cake so I don't care how much (or little) it is.

I've read about the 1A cabins on this forum. I have looked at Carnivals website and when I try to check prices for a 1A cabin for various different cruises, I am quoted double the prices shown. I am changing the number of passengers from 2 to 1 and all the prices double, nothing about a 1A comes up. What am I doing wrong? How can I find these 1A cabins online?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
post merged into existing thread concerning 1A cabins

I've read about the 1A cabins on this forum. I have looked at Carnivals website and when I try to check prices for a 1A cabin for various different cruises, I am quoted double the prices shown. I am changing the number of passengers from 2 to 1 and all the prices double, nothing about a 1A comes up. What am I doing wrong? How can I find these 1A cabins online?

Thanks in advance.

After you get to that point, click on the tab labeled "Category" and scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll find the 1A cabins there. Make sure you check all the special rates you qualify for - location, past cruiser, senior, early saver, etc.

I enjoyed mine so much I am going back again in October. Couldn't get the same cabin, but got the one next door E185. This is the 4 day sailing so more time to relax and decompress.

I just got off the Imagination this morning in E183. It was my first solo cruise and the first time I have had an Inside Cabin. I really liked the room. It was perfect for one person plus the location was great. I loved the back stairwell to the Serenity deck, etc. I would definitely book this cabin again if I was cruising solo.

Thanks in advance.

On the Carnival website, when checking for 1A cabina, change the occupancy to 1, then click on a category where you choose your own cabin. When you get to that screen, check 'edit', and it will show all categories available. 1A will be all the way to the bottom. If there are none available, the category won't show. EM

That's great!!! I'm on Elation in December for my birthday in the same E189 again but this time, my friend who has never cruised is coming with me. I made her promise to take the top bunk cause I am not going up there and she agreed!!! If I were taking a longer cruise, I too would get a room with "real" light!

Boy how the time has changes...I am now booked on the Elation for November 9th. I wanted a 1A room with my friend but it wasn't available. We ended up getting a 4D room with two portholes on the Empress Deck.

I have booked a 1A cabin many times in the past and find the cabin to be nice and roomy. I find that it is an affordable option for SOLO cruisers. I do not spend a lot of time in the room while I am on a cruise. I enjoy sleeping late while on vacation and being in an inside room blocks out all of the light!

Me either, I didn't spend much time in the room at all!!

• 3 weeks later...

Am in the dark about 1a cabins. Do you have to go directly to Carnival and request one? Can you ask for a 1a guaranty? What is the charge for the 1A cabin.

please, anyone, email me at doriemae @ hotmail. com and give me some information.

Thank you.

Am in the dark about 1a cabins. Do you have to go directly to Carnival and request one? Can you ask for a 1a guaranty? What is the charge for the 1A cabin.

please, anyone, email me at doriemae @ hotmail. com and give me some information.

Thank you.

Howdy doris1930! 50.gif

I fully realize this is a very large thread, but you will probably find most of the answers you seek on this or other threads. Please feel free to use the Search this Forum feature on all Cruise Critic message board forums with your key word or words. It will help narrow down the threads you will want to read during your research. Also, you can see if your inquiry has been asked and answered before. And it probably has... many, many times! 05.gif

Click the Search this Forum feature to open the drop down menu. Type in your key word or words then click the little Go button. I suggest you do not try a search with too many or too common of key words at one time. This will sometime overwhelm the search feature with too many threads to scan and it will time out. I just used "1A cabins" as my key words on this forum and found about 174 threads.

From time to time, you may receive an error message that says "Search function is down". PLEASE TRY AGAIN in a few moments. This message will often pop up during the busiest times of the day. Also, be sure to read the Sticky post titled How To Perform More Detailed and Specific Searches on the Boards at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=969846.

Also, per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership:

Answer Postings on the Boards, Not in E-mail

Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Hey, just wondering something....

I am THRILLED to have a cat 1A (2 port holes) cabin confirmed on my b2b cruise coming up, but just out of curiosity...has anyone ever been upgraded from a cat 1A (w/ the port holes) to an ov?

I was just curious. And if you did, did you call the cruise line or did they call you? I didn't want to book a guarantee, because I wanted to confirm the port hole cabin...and I'm very, very happy to have been able to secure it.

Anyway, very happy with what I have, but still a bit curious...

Thanks all!:D

~Liz

I know when I've booked my 1A's on Carnival, they usually have a symbol that represents the portholes. From what I've observed, they are usually at the front (bow) of the ship. The only 1A's that I have seen with windows are the odd shaped cabins closer to the rear (stern) of the ship.*I could be wrong about this, it is just my observation.* Before putting your money down, though, I would always double check directly with Carnival, so you get what you want. Five minutes on the phone can pay off for 7 days on board! Also, the cabin sizes don't always match the brochure/online diagram. I picked what looked like a tiny bit bigger cabin, and ended up getting just the opposite. It's not a big deal to me, but it was a learning adventure. I also could have had a couch in my room, but I didn't pick that cabin because it seemed the smallest of the bunch when I looked at the diagram...wrong again. Oh well, live and learn...I guess I'll have to go back to try the other cabin:D!!

Happy sailing,

~Liz

My first cruise was in a 1A on the old Carnival Jubilee (R7). It was huge. No portholes, but because of the shape (just where the hull started to turn toward the bow), it had a ton of room. My friend and her son were just down the hall in a "regular" 1A and our cabin was nearly twice the size. Lots of motion up there, though.

Anyway, I'm sailing solo for the first time on Triumph on the Cruise to Nowhere in about 3 weeks. I'll be in 1402. Got the last 1A available. Had thought about booking months ago, but didn't, and sort of did this last minute. I was lucky there was a 1A still available.

There is a thread on the Carnival board specifically about 1A cabins that talks about the various layouts, which have portholes, etc. You can find it in an Advance Search. Lots of good info in that thread.

I know what to expect from the cabin, but I'll take photos and come back and post them for others.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had only one 1A cabin (inside) - never again, because I find I'm more claustrophobic than I thought.:p BUT - it had two beds on the floor and a pull down from the wall.

I now book either 1As with porthole or OV. I TRY for the porthole(s), because it's so nice to have a view without paying more. (Single supplements are bad enough already.):D

That's a lot of beds for the room I was in!

Cotton, I noticed people looking for you recently. Are you doing OK?

Edited by crusinpsychRN

I booked a 1a Guarantee and was upgraded to a 4a. It was a very nice room on the Riveria Deck. Twin beds and nice bathroom. Try booking a 1a Guarantee and hopefully you will be upgraded as well as being a little cheaper in price. When you go solo that's just your room. They don't have anybody share it with you. Good Luck Mary49

Do you have to do this with the cruise line or can you do it on line? I've not seen 1A guarantees.

The 1A seems to have a lot more floor space than the 4A. Does 4A have a sofa?

I just got off the Imagination this morning in E183. It was my first solo cruise and the first time I have had an Inside Cabin. I really liked the room. It was perfect for one person plus the location was great. I loved the back stairwell to the Serenity deck, etc. I would definitely book this cabin again if I was cruising solo.

Was there much noise from above you, the DR I think? Any vibration noises?

I took a 1A on Victory. It was so worth it! The version I had came with a single bed and a couch. The bunk bed stayed fully recessed. With two portholes it was a nice room with plenty of space. The only time noise was an issue was as the anchor was being raised or lowered. Given a choice of an interior or this, I'd choose the 1A with portholes.